Forum Name: Strictly Frocks
Forum Discription: The good, the bad & the Nancy
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36275
Printed Date: 20 Nov 2017 at 21:15

Topic: An apology
Posted By: Thess
Subject: An apology
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 09:43
Folks I must apologise for the total lack of frock spot this year. 

In October my husband finally agreed to speak to his GP about a number of symptoms that he has had for a while. The diagnosis is Parkinsons Disease and we have both been trying to come to terms with this and what the future might hold.  To say that I haven't felt the love for the sparkly stuff this year is an understatement.

My Husband always worried that, having given up dancing for him, I would one day feel resentful towards him for that.  He even gets twitchy if he see's me looking at old dancing clips on You Tube, so I haven't been watching this year because now more than ever, this will worry him to the point of paranoia. 

This isn't a pity post and I'm not a saint, I am struggling with the certainty that I will become his full time carer one day and I find myself feeling resentful towards the dancing world and the alternative life I could have had, had I not left it.  I'm sure these feelings will go away, but I'm having a hard enough time coming to terms with my own feelings about the path we are heading down, without having to soothe Hubby's anxieties about my love for dancing.  I do still love it, and would hate to lose that. I even hope to return to a dance class one day, but that's a long way off. 

I have had a great time in the Blue Room. It's by far the best place to discuss Strictly and eveyone here is lovely, which is why I have posted this.  I don't normally speak about private things in public places, however I thought you deserved to know the reason for my absence.

Enjoy the final and the Christmas special. Happy Christmas to you all and I hope you all have a wonderful 2016.

Thess - over and out x

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 12:03
I'm so sorry Thess. Completely understand. Best wishes to you and your husband xx

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 14:04
Oh Thess - I'm really sorry to hear that. As Jo said, best wishes.

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 18:00
aww no need to apologise J - I knew things may be difficult for you  - Am sending you my best wishes and hope things improve for you in the New Year - will keep in contact via FB  Brenxxx

Posted By: Eviesmum
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 20:57
Aww thess, I did wonder why there was no posts this year.

We totally understand so there is no need to apologise.

Best wishes to you and your husband.

Print Page | Close Window