Ed & Katya

Replies:
Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 23:57
AS I said elsewhere Neil and Chloe will do pro dances and think some ITT work

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 05:58
Thank you Bren

First thoughts... I'm sorry Lesley got Anton.
It would 've been fun to see her learn to dance with
one of the younger fellas.

Anastacia & Brendan / Laura & Gio are a surprise.
Perhaps the producers want some fireworks / romance.

Glad for Joanne, Natalie & Aljaz. Nice pairings.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Eviesmum
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 07:29
Yay, can't wait it starts

Posted By: katiekins1867
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 07:46
Brendan and Anastasia?! Surely the biggest height mismatch since Ola and Andrew Castle?! Otherwise not too bad I think.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:05
I think the producers giggled the pairings last minute after Gio/Georgia split and put him with Laura for tabloid coverage as height wise think she would have been better with Brendan or Pasha

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:05
Don't really know any of these "celebs" so will have to wait until I see how they dance/get on with their pros. Don't suppose Lesley/Anton will last long but it looks like Kevin might be able to do quite well again with Louise.

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:20
Again it's a mismatch for Brendan, it's a case of deja-vu (thinking Lulu)
I was convinced Kevin would get Lesley, think she's too small for Anton too.
I thought Daisy would go to Aljaz
I didn't know Pasha was still dancing ??
I like Naga, but not a huge fan of Pasha.
Are the older celebs always going to go with Anton (and Brendan) from now on then??

ooh got Will and Karen right.
ok, originally thought Aljaz would get Laura, I think too tall for Gio from what i've seen from photos.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:48
i think Laura a tad too tall for Gio too - would have swapped anastacia and laura myself - think Will is wasted to be honest with Karen think he has ballroom potential and her ballroom is only marginally better than Janette's.

Read an article yesterday re Louise in which she said she wanted a pro dancer she could be comfortable with and she is prepared to work hard - think that is why they opted for Kevin - I know some places say he is due a duffer - but Louise did not deserve Anton :)

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 16:53
Yes wish Laura had Brendan, and Gio Anastacia too. I think Gio was due an older/less chance of winning partner (if you know what I mean).

I did NOT like Louise's dress, I thought it was very unflattering for her, and they could have dressed her much better. Many on social media love it, so maybe just not my taste. To me Wardrobe hated her, and didn't even bother doing anything with her hair either. Hope it improves for her.
I loved Laura's and Naga's (especially).
Hated Daisy's- think she could wear most anything, but for me, the design was wrong, could have been just as revealing styled differently and not just a belt and braces type pattern.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 16:57
Who is Gorka btw????
Paired with Tameka, who seems a bit of a character! (don't know her, but caught her for 10 minutes on loose women a week or two ago, by accident)- She does seem fun

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 17:34
I actually know Gorka as he is a dancer from Burn The Floor and was in a production with one of my pupils - he seems like a nice guy, Spanish and danced latin competitively - not sure about him for show, don't know what his ballroom experience is but he is nice enough and Tameka seems like fun so should be ok partnership

Re Louise's dress (the lilac one on red carpet show) it is a bit long and demure from front but back was low cut and much better think lazy DSI had just not cut fringing on it do not think these dresses are designed to be worn on show - Daisy's for example was Caroline Flacks charleston dress

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 17:42
Gorka dancing

[tube]epFsjyAIoRY[/tube]

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 18:25
oh, ok thanks for the video, still looks quite young to me, but then they all look like they're 20 mostly in my eyes.
Think Tameeka about 40 or so, at least seemed a maturer/confident woman on LW when i saw her, a bit similar to Lisa Riley in character- but only saw her briefly.
BTW Lisa Riley looks totally different these days if anyone seen her recently

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 08:46
Lisa has done incredibly well and looks great body wise though it has totally changed her face, Gorka is around 25 (Gio's age)  - AJ youngest he is 21  - makes me feel old can remember AJ's dad, Adrian,  when he was a teenager causing mayhem at comps - my dad always loved his dancing -  ahhh the memories

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 14:48
I just saw Lisa Riley - I'm shocked!

Most of the pairings seem fine to me - and I knew most of the celebrities (although neither of the soap stars, the presenter Laura or the olympian - I guess that's down to me for not tuning in for the games as much this year however).

Looking forward to joining in the fun again this year!

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 16:08
Hi andrew - trust you will be doing your blog?

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 16:18
Originally posted by Bren

Hi andrew - trust you will be doing your blog?

Hello Bren - Yes - I won't be doing the launch show though.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 20:14
I feel a bit sorry for Lesley J now, as she said she's looking forward to learning Latin!!!- I think she would have learnt more with Kevin, and he hasn't had an 'over 40' yet has he (altho the Eastender's gal was probably late 30's)
Plus I think they would have been very popular.
I'm hoping she's not made into a big joke!!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 20:38
So do I Deb. Lesley would've been perfect for Kevin.
She could've channeled her inner Doreen...

Several of the female celeb pairings just don't fit.
I think the male celebs have been paired up much better.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 14:20
Ian Waite said in the newspaper today that his dream pairs would be
Lesley and anton
Laura and giovanni
Greg and Katya
Daisy and Brendan
Ed and Oksana
Claudia and AJ

Also in the Sun today Georgia saying 'hands off my ex' to Laura

-------------

Posted By: SueM
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 19:27
Is it me or are the new dancers very Latin biased?

