Forum Name: Andrew's Strictly Blog
Forum Discription: fun review of Strictly each week
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36373
Printed Date: 24 Nov 2017 at 18:41

Topic: SCD Blog Week 1 Friday
Posted By: Andrew
Subject: SCD Blog Week 1 Friday
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 22:32
Well here we are again – I apologise in advance if the blog isn’t up to the usual standards – I’m still in a state of shock after reading Karen Hardy was being lined up for the panel next series!

I jest – but if that becomes the case then I’m off – the ghastly sight of her rictus grin every week plus her inherent smugness would be too much to handle!

We're off - but not until there's been a shot of the cast looking miserable! Here comes Daly and Winklepicker - and both actually look very nice. I see they're still doing the judges 'intros' - which shows if the judges could dance once, they most certainly can't anymore!

Laura & Giovanni:-
I wonder if he'll run off with this one?
Ignoring the faffing at the start she was good - very good for a first show in fact - I don't find myself having much to say about her though!

Naga & Pasha:-
Well, her dancing is better than Carol Kirkwood's but that's not much of a compliment - this is as stiff as a starched collar and I'm not struck on her.

Judge Rinder & Oksana (?):-
I hope he sends Daly, Winklepicker, Bruno and Anton to court - I'd definitely vote for him then. Well, it's not great but at least he's making an effort - although he seems to have been reading the Karen Hardy Book of Gurning.

That seems very high!

Lesley & Anton:-
I can't abide her character in 'Birds Of A Feather' but I like her - and her dancing isn't as bad as I would've expected - admittedly, those expectations weren't high. I'm not an Anton fan but at least he can choreograph a proper dance, unlike some.
I'll be taking all this back once she does Latin!

Ore & Joanne:-
I know, I know - I say it all the time - but I just can't stand the faffing and props - and the costumes certainly aren't Tango like, which is brushed past by every judge except for Old Pa Goodman! He certainly can dance though and I think Joanne deserves someone good after getting the abysmal Scott Mills in her last one.

Greg & Natalie:-
Natalie is long due someone who isn't a duffer - but the training looks terrible - wait a minute, he's actually not that bad, if a bit clumsy - as usual, the faffing pi$$ed me off.

That's that then - tomorrow's blog will be a bit later as me and the wife are going out for dinner while the show's on - thank you for reading as always.      

Replies:
Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 22:36
welcome back Andrew 

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 23:18
ANDREW!!! That opening sentence was very naughty

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 07:49
Thank you Andrew. Have a good night out.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Tups
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 22:10
Andrew.. found it   

Print Page | Close Window