Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing 2017
Forum Discription: All the news and gossip from the new series of SCD
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36514
Printed Date: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:26

Topic: Show dance tunes
Posted By: Maisie
Subject: Show dance tunes
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 18:53
Not excited by the show dance tunes - hope I'm pleasantly surprised on the night!!

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 19:02
Hi Maisie. Where are the songs?

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 19:17
Hi Jo - it was on ITT:

Judge's choices:
Debbie, Salsa to Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Alexandra, American Smooth to Wouldn't It Be Lovely
Joe, Viennese Waltz to Somewhere My Love
Gemma, Paso Doble to Viva La Vida

Showdances:
Debbie, One Day I'll Fly Away
Alexandra, There’s No Business Like Showbusiness
Joe, You Make My Dreams
Gemma, Show Me How You Burlesque

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 07:49
Thanks Maisie I like the songs for Alex / Joe. Contemporary for Debbie? Odd choice for Gemma. I just can't imagine her dancing to the song.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: BambionIce
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:08
Not madly impressed with the showdance choices - but then they're often a bit of a damp squib to me! A few stand out for the right(Zoe and Ian, Alesha and Matthew, Tom and Camilla even though I never cared for him and, probably oddly, Caroline and Pasha) or all the wrong (Lisa and Brendan, Rachel and Vincent, Colin and Erin) reasons but for the most part they're just a bit <I>meh</I> as a rule.

I presume Giovanni intends to play to Debbie's balletic strengths; Gorka going for all-out showbiz, and goodness only knows what the other pros have in mind. I assumed Alexandra's song would be Joe's and Gemma's would be Alex's - I really can't get my head around what Aljaz is planning with that one!

Glad Joe has his VW from the judges as I loved that routine, and they've resisted the temptation to throw anyone under a bus. I wasn't a huge Louise fan last year but giving her the Cha x 3 against Ore's AS and Danny's Quickstep didn't seem quite a level playing field to me.

Print Page | Close Window