Print Page | Close Window

News today

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: General
Forum Name: News and Views
Forum Discription: The stories you really want to hear, as they happen .
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36143
Printed Date: 23 Nov 2017 at 00:02

Topic: News today
Posted By: moonshine
Subject: News today
Date Posted: 30 June 2015 at 11:53
Having switched on the tv this morning and wondered into the kitchen to get a drink while i had a break from the heat the first thing i heard.

"TWO POLICE OFFICERS SHOT INSIDE THEIR POLICE CAR AND THE GUN MEN RAN INTO THE TUBE STATION"

My brain took it all in i rushed back in to the room and looked at the tv thinking somewhere there was another attack only to to find sky news was covering a terror excersise  and it did have a big banner underneath told us that  but for a second my thoughts were for the people caught  up in it.

While i think its a good idea that people are trained in this bit do we really need to be shown this on the tv there  let them get on with their work with out the glare of the cameras   and the worlds gaze on them...Just report that thats what happening dont tell us the ins and out of it

we only need to know that when it happens for real...besides there are some people who believe every thing on tv is real take for ecample  " free the weather field one" even questions at pm question time...so there are some people walking aeound to day how ever small frightened because some place in the country is under attack .

Also  does it not show the ones that are  looking to do damage here will see where the emergency services will be roughtly consentrated  and go after them to

Well thats my thoughts

-------------
moonshine

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 30 June 2015 at 21:55
Agree with you moonshine.

Anti terror drills should be done in secret.
Otherwise terrorists will know what to expect.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 21 July 2015 at 16:45
all it needs is for the press to butt out and let them get on with it - the press is far to obtrusive these days

Print Page | Close Window