Forum Name: Andrew's Strictly Blog
Forum Discription: fun review of Strictly each week
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36420
Printed Date: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:49

Topic: 12th November - Week 8
Posted By: Andrew
Subject: 12th November - Week 8
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:06
I'd like to apologise to the four or five regular commenters on the blog for not being here last week - I wasn't feeling very well and I'd forgotten my password to here - I'm fine now, although I've now learned to always read the sell-by-date on fish!

We're on - and here comes Daly, who looks like she's wearing an apron (let's hope she's considering a career change to Bake Off when it moves next year) and Winklepicker - oh get on, as I seem to say every week - we all know the rules after 14 odd years!

Daisy & Aljaž:-
She looks like she's had a few too many in that get-up - the Sarmba (?) looked quite good though, if a bit messy.
Ooh, Old Ma Berry in the audience - I assume she hasn't left the Beeb then?

Winklepicker's upstairs antics get less funny every week - they were never all that in the first place! Can she join Daly in Bake Off as well?

Greg & Natalie:-
Another great couple - well she's brilliant at least. He made an effort but it was as stiff as a starched collar and it wasn't exactly the most romantic Argentine Tango I've ever seen - it was an Argentine Tango, right? I struggle to tell more and more these days - either I'm getting older or the pros are putting less and less 'dance content' in their routines - I think it's the last one!

Judge Robert & Oksana:-
I didn't catch their dance as it was my turn to take out the bin - I decided to make the time worthwhile by bringing through a bottle of red on the way back! Well, the stooges obviously liked it - I'll have to see what you all said about it.

Ore & Joanne:-
I have no clue why they ended up in the dunce off last week - I'd *much* rather Danny had been there with the one who went home (I've forgotten who it was already - shows how much of an impression they made!) but I suppose the 'Hollyoaks' fans were out in full force!
Wow - I loved this a lot - no thanks to the music - and I may vote for them more than once!

Ed & Katya:-
Hells bells - I thought that 'Ganga Style' fad was done and forgotten about! No doubt if this is 'entertaining' enough it'll start all over again. To be fair, I did feel a bit sorry for old Ed during the Salsa (I use the term loosely) - the choreography didn't exactly discourage people from laughing at him - which the wife did - a lot!

Sorry to ruin the mood but I'm beginning to find it a bit ludicrous - I don't know if she picked the song or TPTB did but it certainly wasn't a Salsa - whoever created the great dance will be turning in their graves!

Danny & Oti:-
The Argentine Tango - I'm sure it'll be excellent, passionate and the dance of the night, whatever he does!
I don't care what steps he was doing, it looked too fast and frantic - Louise's last week was much better for me!
Wow, the stooges aren't gushing that much - I thought they'd love it - wait a minute, normality has resumed - Old Pa Goodman and Bruno award it with '10's and praise it to the skies!

Louise & Karen:-
I don't want to sound like Bruce Forsyth but this pair are my new favourites - and this was so good that me and the wife got up and had a go - she tried to get me to do it for Ed Balls' Salsa but I said I'd only do it if I got to drink the remains of the red and then she gave up!
Shut up Dreary, you nitpicking ninny!

Well that's that then - I'll be back later to see who got booted out.

Replies:
Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:21
missed your comments last week, i was in Notts visiting my daughter at Uni, so had to catch up the show on a tiny screen, which kept buffering!!

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: littlesue
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:22
You missed a ;couple out, lol

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:28
Originally posted by littlesue

You missed a ;couple out, lol

I knew I'd missed someone out - I suppose all I can say now is that Claudia was very good!

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:44
Hi Andrew, thanks for this missed your comments last week hope you are feeling better now 😀

-------------
Pan

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 08:05
Thanks Andrew. Missed your sparkling wit last week.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 21:40
Originally posted by Andrew

Louise & Karen:-
I don't want to sound like Bruce Forsyth but this pair are my new favourites - and this was so good that me and the wife got up and had a go - she tried to get me to do it for Ed Balls' Salsa but I said I'd only do it if I got to drink the remains of the red and then she gave up!
Shut up Dreary, you nitpicking ninny!

Well that's that then - I'll be back later to see who got booted out.

Oooo Andrew - you've given us Strictly's first same sex couple

Print Page | Close Window