Print Page | Close Window

Grease Live

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum
Forum Name: Television and Film
Forum Discription: What are you watching?
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36310
Printed Date: 20 Oct 2017 at 06:15

Topic: Grease Live
Posted By: MargiABC
Subject: Grease Live
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 00:57
Has Grease Live aired in the UK or is going to be aired? It was shown in the US on Sunday night and it's on in Australia tonight. It was filmed in front of a live audience on 2 sound stages. Apparently it goes for 3 hours. Julianne Hough from the U.S. DWTS plays Sandy. A reviewer on the radio this morning said to look out for Grease Lightning as Eve Plumb (Jan from the Brady Bunch) is in that scene.
Apparently it rated very well in the US and this is not the first production to be given this treatment in the US. Others included The Wiz and I can't remember the other productions that the reviewer said were done.

Replies:
Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 12:48
I just watched Grease Live. It was fantastic. Two original movie cast members have cameos in it. Jessie J opens the show singing Grease is the Word, on the set, backstage, through the dressing rooms and to the outdoor areas where most of the audience is situated. The audience is moved indoors for some scenes. I can see why it rated so highly in America. I would be interested to find out how it rated here.

Print Page | Close Window