Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing 2017
Forum Discription: All the news and gossip from the new series of SCD
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36335
Printed Date: 16 Dec 2017 at 17:01

Topic: Brendan vs Anton
Posted By: deborah31
Subject: Brendan vs Anton
Date Posted: 14 July 2016 at 17:13
SCD professionals Anton and Brendan are in a bitter battle to replace departing judge Len Goodman.
The hit BBC's show's 72 year old head judge announced yesterday he was quitting after this year's series, setting up a grudge match between the pair.
Anton 49 believes he has the backing of Lena and former host Sir Bruce Forsyth for the high-profile role.
But Brendan 40, thinks he has the right experience after being a judge on the New Zealand version of the show.
A Strictly source revealed: 'Anton and Brendan have been with Strictly from the start and have been waiting for this opportunity'.
Ladbrokes yesterday made Anton 2/1 favorite to join Bruno, Craig, and Darcy with Kiwi Brendan at 20/1.
A BBC source said 'Everyone knows Anton and Brandan want the job desperately. They're both very knowledgeable and popular with fans.'
Len is set to move to L.A. after taking up a £750k a series offer to return to Dancing with the Stars.
A pal said he prefers the warmer climate of Los Angeles.

Taken from the Sun,.... so must be true.   

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 14 July 2016 at 18:11
I prefer Brendan to Anton as a pro dancer
so in many ways I'd be sorry if he got the job.

Not sure where the best place for Anton is...

I'd let him go as a pro dancer and give him a
slot on ITT plus demos with Jo Clifton.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 14 July 2016 at 21:20
I didn't realise Brendan was 40!
Anton soon to be 50 (if it is correct on Wicky!!)- How much longer can he carry on dancing (i use dancing here in the loose terms, lol )

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 15 July 2016 at 10:37
my Bro is 53 and Anton is at least his age

Neither for me - Brendan is ok but not of high enough dance calibre for me need a judge only one of ex pros on show who is a judge and judges all over the world is Karen

I want someone new to the show with the right credentials

Posted By: littlesue
Date Posted: 17 July 2016 at 20:27
Joanne Clinton in the paper today saying she wants Anton to be the new judge

Date Posted: 18 July 2016 at 10:56
Originally posted by littlesue

Joanne Clinton in the paper today saying she wants Anton to be the new judge

Sadly I think his judging would be on par with his dancing.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window