Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Discription: Mindless banter and chit-chat
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35713
Printed Date: 22 Oct 2017 at 20:14

Topic: Tennis
Posted By: Toots
Subject: Tennis
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 09:06
I've not had much chance to watch the Oz championship, but I'm watching the final as I type. I know Roger badly needs a win as he claws back up the rankings and I have no doubt that this year he will be back in the top 3 but for now....  C'mon Rafa!

-------------
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 13:22
Hey Toots. Great win for Rafa

Didn't Murray do well to make QF's so soon after surgery?
Hope he gets back to his best in time for Wimbledon.

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 15:08
Yes he did Jo, and coped really well with the heat so shows he's as fit as a flea. Fingers crossed he'll be injury free for Wimbledon. I don't think Rafa  will play much more on grass.

-------------
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 00:07
You may be right Toots. Grass not good for his knees is it...
Gives Murray a better chance of defending his title

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 14:33
No, it's a shame but his game on grass is awfully bad for his knees.  I fear though, that Novak and Roger will be breathing hard down Andy's neck this Wimbledon. Mind you, all the top 5 at the moment will need watching.  It's not going to be an easy journey for Andy, but will make for some breath taking tennis. I predict we will be exhausted Jo, by half way through week 2.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 07:47
We will be Toots

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 14:24
Cracking final and a worthy winner in Australia. Bad luck Rafa

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 07:57
GB are 2-0 up in Davis Cup. Well done Murray and Ward.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 09:01
Back atcher Jo. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 09:19
Fleming and Inglot (?) lose the doubles. Where's Ross Hutchins?

-------------

Posted By: thengp12
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 22:20
Murray beats Querry
7-6 (7-5) 6-7 (3-7) 6-1 6-3

In the QF of the Davies Cup

-------------
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 08:54
Great result

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 14:00
Oooo I'm so excited.DanceApplause

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 18:31
Ono. Bad news. Murray and Lendl have split.
How is Murray going to fare without him?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2014 at 18:24
Is anyone watching the French Open? A win for Murray today

-------------

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 28 May 2014 at 13:22
sorry , not a tennis watcher , although my kids both play (just always drop them, never watched them either) we also played a bit of doubles in our time.
I have no idea what tournaments are when apart from Aussie open, and Wimbledon sometime in the summer invariably rained on.
Coming on our TV soon will be the world cup tho! (in addition to the grand-prix (s)golf and all the cricket always on.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Print Page | Close Window