Forum Discription: All the news and gossip from the new series of SCD
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36313
Printed Date: 23 Nov 2017 at 22:17

Topic: Where has Brucie gone??
Posted By: deborah31
Subject: Where has Brucie gone??
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 21:05
Has anyone heard anything of Sir Bruce?
It's all gone very very quiet, not much of a peep out of him when Sir Terry's death was announced, and he's the type of person never to miss an opportunity on TV whatever the reason.

Must be more seriously ill than he's letting on , me thinks.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Replies:
Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 12:08
Looks like you were right Deborah - had life saving heart surgery after his fall at home & has been recovering in the UK rather than his usual winter abroad.

Posted By: SueM
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 20:06
Bless him. Didn't know. Good luck to him and all our love. It seems to be one celeb after another now. Paul Daniels, Denise Robertson this past week as well as all the others....this year has been awful.

-------------
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 20:08
Meant to ask. how are you Maisie? This site is as dead as a dodo in the winter. Glad you're still there. XX

-------------

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 22:21
must be bad, if he didn't make the carribbean.
I had a friend/colleague- Roderick, or 'Ro' (long deceased, died suddenly age 38 ) from the carribean (curacao) he said he would always make the plane once he booked it, even if they carried him on (in whatever.. )

edit
back to Sir Brucie, -risky op for a man his age, hope it doesn't lead into a decline/dementia etc...(or even worse a slow decline)

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: Maisie
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 14:10
Good thanks Sue - nice day today, so hopefully spring is on the way!! How are you? Hadn't heard about Denise, the poor soul - can't believe she's 83.
I know Deborah, that's the worry with even routine ops at his age.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 14:31
Still having tests Maisie. More tomorrow. Don't think there's an area that hasn't been prodded. poked or reviewed!!!Keeping all crossed. Sunshine today so that makes you feel better straightaway. I'm not a winter person. Spring and Autumn for me.

Agree about Brucie Deb. The older you get the longer it takes to get over an op.

Denise lovely. 83 and still working, and looking as good as she does is a testament to her.She has had a difficult time. 1st hubby died of cancer, second a heart attack and son cancer. Good grief what does one person have to go through? Now her.

Have a good rest of week. I keep looking in to BR but not a lot happening! XXX

-------------

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 01:22
hi girls - yes Sue first few months very quiet - I hear on my grapevine we should have news re pros april/may and papers are reporting all 4 judges will be back again new season

sad news re Denise - hope Brucie makes swift recovery

Print Page | Close Window