Is this a Charleston?

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:02
Oh dear can see this being slated

-------------
Pan

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:02
poor Mollie the music is too slow and despite swivelling on ITT she is not tonigt

if you switched this on half way through yo would not know what it is

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:04
looks like judges are going to mark this high regardless

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:04
Did Shirley and Bruno see the same as I did?

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:05
what is up with the Judges ????

Posted By: worcesterdancer
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:07
It's Black book so the marks will edge up a bit

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:08
Desperate to keep Mollie in I suspect.

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:09
Oh Kevin next looking forward to this

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:11
Disney's dancing hippos come to mind......

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:14
aww could be Susans last week I fear seems like they are going to big up the middlers to leave these two bottom - but she did well to get there

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:17
Professional time.......

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:19
well if Mollies terrible Charleston got 8 Debbies lousy ballerina samba will get 10

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:20
a samba less samba

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:20
Is this a bit "placed"?

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:21
sorry that was awful

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:22
Originally posted by worcesterdancer

Is this a bit "placed"?

No samba action at all thought it was terrible

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:23
I despair 

Posted By: fluff66
Hi everyone

I thought that was dreadful

-------------
treat others as you wish to be treated

I suppose the judges have to bull it all up for Blackpool tho

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:26
hi fluff

that was awful 8 and 9 for a dance with 1 step (the rolls ) done anywhere right - what they are doing is trying to get the two weakest in dance off - what they forget is the public will vote for who they like

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:28
Jonnie's leg really limiting him in this

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:29
Tonight has been totally undewhelming

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:30
Darcy really talking rubbish this weak

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:30
def worcestershire

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:33
Feeling this is going to be a bad week, really think the judges have an agenda tonight

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:34
glad it is not just me Pandora - Debbie and Mollie so overmarked

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:36
The BeeB are over hyping Blackpool and forgetting these are amateurs and celebs.....I prefer the normal studio shows......the dancers can't equal the venue or the hype

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:37
we will see what the agenda is when we see Gemma's marks

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:38
dont know what it is but Aljaz's partners always have gapping probs

Posted By: littlesue
All mediocre so far this week

this was ok but dull

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:40
yep the Agenda is to push the middlers and top to have weakest at bottom

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:41
Here we go praising Gemma. Know Susan has signed up to the tour wonder if this is designed to get others to sign up for it?

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:42
10?????????

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:42
oh I give up 10 am losing respect for Shirl and Bruno

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:43
Those scores are a disgrace, this is so wrong. Thought I would never say this but bring back Len

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:44
looks like producers are directing those marks for sure

now Davood has poor shaping you watch them say shaping is great

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:46
yep no shaping at all

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:47
Is it me or are all of these dances very hard to "follow"?

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:47
its not you worcester

see Bruno is off

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:48
yep judges def under orders

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:49
ffs 9???

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:51
well at least they can't mark 11 :)

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:53
Shirley praised him for a turn which according to hubby is the easiest of flamenco turns (basic first turn you learn) as the hardest. Really feel this is beyond a joke now

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:54
4 10's Angelica?

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:55
best dance of the night so has to be 10's but only really worth 9's cos mollie, debbie and davood should only have got 8's as a maximum

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:56
What about the 10 second rule

-------------
Pan

Best one so far

Originally posted by Pandora\'s Box

Shirley praised him for a turn which according to hubby is the easiest of flamenco turns (basic first turn you learn) as the hardest. Really feel this is beyond a joke now

spot on Pandora and in the epels he was not using the foot right - body was ramrod straight

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:00
I know it is time for weaker dancers to go but wish the producers would not try to manipulate the marks to see them go, the public will probably vote like mad to save the lowly ones and 2 middlers will be in DO - which defeats the object

viewers are not fools twitter is alightt with tweetes shouting fix

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:01
Joe's standing still salsa?

this is a weird salsa music awful dance flat

and I love Joe

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:05
Didnt really enjoy tonights dances Struggling on who to give my votes too

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:05
well underwhelmed tonight this will get 8 and 9's wont it ??

I mean that was a flat salsa or is it me???

well its over to the public now

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:06
Whole show....over hyped gerrymandered dross.....

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:06
I am going to vote to the people I like and not who the producers wish to manipulate me to vote for cos none of the dances are that good except Alex's

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:11
Have voted if anything the manipulation would make me vote against those highly scored. Have done the same as you Bren and gone for whom I like.

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:13
Thanks for the company everyone

It was the best bit

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:15
Originally posted by fluff66

Thanks for the company everyone

It was the best bit

so agree Fluff

-------------
Pan

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:19
yes thanks for the company peeps and you were def the best part

have voted for alex cos she was good and susan cos of Kev :)

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:24
Well Alex was good (though there was a lot of out of hold) and Gemma and Mollie were better than last week. Hated Debbie's samba and she looked awful in that wig. Hated Mollie's music but thought she looked on a par with her backing dancers when she did a solo bit. Davood back to being macho and nothing else and Joe's salsa was frantic - his backing dancers got in the way and showed up his poor posture. I anticipate that Susan and Jonnie will be in dance off and Susan will go. I really like the progress Joe is making overall and hope he gets to the final just because of his dancing "journey" (sorry for the j word!)

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:42
Joe is one of my faves but that routine not good tonight

as susan has beaten Jonnie and Mollie vote wise on other occassions I feel it could be a Jonnie/ Mollie dance off

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 21:02
oh and Alex is so good and so far ahead of them - unbelievable

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:12
Just watched it now & I was tempted to fast forward through a few of the dances!! Not sure how the voting will go at all - off to see the spoiler!

