Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing 2017
Forum Discription: All the news and gossip from the new series of SCD
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36506
Printed Date: 21 Apr 2018 at 04:46

Topic: Musical week music and dances
Posted By: Bren
Subject: Musical week music and dances
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 19:25
Davood and Nadiya perform an Argentine Tango to The Phantom Of The Opera from The Phantom Of The Opera
Joe and Katya will Samba to Money Monday from Cabaret
Alexandra and Gorka dance the Charleston to Supercalifragilistic from Mary Poppins
Debbie and Giovanni perform an American Smooth to Memory from Cats
Gemma and Aljaz will Quickstep to Hello Dolly! from Hello Dolly!
Mollie and AJ dance the Rumba to I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserablés

Replies:
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 19:26
apart from Hello Dolly - have no words for other choices 

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 07:53
Haha. This is going to be fun. Worth a look just to see if any of them can pull it off...

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 13:06
Hope Katya can work her magic on Joe this week - potentially not an easy dance. I can't see Mollie coping with rumba very well. The 2 couples in the dance off could well be down to popularity this week.

Posted By: BambionIce
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 14:04
Well those are some... random selections!

It's getting almost impossible to predict this series, but I assume Gemma having a good song choice and looking safer in ballroom is probably ok. I'm cynical enough to assume Debbie and Alex will find themselves joint-top of the leaderboard as they may be in need of "protection" from the public vote...

Mollie and rumba sounds like a dangerous mix, and I'm not convinced by POTO for an AT at all...

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 14:43
From BBC website- UPDATE:  Mollie and AJ dance the Rumba to Hopelessly Devoted To You from Grease

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 14:44
What a weird selection of music!!

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 14:48
Originally posted by Maisie

From BBC website- UPDATE:  Mollie and AJ dance the Rumba to Hopelessly Devoted To You from Grease

How on earth can that be a rumba?

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 19:28
Agree Bambi. Alex & Debbie will be protected. I don't blame tptb. It would be a poor final without them.. especially Alex. I think Joe will be ok too. Katya will pull it off with the choreo. Possible D/O Mollie v Gemma / Davvod. Mollie to go. Sadly. I prefer her to Gemma & Davvod.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 17:53
Think Mollie may be safe as I heard that Shirley trains A J or am I use been cynical?

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 18:57
nah Shirley also trained Kevin, Katya, Neil, Gio, she at one point has trained them all but she has been in USA more than UK for a few years any contact AJ has had not that much and Neil and Katya as champions much more high profile pupils than AJ

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 21:14
Fair enough Bren I know you are much more informed than anyone in the tabloids.

-------------
Pan

Posted By: LilSophella
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 22:23
This has probably been asked loads of times, but who picks the music, do the pro dancers have any say in the choice?

Print Page | Close Window