Forum Name: Dancing On Ice 2012
Forum Discription: All the news and goss from DOI
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34108
Printed Date: 19 Nov 2017 at 17:49

Topic: Thank God its over
Posted By: Toots
Subject: Thank God its over
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 11:43
T&D dragged it behind them to the finish like a dead albatross. From reading other forums and talking to people, I'm not the only one who didn't watch the final and got the results (predictable) from the internet.

This used to be such a great show, and as more non skaters than skaters  watched it, it was a credit to the production team. It's stale now and well past its best. T&D aren't as young as they were and should give other skaters a chance to showcase.  I hope the show gets a good shake up and make over for next year. I'll watch the first program and if it is the same old same old then it will be a quick channel change.

Replies:
Posted By: Jo Bird
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 12:50
I love DOI so I'll always watch the show but there's definitely room for improvement.
Fewer celebs, shorter shows and more input from the pros would really freshen it up Big%20smile 

-------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted By: Eviesmum
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 14:03
Originally posted by Jo Bird

I love DOI so I'll always watch the show but there's definitely room for improvement.
Fewer celebs, shorter shows and more input from the pros would really freshen it up Big%20smile 

I agree, I'm glad they got rid of the flying this year though.

I actually watched the final on lapse because I was so bloody sick of all the adverts. 

Posted By: moonshine
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 18:35
tried to watch the final
managed to watch about four mins then digital tv went down and played up for a about aweek and we were without most stations for about a week so have just caught up with who won

-------------
moonshine

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 21:24
I did have just about every episode on but to be honest I pissed about on twitter instead of watching. I used to love it but I'm not interested anymore.

-------------

Posted By: Jonnyboy
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 09:05
i think with all of these reality shows the format gets old and predictable very fast. Mainly because we have so many different shows on using the same formats.

There is a place for each show, but they need to refresh teh format as many times as possible.

Print Page | Close Window