Topic: Message for Sue
Posted By: Maisie
Subject: Message for Sue
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 14:05
Sue, just wanted to wish you all the best for Thursday xx

Replies:
Posted By: SueM
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 14:34
Thanks Maisie. Your kind thoughts are lovely. Someone will update Blue Room. XXX

-------------
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 07:47
I echo that Maisie... Be in touch as soon as you can SUe.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 14:22
All the best wishes Sue for tomorrow - I am positive everything will go smoothly and you will be back here with us in no time xxx

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 15:02
Thanks Bren. Keeping everything crossed here. Spoken to staff nurse on my ward and he was very positive. Trying to keep mind occupied while resting isn't working. Doing a difficult computer game. Useless!

Awash with raspberry tea. It's lovely. Sleeping a bit better. Have to be honest. Camomile tea for me is ghastly! Mum loves it but hasn't hit me in same way.

I gather I'm first on list tomorrow. 8.30 am. Should be back on ward by midday.

Thank you all again for being there. Sorry for all the drama and negativity. Not usual for me. Just the C word had left me poleaxed.

XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 10:37
Hi everyone. Well here I am one less kidney but cancer free as it was all contained. Will get full results later. Feel woosy and very sore but of I walk around a bit I may be able to go home tomorrow or Sunday
Op took five hours not three but will see how I go.

A big big thank you for all your support. It has helped and meant so much. XXX

-------------

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 11:05
Good to hear you've come out of the op!
Catch up soon.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 14:16
Glad to hear it went to plan - even if it took a wee bit longer than expected! Take care of yourself - I know I'd want home asap but take it easy!

Posted By: Eviesmum
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 19:55
Great news Sue. Xx

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 22:41
Originally posted by SueM

Hi everyone. Well here I am one less kidney but cancer free as it was all contained. Will get full results later. Feel woosy and very sore but of I walk around a bit I may be able to go home tomorrow or Sunday
Op took five hours not three but will see how I go.

A big big thank you for all your support. It has helped and meant so much. XXX

great news Sue - delighted

Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 12:38
Sue, that such good news.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 13:18
Waiting for wheelchair to get me out. Hope pain killers start kicking on soon! XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 18:31
So glad you're back with us Sue. Take it easy xx

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 20:24
Hi all. Sorry not been in touch. Keep needing to sleep. Got a lovely nurse coming in giving me my daily injection and wearing a very fetching pair of anti dvt socks. Still hurts and still no feeling in front and left side of left thigh. As I can wriggle my toes they're not sure what that's about and will have to go back if no better by end of week.

Still upstairs as can't manage to get down yet and been told to stay up here til the weekend at least. Got to do something with bedroom walls when up. Boring or what?!

Ok going back to sleep. Hope everyone ok. How's it going Bren? Are you getting out reg now? XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 20:40
It's amazing how mundane tasks like tidying/painting/decorating suddenly become appealing when you're confined to your bed!!

Good that you're able to sleep, despite the pain. Must be good stuff in that injection!!

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 19:04
Went downstairs today. Quickly came back up as felt bit queezy. Don't think I'll be decorating too soon.

Must have watched every episode of Jeremy Kyle. Makes my probs look like a walk in the park. How can so many people air their dirty laundry in public is beyond me unless it's for the free hotel and even that's pushing it.

Keeping sane with Bargain Hunt. Normality for 45 mins.

Masterchef back so that keeps me quiet for a bit.

What's everyone watching? Managed to get Sky Go on my tablet which adds a few more channels.

Upping sleeping tabs with doc's permission as waking up hourly at moment. Other half taken week off work. He's brilliant. Turned in to a cross between Aggie McKenzie, Nigella and Dr Kildare all rolled in to one!

Love to everyone. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:57
How are you feeling today Sue? Hope you're on the mend.

I like masterchef... Usually watch the friday episode.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 13:11
Feeling better than last week Jo. Starting to look like a pin cushion from all the injections.

