Print Page | Close Window

Once more into the glittery chamber...

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: Reality TV
Forum Name: Andrew's Strictly Blog
Forum Discription: fun review of Strictly each week
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36464
Printed Date: 18 Nov 2017 at 14:10

Topic: Once more into the glittery chamber...
Posted By: Andrew
Subject: Once more into the glittery chamber...
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 23:53
...and the cue for a bottle of red and glass to be placed within close proximity of me and the wife, the bliddy chicken to finally come out of the oven and be plopped with the chips and to prepare ourselves for another few months of fun!

We're eating dinner as we watch the show so I'm having to bank things in my head for the blog - and my first thought is to skip straight past Winklepicker and Daly's gurning and to the actual pairing up of the couples - this part took some time! Right, I *think* this is where it starts - no, they're bringing on the usual hapless three stooges spinning around with the graces of spaniels chasing their own tails - and the new lady Shirley, who looks incredibly glamorous and like she knows her stuff - can we keep her and send the rest to the tacky American version where Len is these days?    

I know, I know I'm a curmudgeonly old plonker and y'all have had enough of my moaning - let's introduce the celebs and restore some positivity to this, ahem, sainted blog. Here we go - I quite like her, who, who, has Brian Conley not already done this show with Gnasher Hardy or am I thinking of someone else? - who, who, Debbie McGee certainly isn't holding back! - who, who, ooh I like the Reverend - let's hope he turns out to be more like the judge last year than some of the previous celebrities who've...tried very hard but let's say not succeeded, who, I think I know, I think I know, slightly irritating, and poor Alexandra Burke - you would have thought the Cowell factor would've kept her career going a bit longer than this!

D'y know what, this seems silly - I knew the pairings days ago thanks to Bren's lovely spoiler so I'll just do an individual comment for each of them tomorrow when it's a wee bit earlier - saves us wasting an hour. (well, 15 minutes if me and the wife fast forward as we have been! ) The wife isn't a member of the Blue (maybe should be - she can do the blog when I can't be bothered! ) so isn't au fait with the pairings - she's staying up to watch the rest and I'm finishing my glass, typing this for you then nodding off.

I am catching a few things just casually glancing at the screen while she's watching - wow, I'm not sure who Chizzy is as I don't watch Holby City but Pasha may want to go the gym! I kid - I'm not exactly in competing for the olympics state myself - much to the amusement of the wife who, rather childishly uses it as her excuse to stash the goodies!

Sorry to be misleading tonight - can't wait to do a proper blog and meet up with all the regulars here once the show returns properly. Adios for now, mi amigos!
(the wife - against my will - dragged me to a Spanish nightclass on Thursday because I 'stick to my own lane' - I have to learn some because she'll being better at it as bragging rights - and in the past that's been her excuse when all the tipple is gone before Saturday night )

Print Page | Close Window