Forum Name: Andrew's Strictly Blog
Forum Discription: fun review of Strictly each week
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36445
Printed Date: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:18

Topic: 17th December - The Final
Posted By: Andrew
Subject: 17th December - The Final
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 21:15
Nearly two and a half hours with no break - good job there's plenty wine in the house!

The opening is hilariously melodramatic - no doubt we'll be in for more of this throughout the show. Here come our finalists - I wonder how long it'll be before they start their routines?

And here are Daly and Winklepicker - Winklepicker's wearing an nice enough frock for once but Daly's is partly ruined by the tacky belt again.

Judging by last week's marks, I think every dance will get a 'perfect' score' whether they deserve it or not.

I *think* they're getting the first couple on - yes, it's Ore & Joanne:-
I'm very glad the stooges have given them the American Smooth again - I thought they'd give in and stiff them with a rubbish one after the ridiculous 'fix' rumors abound on Digital Spy!
I loved this when they did it first and it's just as good now - I think the wine must be kicking in already - me and the wife got up and tried it out!
Turns out I was wrong about the scores - they do have '9's' after all.

Louise & Kevin:-
The Cha-Cha-Cha - I have no memory of them doing this, I don't think. Well, it wasn't my favourite of hers but I still enjoyed it - and I will be backing them for the trophy!

Danny & Oti:-
There's no need for me to comment on the dance - we all know it'll be excellent - wait a minute, did he cock up that step? The stooges, surprisingly, mention it - this'll surely help them win?

I knew it wouldn't be long until Winklepicker shoved in her 'props' interlude - with that and the 'terms and conditions' tomfoolery every week, the Beeb seem to be preparing the show for a move to CBeebies next year!

Ore & Joanne:-
I don't like to sound cliched, but this is what a *proper* show dance looks like - gushing from the stooges and 10's across the board - well deserved!

Louise & Kevin:-
Why are they bringing in Daly and Winklepicker into the training footage? We see enough of the pair already - more than enough!
The music wasn't the best but Louise's dancing was well worth a '10' - they'd better not finish third!

Danny & Oti:-
The fact they're dancing to an Adele song wasn't going to help me enjoy this - no, I'm not a fan! I'll admit, it was danced very well - of course it was! I still think he'll nab the trophy - after ending up in the dunce off last week the 'Hollyoaks' fans will be out in full force!

Hells bells - according to Winklepicker the couples are only doing one more dance but it says there's an hour to go - how much padding will there be?

Ore & Joanne:-
I don't think I've seen their Jive in full since they did it - and while I'm not a big fan of the style I can't deny how well they danced - I may drop these two a vote as well as Louise.

The final dance of the series - hooray! I didn't catch much of it as I was fetching another bottle of red but the wife and the stooges liked it - to the surprise of no one, a '40'.

Right, time for some 'public' messages - didn't they do that last week?

Now it's time to say goodbye to Old Pa Goodman - goodbye, Old Pa Goodman, now can we reveal the bliddy winner?

Before we get to that, I'd like to apologize if tonight's blog has been a bit boring - it's been a long series so I've grown a bit tired of it - tonight's show should be a lesson to the Beeb that a single week should never be this long without a break!

Rats, we now have to hear from the booted out dancers - and watch them dance again - the dance was quite entertaining, although it soon became apparent who'd danced a step since they went out and who hadn't!

Here are the stooges, talking about how this was 'the best series ever' - I don't care what they or Daly and Winklepicker say, I thought it was the worst series ever!

I think it's finally time - and well done Ore for winning, even if he wasn't my first pick - I'm going to have fun reading the meltdowns on Digital Spy later tonight!

Thanks everyone who read and commented the blog - as I think I've made clear, this hasn't been a great series of Strictly for me and I think that's been perhaps reflected in the quality of the blog - I still enjoy posting it and reading all your thoughts - as well as the rest of the forum.

Now it's time for christmas!

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 21:48
At last Andrew... You got up and had a dance. Nice work.

Thank you for doing the blog each week. I've really enjoyed it.

Merry Xmas to you & the wife

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 22:50
Thanks Andrew, compliments of the season

-------------
Pan

Posted By: Marky B
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 14:16
Thanks Andrew!

-------------
Don't tell them,Pike

Print Page | Close Window