Going downstairs later. Poor dog will have to go back in the kitchen as we can't afford to have him jumping up.

Getting in and out of bed better and sleeping better.

Loving Masterchef this year. So many good ones and more women getting thro than usual. Still no one using Pot Noodles or Vesta Chow Mein. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 21:51
Glad to hear you're on the mend Sue.

-------------

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 22:47
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Glad to hear you're on the mend Sue.

yep, glad to have you back with us!!

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 23:56
Thanks Deb.

Staples out. My bravery went beyond all! Only 19 injections to go.

Walked for 15 mins round bedroom this morning. Didn't realise how boring walking was til then. Supposed to do this every day but missed one day which I've been told by nurse is OK as she thinks I'm doing well.

Just waiting for surgeon to let me know if path lab results fine now. Follow up visit 10th May and can't wait til then to find out if it's all gone. Too much spare time on my hands.

On a different subject does anyone know the name of the injunction celeb? Can guess but not too sure. Also feel very sorry for Tess with Vernon allegedly up to his old tricks again.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 07:19

Sue the celeb is really a gay singers husband not sure if he'd be famous otherwise. (think of the most famous British singer you can) He's been around for decades. Thing is I think within their relationship it is ok for them to do this. But they have children so I guess that's why they want to keep it out the press. Imo, if you want to save your children from it, maybe don't do it particularly considering his hubby is known worldwide.

Glad you are on the mend. I found the wait for results worse than my actual op, so totally empathise. X

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 16:07
Glad to hear you're doing well Sue - walking round the same room for 15mins every day would get boring, hope you change your route so you don't wear a path in your carpet!!

The daft thing with the injunction is that the papers here (Scotland) are allowed to publish the story but England & Wales can't even mention the name of the paper that did publish it!! I assume you got it from Eviesmum's clues but if not, think wig, glasses & piano

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 16:24
Think I've got it now. Other half got it from Eviesmum's clues if we're right. Thinking more toupee now than wig but prob barking up wrong tree.

OMG

Victoria Wood's died. Ye gods how many more this year? Cancer. 62. It's been a horrible year so far.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 18:15
Yep, toupee/hairpiece or some even say it might be implants. Totally unrelated - wonder who Kevin will get in this year's strictly - it needs to be a TINY DANCER!!

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 18:35
Walking round landing tomorrow. Can't afford new carpet!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 18:36
You're a naughty woman Maise but I love you! By the way about Kevin. Don't go breaking my/his heart. He deserves only the best!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 21:18
OMG! Prince has died now. What on earth is going on? It's almost weekly now.

-------------

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 12:00
Lovely to learn that your news sounds positive, Sue. Hope you continue to improve as the days go on.

Date Posted: 09 May 2016 at 06:43
Hope things are going well recovery wise Sue.

Date Posted: 09 May 2016 at 16:43
Hi flower. I'm getting there. Stairs at home still feel a bit like Mount Everest at times! As it was key hole I've three wounds. Two have healed well and the smallest refuses to totally heal so nurse has put an iodine patch under dressing. Seems to be working.

Back in tomorrow at half four to see consultant. I have left 3 messages with his secretary asking for histology results. She said they were back but he'd left a message saying he'd go through them with me on the 10th! Obviously he's never had to wait for these sort of answers privately. My BP through the roof again!

So glad to take DVT socks off! So glamorous words fail me. Can't get used to not bending down, not lifting anything heavy, not carrying anything heavy etc. Amazing how much you automatically do without thinking. Even the dog has been picking up anything I've dropped, bless him.

Left thigh still numb on top and down left outer side. He said he'll look at that tomorrow. Bit worrying as he thought it would come back by now. Tried rubbing gel in but no go.

Did you watch Masterchef? Thoroughly enjoyed it this year and good to see SCD getting their BAFTA last night. What do you think of Whittingdale's attempts to stifle BBC? I think he"s totally overstepping mark but there you go.

