Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing 2011
Forum Discription: Tripping the light fantastic
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34518
Printed Date: 20 Oct 2017 at 17:18

Topic: I think I must be getting old.
Posted By: Toots
Subject: I think I must be getting old.
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 08:32
Strictly starts in a few weeks and this year, it seems to have come around much quicker... not that I'm grumbling mindWink

-------------
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened

Replies:
Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 09:42
Yes, it has come around quick!

Was just musing the other day, while watching Great British Bake Off, that I would quite like to see Paul Hollywood on Strictly.  I checked his twitter feed and lo ... he follows Brendan and Arlene!! He's probably a fan of the show is all, but it did raise my hopes!

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 13:34
You're not old Toots. There's a lady down my road who's 107!
I can't wait for Strictly... Anyone know when the launch show is?

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 08:50
I absolutely LOVE Strictly. Last year I supported Chelsee.  HEY THESS... Tweet him and suggest it

-------------
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened

Posted By: littlesue
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 14:15
Is it about September the 15th it starts?? it has come around quickly.  Looking forward to it

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 20:59
Article in todays' Daily Mail says launch show is ~Sept 15th and first live show October 5th.

Also says Jerry Hall has signed up. Which pro dancer is tall enough for her then ...

Victoria Pendleton and Steve Redgrave are also tipped to be taking part. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2192143/From-catwalk-dancefloor-Jerry-Hall-set-star-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2192143/From-catwalk-dancefloor-Jerry-Hall-set-star-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 20:59
Originally posted by Toots

I absolutely LOVE Strictly. Last year I supported Chelsee.  HEY THESS... Tweet him and suggest it

I might just do that Toots!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 21:33
Thanks Thess have ringed the dates in my diary

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 06:45
Originally posted by Thess

Article in todays' Daily Mail says launch show is ~Sept 15th and first live show October 5th.

Also says Jerry Hall has signed up. Which pro dancer is tall enough for her then ...

Victoria Pendleton and Steve Redgrave are also tipped to be taking part. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2192143/From-catwalk-dancefloor-Jerry-Hall-set-star-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2192143/From-catwalk-dancefloor-Jerry-Hall-set-star-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

Brandon about the tallest now, Ian Waite would have been ideal

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 07:47
I think Ian is one of the most elegant men I have ever seen... shame he's on the other bus and I'm 40 years too old!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 13:53
Originally posted by Toots

I think Ian is one of the most elegant men I have ever seen... shame he's on the other bus and I'm 40 years too old!

Lol!! 'on the other bus', never heard that expression beforeClap

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 18:40
haven't heard of that either
now 'batting for the other team' i well know!!!!!

I heard Chris Evans this morning talking to a 'slimmed down'?? it was remarked (has he been practising??) Paul Hollywood, who would neither deny, or confirm he was participating in SCD?????
I have no clue who he is, something to do with Mary Berry, who I believe bakes??? (so i gather from the interview)- being allergic to cooking and kitchens most of the time!!!! LOL
and not a 'sweet' person, preferring savoury stuff too.
So looks like he could be in it then??

right off my roast dinner, cooked by my lovely hubby!!!! (only two small roasts for me tho)

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 23:48
Asked him via Twitter - no response.

For those who don't know him, here's a pic ...

-------------

Posted By: jamesfly
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 09:58
I definitely LOVE Totally. Last season I reinforced Chelsee.  HEY THESS... Twitter him and recommend it .

-------------
james anderson

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 10:11
ok, so not a young un then?? Paul Hollywood looks about 50, so may last a few weeks, but if he's off the cakes.... who knows!!Wink

Where are the young 6 pack Harry Judds this year then?? or the Robbie Savages??? need some young sexy ones, to ogle!!, LOL (becoming more like Arlene every day here!!)

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 15:51

Just what I was thinking Deb... I hope there's some young ones Tongue

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 15:58
Pasha for me girls... Have him washed and sent to my tentLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 21:01
I'd say Pasha was 'on the wrong bus' toBig%20smile I suppose the Westlife boy will be 'eye candy' this year, although he does nothing for meCry

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 21:05
My gaydar not very good, but I'd say Pasha is on the right bus!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 21:50
Maybe Toots can find out when she locks him in her tentTongue

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 08:13
I'll do me best Sue!

-------------

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:59
def wrong bus imo

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 14:32
I'd say it was a 'dead cert'

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 14:51
I'm not so sure... He came across as an older brother figure to Chelsea
but that may be because she was young and lacked confidence.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 17:23
That's what I thought too Jo. We'll keep an eye on him this year, and vote each week on where the gaydar pointer should be.Big%20smileBig%20smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window