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 14:47
Originally posted by Maisie

Just watched it now & I was tempted to fast forward through a few of the dances!! Not sure how the voting will go at all - off to see the spoiler!

Me too Maisie. Alex was superb, Gemma quite good and Jonnie did his best.. but I hit fast forward for Davood, Joe & Debbie. What a shambles. Mollie deserves a medal for dancing to Wings and Susan made me smile. I'd like to see more ballroom in Blackpool. Less props. Less extras.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 16:22
agree Jo they should try ballroom only and latin only weeks say half way through giving time for celebs to get used to dancing and save ballroom week for blackpool

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 17:38
Agree with both re more ballroom/less props & dancers - give them proper music & outfits too and make it a stylish event rather than throwing everything at it and telling us how wonderful it is!!

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 17:45
Originally posted by Maisie

Agree with both re more ballroom/less props & dancers - give them proper music & outfits too and make it a stylish event rather than throwing everything at it and telling us how wonderful it is!!
agree whole heartedly

-------------
Pan

Posted By: BambionIce
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 16:47
I've only watched the dances on Youtube - decided to learn from my Halloween mistake and watch the figure skating live on Eurosport instead. That wasn't an epic (my two favourite men in the competition were both a bit below their best) but it beat the living whatsits out of what I've seen from Blackpool...

Alexandra must be a racing cert for the final - she's the only one who performs well, week in, week out. She was also the only one who didn't leave me feeling "Well, there's two minutes of my life I won't get back!"

Debbie - bleh. Some kind of "party" latin with fluff all samba about it to my decidedly untrained eye. Jonnie - I like him a lot, but he's reached his limits I think. Gemma - good, but bland. Did she really get 10s for that???

I like Joe - didn't care for that salsa. Davood - hmph. Maybe I've just seen much more enjoyable Live And Let Die Pasos?

Susan - Never seen the film, haven't a clue what the routine was about... kind of left feeling "Four years lobbying for that???" As for Mollie - she's better with her feet off the dance floor - is that what they were trying to tell us?

If I've missed anyone - please don't tell me, given how little I enjoyed most of the rest...

On a wholly unrelated note - I've been rewatching some of my favourites from previous years to cheer myself up and I'm trying to remember - Bren, was it you who posted a version of Alesha and Matthew's samba with a different (better!) track as bendymixer? If so - wow!!! I remember being underwhelmed for the one and only time watching the original, but with new music... my God, that woman could dance!!!

Oh, for a spark like that on this year's show!

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 18:01
You've hit the nail on the head Bambi. This year lacks spark. Alex is good .. almost too good in comparison to everyone else. The judges have dished out 10's right, left and centre to try to compensate. It was a big mistake to let Aston go as he was the next best. In Latin anyway. I think that's why Susan (must be) doing well in the public vote. At least she's fun   

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 21:06
Think Alex and Debbie not popular with the public because of their formal dance format. Think Alex may suffer like Natalie Gumbede did a few years ago who was clearly the best dancer but Abbey Clancy won it.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:35
I suspect you're right, Jo - there's an awful lot of over-compensation going on to "persuade" the viewing public that it really isn't a one-horse race in terms of the actual dancing stuff...

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer but Chris "I've only got one memorable dance" Hollins beat him because he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:46
Originally posted by BambionIce

I suspect you're right, Jo - there's an awful lot of over-compensation going on to "persuade" the viewing public that it really isn't a one-horse race in terms of the actual dancing stuff...

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer (Hollins had the Charleston and not much else as I recall) but he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

I completely agree that Jo, for instance, is more likeable than Alexander. However, didn't Chris Hollins beat Ricky Whittle and NOT Darren Gough? I think Darren won with Lilia in a different year.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:47
Originally posted by salsa-addict

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer (Hollins had the Charleston and not much else as I recall) but he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

I completely agree that Jo, for instance, is more likeable than Alexander. However, didn't Chris Hollins beat Ricky Whittle and NOT Darren Gough? I think Darren won with Lilia in a different year.

Sorry, didn't phrase that very well - Goughie would've been my least worthy winner throughout the history of SCD had it not been for Mr Hollins beating that utter smuggo Ricky W

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 17:47

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer but Chris "I've only got one memorable dance" Hollins beat him because he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

I only started watching in 2010.. so I didn't have the pleasure - or lack of it - of watching Chris win. If any beats Alex it will feel all wrong (imo). No ones good enough. At least in 2013 Abbey & Susanna put up a fight. I don't think Joe, Mollie, Gemma or Davood have (yet) ...

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 18:50
Thanks for the explanation, Bambi. I have watched Strictly from the start and have, sadly, coe to realise that it is not like proper dance competitions and the best dancer often does nor win, neither does the person who has made the most impressive journey. The voting public is fickle. Personally I am enjoying watching Alex and Gorka. I love her commitment and think it has helped show his strengths re choreography too. However, I can appreciate that she might rub some viewers up the wrong way AND she has a strong theatrical background to enhamce her ability to perform. I also think Katya is brilliant at getting the best from the 2 partners she has and Joe is very likeable and making excellent progress. Mollie and Gemma are both a bit bland for me - Mollie more so than Gemma. I don't particularly like Davood and his partner - all too much good looks and no substance. I absolutely love Kevin and think he is the best at pitching the routines for his partner, whatever their ability but I don't think Susan has the dance ability to get through. Gosh I have missed out Debbie - perhaps just as well!!

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 18:51
Sorry for the typos - G&T for T!!!

Print Page | Close Window