Print Page | Close Window

Bake Off

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum
Forum Name: Television and Film
Forum Discription: What are you watching?
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36358
Printed Date: 21 Oct 2017 at 14:49

Topic: Bake Off
Posted By: Jo Bird
Subject: Bake Off
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 19:06
Is anyone watching the Bake Off?

I didn't used to watch but it's grown on me in the last few years.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Replies:
Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 06:13
The Aussie version is on pay TV here, so I can't watch it. They have shown the British version here before, although several months after it aired in the UK.
We have another show here called Zumbo's Just Desserts. Similar concepts to the Bake off show, but all desserts. Each episode the contestants have to make a dessert of their choice based on a theme Zumbo puts to them. The bottom two contestants then have to replicate a Zumbo original dessert in 3 hours which has the same theme. They've used liquid nitrogen, chocolate tempering and traditional dessert methods with twists.
Adriano Zumbo is a dessert master in Australia. He and Rachel Khoo host the show and judge the desserts. Rachel Khoo seems to do most of the talking.

For the last few weeks they advertised the the Zumbo dessert that defied gravity. It was a floating chocolate hat with a surprise inside the hat. The hat was a nod to Willy Wonka. That episode aired on Tuesday night, ironically the same day that Gene Wilder, the original Willy Wonka died.
Zumbo has Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka tattooed on his arm. In the end it was a wonderful tribute to Gene Wilder.

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 19:19
It sounds really good Margi. I like Rachel Khoo.
She's done some cookery TV over here.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Print Page | Close Window