Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing 2017
Forum Discription: All the news and gossip from the new series of SCD
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36515
Printed Date: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:52

Topic: SCD Final chat thread
Posted By: Bren
Subject: SCD Final chat thread
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 17:35
doing the thread early as I have to go out but hope to be back before the results

If I'm not Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all and thankyou for your company this year which with everything that has gone on has been a bit hit and miss by me but onwards and upwards hope to be in better form for the next one.

Hope you can join us for DOI which starts in Jan - T & D moving to judging this year and the pros as on strictly will do their own routines - should be a move for the better

Promise I will get a thread and details up over Christmas in time for show starting

Whoever your favourite is I hope they do well

Brenxx

Replies:
Posted By: littlesue
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 17:56
Have a nice Xmas to you Bren. Hopefully Joe to win x

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:04
I am going out tonight too and will have to (yet again) watch on catch up. Would prefer either Joe or Alexandra to win but as long as it is not Debbie I'll be happy! Hope it is a good show.
Season's greetings to you all and thank you, Bren, for making this thread possible. Let's hope we all have a great 2018!

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:42
Made it!!
I want Joe to win - don't dislike any of them but Debbie has too much experience, Alexandra is good but she doesn't excite me for some reason & Gemma hasn't had a wow moment & has had quite a few, poor latins. Hope they all dance well tonight.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:46
Gosh - what a difference just getting rid of that brown coat made!! Great start to the show.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:55
Debbie's salsa was better but still not a 40.

Posted By: mikelincs
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:56
she was getting tired by the end.

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:58
Not worthy of tens me thinks, hope Joe or Alex win

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 18:59
Originally posted by mikelincs

she was getting tired by the end.

Yep - she's going to be knackered by the show dance!!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:07
Not keen on strictly pasos - the music etc & so that puts me off straight away but she's improved although still not good enough to win!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:10
Lovely from Joe - much better than 1st time.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:17
Enjoyed Joes VW

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:22
Bit disappointed in Alexandra's show dance - not because of her dancing, she was great but think she could have coped with so much more.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:24
So glad she's doing the jive!!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:29
Debbie's show dance just as expected - balletic, lifts & splits

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:39
That was more of a show dance!! Enjoyed it, although she's not the best dancer, she really went for it & it worked.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:41
enjoyed that show dance

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:46
A bit disappointed in Joe's too - he didn't do an awful lot of dancing. Still want him to win though!!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:47
great story telling by Joe and Katya 

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:48
Oh Craig - put your tongue back in!!!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 19:59
Enjoyed that more this time round - she might just win the whole thing.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:00
I suspect she doesn't have the popular support

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:07
Think that was better from Debbie too.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:08

I suspect she doesn't have the popular support

I know, not sure how voting will be split between the four. We're not going to know 2nd-4th places, are we?

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:10
Doubt it, they will only announce the winner as far as I know.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:26
Voting done - 6 free online tonight. Think Bruno's been at the bar tonight. Come on Joe!!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:27
voted all for Joe

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:28

voted all for Joe

Me too

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:41
All but one vote to Joe

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:57
Yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Yippee!! Well done Joe & Katya

Well here goes brilliant Joe won well deserved so very pleased

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 21:32
Thanks for your company over this series everyone hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year

-------------
Pan

Posted By: littlesue
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 08:17
Merry Xmas and happy new year to you all.

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:13
Haven't watched it yet but Joe's win is well deserved, he has really developed into a lovely dancer over this series. Katya is a brilliant addition to the pros. Have a great Xmas etc and hopefully we'll all be back again next year. Keep dancing!

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 16:43
Good final... Congrats to Joe & Katya. Not my favourite on the night but the most improved over the series. I loved Alex's showdance. A real medley. Perfect. Debbie's wasn't my cup of tea. Gemma's was suprisingly goood. Joe's was style over substance. I enjoyed the group dance. Great to see everyone again.. especially Susan. Thank you Bren. Merry Xmas one and all xxx

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: BambionIce
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:15
Finals are far easier to watch without emotional investment, aren't they! I enjoyed this year's a lot, having been underwhelmed by the series as a whole.

Round 1:
Alex's AS was *nice* and it was good to see a softer side. Debbie and fast latin still don't mix, but I thought her salsa looked better than last time. Gemma's Paso is one of the few dances of hers I actually remember but hey - it's still as Paso Doble done to Coldplay, and that's not a good thing, surely? Joe's VW, which I loved the first time, I loved again - despite a scary moment near the end which the judges chose not to notice...

Clearly being told their scores didn't count affected the panel's attitude - either that or some joker superglued Shirley and Bruno's 10 buttons into place. Guidance only? Oh, they're all marvellous, darlings!!!

Round 2:
Showdances, smowdances! What a bloomin' let down!

Alexandra's Greatest Hits was bitty and ungainly - big on jazz-hands and personality, small on coherence and hindered by the theme/framing stuff. Giovanni was either playing to his partner's (pre-existing) skills or giving a massive V-sign to the sceptics. Ballet-trained Debbie as the music box ballerina? It was all very lovely I'm sure, but it didn't exactly showcase her "journey" did it?

Kudos to the over-excited Labrador formerly known as Aljaz - he actually choreographed something coherent which, although the lifts still clunked a bit, held together as the most enjoyable dance of the round. As for Katya... well I think she's wonderful, but what in Gawd's name was *that* supposed to be?

Less Joe's audition reel for Chicago, more Mrs Jones's pitch for next year's provincial panto, it was too sugary even for my infamously sweet tooth, overwhelmed by its "storytelling" and swamped for me with disappointment. The quicksteppy bits were good - but there weren't many of them

It's enough to make me long for the days of throw-the-kitchen-sink party latin showdances and I never thought I'd be saying that

Round 3:
Sanity restored! Alexandra's jive is still sensational (although lacking the impact of its first performance - maybe I'd built it up in my head); Debbie's AT knocks her overmarked ballroom tango into a cocked hat; Gemma's AS is still *nice* but doesn't inspire me, and Joe's Charleston is the most fun of the lot. Bravo everyone, you've all done marvellously - have another shower of 10s!

I wouldn't have much minded who won - even Gemma upped it significantly on the night - but Joe and Katya tick the personality plus partnership and performance boxes nicely, so congrats to them both.

Here endeth the sermon - merry Christmas to you all, and thank you especially to Bren for keeping us updated through the most difficult times - good wishes to you all for 2018!

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 13:26
I've enjoyed reading your write ups Bambi. You've made me chuckle numerous times. Thank you

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 20:36
Did watch the final this week, it was on at a friends house last Saturday, but more as background music,so I knew who won.
Glad for Joe, and Katja

Is there a Xmas special on?? probably, -have yet to look at tv guide.

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas festivities, a quiet one here, full of a cold etc.. now, so staying in,,,, low key affair here.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Print Page | Close Window