-------------
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 19:34
I'm still lost with the new ones (takes me 4 or 5 shows to get them in my head!). The very young boy (AJ?) - has annoyed me for some reason & he's hardly been on the programme so far!

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 21:27
AJ has prob gone home to bed as he was out way past his bedtime!!!!

Still getting to grips with old newbies, so new ones don't stand a chance registering in my brain until prob 2018 at the very least.

How are you doing Maisie? Did you have a good summer?

Glad you're getting out and about again, Bren. My other half's brother died in July. We are both wondering what we did so wrong in our last lives to put up with all this crap so far this year.Sorry about language!

Can't wait for SCD to get up and running. The group looks good this year.

See you all in 3 weeks. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:11
I'm rubbish at remembering the newbies too. I try my best - but I only remember anyone new's name because of looking on here.

The opening of the show was cringeworthy - but I guess TPTB thought it was 'hilarious'.

Great to see everyone back here - looking forward to getting fully involved again when the show starts properly.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:32
I'm ok thanks Sue - nothing too eventful happened over the summer & that's how I like it!!

Can sympathise with all the crap happening at once.

I think it will be a good strictly too Sue - who do you think will be first out? I'm thinking Ed - especially as he's with one of the newbies.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:35
Good to see you back Andrew! How are the neighbours?

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:39
Originally posted by Maisie

Haha - it's been a much quieter year over here, partly because the main offenders have moved away!

I'm sorry to hear it's not been a great year for you Sue - wishing you well.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:46
Originally posted by Andrew

Haha - it's been a much quieter year over here, partly because the main offenders have moved away!

I'm sorry to hear it's not been a great year for you Sue - wishing you well.

Thanks Andrew.Even the dog's wearing a funnel after his op on Thursday. No dodgy neighbours? No BBQs? No paintballing? What on earth are you and Mrs Andrew going to do? Suppose you'll be banned to the spare room with your takeaway if last year is anything to go by. What does TPT thingy mean?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:50
Originally posted by SueM

Thanks Andrew.Even the dog's wearing a funnel after his op on Thursday. No dodgy neighbours? No BBQs? No paintballing? What on earth are you and Mrs Andrew going to do? Suppose you'll be banned to the spare room with your takeaway if last year is anything to go by. What does TPT thingy mean?

I may well be!

It means 'The Powers That Be'.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:52

I'm ok thanks Sue - nothing too eventful happened over the summer & that's how I like it!!

Can sympathise with all the crap happening at once.

I think it will be a good strictly too Sue - who do you think will be first out? I'm thinking Ed - especially as he's with one of the newbies.

Poss Ed as well.Can't believe Lesley 70. Bless her cotton socks. I'm waiting to see what Robert Rinder gets up to. Have to admit to loving his shows.His put downs are classic. Wish I could see him in a real court. A friend of mine who works for the CPS says his money laundering cases were classic.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:56
Originally posted by Andrew

I may well be!

It means 'The Powers That Be'.

You've had all year to turn it in to a brilliant man cave, the envy of all around you. If you haven't, you've got 3 weeks!

Ah, The Powers That Be. My brain must be mush. Ta muchly.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 22:57
Off to watch Marvel film. Been watching it on and off since it started and need to give it my full brainpower - which won't be much!!!

Night all.

See you soon. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 00:45

Is it me or are the new dancers very Latin biased?

4 of them are Sue (welcome back btw - I am ill again another infection hence why I was not here when show was on) Neil and Katya, Gorka and Okasana are known for their latin - AJ and Chloe are the Current British 10 dance youth champs and were 2nd in Europeans - they are good at both

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 09:01
Sounds like I was lucky to miss the start of last evening's programme. The only bit I am ever really bothered about is the final dance to see how the celebs do. I have to say that I thought they all gave it a good shot and I was encouraged. Hopefully it should be a good show if the pros give their partners suitable routines. Ed was the only one I noticed that looked awkward and Louise didn't look great to me, especially at the start. I thought Ore looked as though he had real potential and Tameka should be fun. Looking forward to chatting with you all again when it starts for real at the end of the month.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 09:09
Agree with you salsa re Ed & Louise. Louise is too worried about what everyone thinks of her (especially her children) - hope she relaxes & manages to let go & enjoy it!! Ed was awkward but actually better than I expected

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 15:03
Get well soon Bren. Stay warm and drink plenty of fluids.You didn't miss much last night. All the OTT 'I'm so overcome I'm leaping in the air now I know you're my partner' stuff led me to sit with my bucket!!!!

End dance good.

Same thought as you Maisie. Hope Louise copes ok. Sim to Natasha Kaplinsky who didn't want to do anything or show anything that was outside her comfort zone with job and family. She soon loosened up so hope same happens with Lou. Ed showing a good sense of humour now he's out of politics!

-------------

Posted By: allaboutthedance
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 03:37
Hello everyone, good to be back! Sadly I missed the launch show as the stormy weather here in Ireland killed my sky connection. Anything good happen? Caught the opening space scene. Hope it got better from there! Looks like there's some good pairings and some not so good. I really thought Laura would have gotten Alijaz. Love the new pros, AJ looks fierce cute, helps he's close to my age. Saw some clips on YouTube and wasn't overly impressed with the group dances. Why does wardrobe keep giving the males trousers with pockets? Why can't they wear proper dancing trousers? Some of the female celebs dresses weren't great, louise comes to mind.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 13:32
Hope you get well soon Bren xx

Good to see you back again this year Tara

-------------

Print Page | Close Window