Forum Discription: fun review of Strictly each week
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36387
Printed Date: 18 Nov 2017 at 17:25

Topic: 8th October - Movie Week
Posted By: Andrew
Subject: 8th October - Movie Week
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 21:22
Is there one of these every year?

I can’t wait to see who’s been stiffed with an embarrassing outfit, like that Crab one Scott Mills had to wear a couple of years back – they’re always the most entertaining thing about ‘Movie Week’.

How long is this opening dance going to go on for - yes, we know - it's Movie Week!

I see Daly has the infamous belt back - spoiling an otherwise glamorous frock.

Right, on with the show - the first couple is Daisy & Aljaz:-
I'm sure he'll be able to do a better cockney accent than Dick Van Dyke did! A Quickstep - I love this dance when it's good, and once they got going it was just that - wait, was it supposed to be a charleston? Either Craig Revel Horwood just said it was or I'm getting old!

Oh get on, do - just get the next couple on!

Anastasica & Brendan:-
I do feel for Anastacia - but if it's true she got a hernia, I'm no medical expert but that must surely stop her from dancing? Nevertheless, she's still here - and though it wasn't great, at least she tried and it was a proper Viennese Whirl - Brenda's makeup, however makes him look more like he's had a significant amount of Botox than a vampire!

Good god, is that Gnasher Hardy in the audience?

Danny & Oti:-
No doubt however they dance they'll be praised to the high skies - ok, ok - he was good - the music helped a lot.

Lesley & Anton:-
Why are she and the Berk doing yoga? I should probably be thankful - hopefully he'll take it up full time and leave this show! Ha, that's the best he's ever looked - well, she can move - and better than some of her younger counterparts - she could be fairly good with a more competent choreographer in the Latin dances.

Will & Karen:-
Yes, it was entertaining - but isn't this supposed to be a Salsa? No doubt the stooges will completely skip past this and praise it to the high skies - wait, Old Pa Goodman does but the others ignore it - colour me surprised!

Those scores seemed way too high!

Naga & Pasha:-
Well she tried, but she just isn't very good - the costume seemed to showcase her mistakes, and looking at the other forums I don't seem to be the only one to find her a bit dull - as harsh as that sounds.

Taxi for Naga!

Judge Robert & Oskana:-
The Charleston - I fear the gurning may be back this week - To our horror, it is! I did enjoy the dance except for that - Judge Robert is competent enough and much more entertaining than most - and the new girl Oskana seems to get the best out of him.

Ore & Joanne:-
I hope there aren't too many more couples - the show seems to have gone on for so long already!
While Ore isn't a great favourite of mine, I loved the music, the choreography and the dancing - my favourite dance so far!

Good scores - well deserved! I'm looking forward to see how the Anti-Clifton army on a certain other forum react.

Laura & Giovanni:-
It was alright, but I liked their Waltz last week better - why are Old Pa Goodman and Bruno commenting about 'raunchiness'? Are they trying to push a showmance? I thought the stooges were far too kind - and how can Bruno give this the same score as Ore and Jo's dance before?

Greg & Natalie:-
Ha - they've covered his backside with a jacket - probably wise! He messed up at the start but apart from that he was good - very good in fact - and it's great to see Natalie with someone good for a change.
Pleasantly surprised at the scores!

Claudia & AJ:-
He's smug and she's not a favourite of mine but I can't deny this was fantastic - great music, great choreography - this deserves some gushing!
Old Pa Goodman's not happy at her getting pie on his desk - you should count yourself lucky it wasn't your face!

Once again, well deserved scores!

Tameka & Aljaz:-
I don't watch 'EastEnders' but if she's the funniest I won't be tuning in anytime soon! She was slightly better this week now she's doing a serious dance - I'm still not enamoured with her and does he ever speak?

Ed & Katya:-
I was distracted during this dance by the wife cackling throughout like the wicked witch of the west - I admit I laughed a bit too. Yes, it wasn't great - but at least he's giving it a good go and I think Katya is an excellent professional - unlike some with duffers have done she doesn't just dance around him.

Louise & Kevin:-
I see she's dragging out the kids - it's a bit early for that, isn't it?
I loved their Viennese Whirl last week and this is good - not quite as good, but still good - and it's the end of the show!

Thanks all for reading - as always, I'll be back later to see who's out.      

Replies:
Posted By: Jakkij
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 21:30
Thanks Andrew entertaining as always

-------------
JJ

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 22:12
Thanks Andrew entertain gas always 👍

-------------
Pan

Posted By: Pandora\'s Box
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 22:14
Darn predicted text should read as always

-------------
Pan

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 14:01
Gnasher Hardy

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Print Page | Close Window