Print Page | Close Window

Vale Robin Williams

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: General
Forum Name: News and Views
Forum Discription: The stories you really want to hear, as they happen .
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35839
Printed Date: 19 Nov 2017 at 13:55

Topic: Vale Robin Williams
Posted By: MargiABC
Subject: Vale Robin Williams
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 07:30
I was saddened to hear of the death of Robin Williams, a true comic genius and great actor. I read the tribute by President Obama in an official White House statement, which summed up how many felt about him.

Replies:
Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 13:37
yes very sad,
He was always very upbeat, personable, and very entertaining, always uplifting in anything he was in.
I always thought as such a 'manic' type personality, ie non-stop very quick, ever funny person, he must of had quite a bit of 'down 'time too,the opposite of his stage persona. I imagine in his personal life, he could of been a quiet unassuming person, very humble , I have no idea about this , but he always seemed to me to have some vulnerability about him too.

What a great talent anyway, he will be greatly missed by family , especially his children, friends and his huge world audience no doubt.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 13:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

very strong language, but very funny, such a comedy genius imo , he got away with saying alot of stuff in jest, that couldn't of been said otherwise. I especially like this as it takes the p*ss out of the stuffiness of golf!

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 14:39
I loved him one of my fave comic actors of all time - such a shame he has been dogged with severe depression most of his adult  a truly mis understood illness

His friends who have spoken of him all speak of his kindness - I remember him talking of his friendship with Christopher Reeve and shrugging off praise for helping him in his last years - they were close friends and made a pact that they would look out for each other in their last days if needed - Robin helped out with his medical expenses until he died and later with Christopher's wife - indeed a kind man

Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 16:30
Several TV channels here over the weekend played various movies and TV shows Robin Williams was in as a tribute to him instead of their advertised programming. It was a real treat to watch the Happy Days episode where Mork from Ork first appeared and then followed up by several episodes of Mork and Mindy. I remember watching it the first time it aired here in the late 1970s. The movies they showed included Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting and The Birdcage.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 17:48
they had a special option last week too here on 'SKY'
Robin Williams selection.
I tried to watch Dead Poet's Soc. but gave up after about half an hour.
Have got GMV, uploaded, ready to watch again,
but haven't seen the birdcage anywhere (can't remember if i've seen that or not)
As far as I'm aware tho, no Mork and Mindy showings, or Happy Day's Appearance.
BTW read in the news today here, his funeral took place quietly the day after he died, just his close friends and family.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window