Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: Reality TV
Forum Name: Andrew's Strictly Blog
Forum Discription: fun review of Strictly each week
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36410
Printed Date: 19 Nov 2017 at 13:47

Topic: 29th October - Halloween Week...
Posted By: Andrew
Subject: 29th October - Halloween Week...
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 21:10
...Let's prepare for bloody ludicrous costumes, tired old puns from the gruesome twosome and predictable song choices!

I'm a little late into the show as I've only just got back from the shops - I've came in on Judge Robert's dance - who have I missed? Knowing my luck, it'll be someone great! Judge Robert's paso seemed reasonable - but since when was the Paso Doble danced with a cape that looks like my ma's headscarf?

Claudia & AJ:-
On the topic of potions, maybe they could find one that would stop people writing these ridiculous 'comedy' VTs!? They did some quite good Viennese Whirling (I didn't hear, was it a Viennese Whirl?) when they weren't faffing about but it was nothing special - obviously, the stooges disagree and give it four 9's!

Anastacia & Brendan:-
Her Quickstep last week was definitely her best - but I can't see her lasting much longer.
I see Brenda(n)'s back - I'm sure she's delighted! Onto the dance, and it seemed a bit beyond her - and for once the stooges agree with me - was '4' not a bit harsh?

Taxi for Anastacia!

Danny & Oti:-
This feels like the week where they'll inevitably get a 10 - and probably more than one of them!
He's dancing well, as you would with West End experience - wait a second, even I saw those mistakes - I never wish for anyone to make mistakes so I do feel for him slightly.
I did chuckle a bit at the scores - isn't '30' less than what Judge Robert got?

Laura & Giovanni:-
I almost forgot she was in it after her no-show last week - it doesn't help that neither of them are exactly loaded with personality when they're off the floor. It looked very good - but is it just me that thought the scores were far too high?

Ore & Joanne:-
This couple are one of my favourites after their last few dances - and considering how good their Jive was I'm sure their Charleston will be excellent!
I don't know if Vicky what's-her-name thinks that's a good costume or TPTB are trying to stitch them up - either way, I wouldn't be happy if I was Ore or Joanne!
Well, it was good, but not exceptional - and it deserved more than a 6 from Craig - he gave a 7 to Danny Mac, who wasn't any better!

Greg & Natalie:-
I hope this is better than what he did last week - and it is - a lot better, although I don't know when they're going to start doing the Rhumba - Craig certainly isn't happy - I know I've moaned a lot about the scores tonight but a 4 for them is surely too low?

Hmm - Old Pa Goodman seems to be giving Craig a talking to in the background.

Daisy & Aljaz:-
It'd be a shame if they were in the dunce off again but I'm sure she'll get a few sympathy votes this time round.
I loved Aljaz's choreography and she danced very well, but she seems upset with it - why, it was good?

Ed & Katya:-
Is this the last one? I'm surprised they're giving him the pimp spot - I thought they'd want him out!
Well, the best thing I can say is that he mouthed the words correctly - I can't type much, I'm too busy crying with laughter, as is the wife!

As per, thanks for reading - I'll be back to see who got booted out.

Replies:
Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 21:45
You missed Louise and Kevin. - Charleston. I think they got pretty good scores.

I can see how Natalie managed to disguise most of Greg's (er) dancing/posing Rumba cos I didn't see much either.

Craig as usual spot on with his marking and comments I thought.

Danny really had an 'off' night, he was all over, not composed at all.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 21:48
Thanks Andrew. I haven't watched the show but I might find a clip of Ed

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 21:58
Originally posted by deborah31

You missed Louise and Kevin. - Charleston. I think they got pretty good scores.

I can see how Natalie managed to disguise most of Greg's (er) dancing/posing Rumba cos I didn't see much either.

Craig as usual spot on with his marking and comments I thought.

Danny really had an 'off' night, he was all over, not composed at all.

I missed the start of the show - Louise & Kevin must've been first.

I thought Craig was mostly right with the scores but a little harsh with a few of the couples - contrary to that, the other three were too generous mostly so it balances it out.

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 07:49
Thanks Andrew brilliant as ever.

-------------
Pan

Print Page | Close Window