Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing 2017
Forum Discription: All the news and gossip from the new series of SCD
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36336
Printed Date: 20 Oct 2017 at 13:38

Topic: Which version?
Posted By: 1436bassey1436
Subject: Which version?
Date Posted: 20 July 2016 at 17:28
Can anyone help concerning the music? Anton & Katie's Charleston to Too Darn Hot, anyone know which version the band were playing? According to the BBC Strictly Playlist it was Ella Fitzgerald's but hers is too relaxed for a Charleston.
Also can anyone helping me in tracking down any of the first 4 series?
MUCH MUCH OBLIGED [=D>] [:)]

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 20 July 2016 at 18:11
You need to ask Bren. She'll know

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 20 July 2016 at 23:08
the piece was based on the stage show version from kiss me kate

[tube]IUFsurgNU9M[/tube]

Date Posted: 21 July 2016 at 00:47
full list of all tracks used in strictly can be found here - grouped by how many times used and who used them

http://www.ultimatestrictly.com/songs/ - CLICK HERE

Date Posted: 21 July 2016 at 13:23
cheers for the help Bren I knew what the song was but because it has been covered so many times I couldn't work out which version it was? Knew it wasn't Mel Torme or Buddy Greco or Ella but all I could find was it was from Kiss Me Kate lol I knew that but no idea what version? I even emailed Dave Arch but even he couldn't remember lol

Date Posted: 25 July 2016 at 19:23
As you seem to be the mind of info for songs, here's another one for you, way back in 2010 (Series 8) Matt & Aliona did a brilliant Charleston to 42nd Street but do you know who's version it was?

Date Posted: 25 July 2016 at 20:24
think it is based on the original 1933 Ruby Keeler version and Dave Arch has just modernised it 

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:32
quick one Bren last night's Charleston version of Bare Necessities from Jungle Book didn't sound like the film version? Any idea whose version it was? It sounded a bit more up-tempo than the version we all know    

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 13:01
I think Dave Arch based the bands version on the song from Jungle book 2 and not the original Jungle book

[tube]bTGBg_HdfYk[/tube]

Print Page | Close Window