Have a good week and thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:19
Hi Sue and all - glad to see you are on the mend - I have been laid low for a few weeks with a virus but on the mend :))

laughing at all the hints over the celeb which I have known for a while too - the other celeb in the papers (who carried on with Helen Woods) trying to think of clues for him :)  erm  tv series that was a huge hit here and in the states and a film about  a bear

Date Posted: 10 May 2016 at 18:54
Hi all. Just got all clear. Blubbering to high heaven here. It's all out and remaining kidney fine. It was a Stage 3 and two tumours in one kidney. Gather that's unusual as normally one in each, so thank goodness I'm different. Knew it would come in useful.

Thank you all for your concern and for beng there. Sorry I was such a whoos. Normally in control. This was a curveball I didn't see coming.

Love to everyone. Get well soon Bren. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:00
great news

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 11:26
Originally posted by Bren

Hi Sue and all - glad to see you are on the mend - I have been laid low for a few weeks with a virus but on the mend :))laughing at all the hints over the celeb which I have known for a while too - the other celeb in the papers (who carried on with Helen Woods) trying to think of clues for him :)  erm  tv series that was a huge hit here and in the states and a film about  a bear

I'm useless with these clues! Can't be Grizzly Adams. I'm now thinking Rupert, Paddington or Winnie the Pooh. Am I totally useless or can I still blame anaesthetic?

Maisie, if you're out there.....help!

Is there a simpler clue Bren?

Just tell me I'm hopeless.......I can take it! XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 11:39
MY CLUES not good sue ha ha

TV series think stately homes :)
the bear has a connection to train station

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 11:45
I actually said a name to my other half who is working from home today and we both said no way! I do hope it's downstairs and not the person upstairs who voiced a role in a lovely London station! What on earth are these celebs thinking of?

Your clues were obviously fine. Mea culpa. Sorry!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 12:14
def upstairs Sue

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 12:27
Oh dear. I was right the first time but didn't want to be.

Ozzy's been playing away supposedly and Sharon said enough is enough. It's all happening.

So glad it wasn't Winnie the Pooh linked. Eeyore and I go back years!!!!

Have a good weekend flower. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 14:40
Hi Sue - fantastic news!!

Re the mystery celeb, my husband has just told me who it is. I don't watch the stately home programme, so he's someone I'm not very familiar with!

Ozzy on the other hand, love him - thankfully I can't see the Strictly singers ever having to do a Black Sabbath number as I'm a big fan & they'd murder it!!

Get well soon Bren.

Not been on much as we have a new puppy & he's keeping us on our toes (sleeping at the moment!!)

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 15:01
He's splashed on the cover of one of our Aussie magazines here. No secret here.

Fantastic news about your health Sue.

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 15:09
He was also in an episode of Dr Who (David Tennant version) before he went to the big house.

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 16:14
Thanks Maisie and Margi.

A new puppy. You lucky thing. What breed is he/her?

Am I right in saying he was in a comedy on beeb 2?

-------------

Posted By: salsa-addict
Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 16:55
Fantastic news Sue! That's made my day.

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 21:56
Thanks SA. You've all been so supportive. As for putting up with my constant negativity.....wish I could take you all out for lunch in a few months time. You all deserve it.

I'm still blubbering. When will it stop? Think shock just catching up with me or I'm overdosing om raspberry tea! Not every day you get told if your GP hadn't pushed tests and left it you'd be dead in two years. It's the no symptoms and secret state of this particular C I haven't got to grips with. Hope that makes sense. It was only found by accident and was being treated as IBS.

Don't panic. I'll be back to my normal self soon. XXX

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2016 at 18:17
So happy to hear your news Sue

-------------

Posted By: littlesue
Date Posted: 04 July 2016 at 21:21
Just catching up from last year, sorry to hear about your cancer Sue, glad its been treated and you now on the mend xx

Print Page | Close Window