Print Page | Close Window

Back In Time...

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum
Forum Name: Television and Film
Forum Discription: What are you watching?
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36133
Printed Date: 11 Dec 2017 at 07:48

Topic: Back In Time...
Posted By: Jo Bird
Subject: Back In Time...
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 21:27
Is anyone else watching Back In Time for Dinner?

I enjoyed it. Chuckled over the tin opener

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Replies:
Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 14:26
caught up with this this week, interesting, to see how little sweets/sugar was around. We never had sweets/biscuits or chocolate or any deserts ever in the house in the 60's or 70's. I used to go to the corner shop for treats only when I used to visit an aunt and uncle . Funnily enough my mother went back to work in the late 50's and early 60's before I came along(then she had to give it up again)as an older mother, how annoying must that of been, just when she had got some freedom again. Was probably a godsend when cans, and frozen food came along, I remember we had a fridge from the mid 60's onwards (nobody enjoyed /likes cooking in my family- sister to this day, still lives on salads and tinned soups!!- why she has always been underweight possibly!- notlike me!!)

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 21:56
It is interesting isn't it...

Into the 70's now I can remember a few things
like chip pans and loud wallpaper/carpets.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Print Page | Close Window