Forum Name: Dancing On Ice 2012
Forum Discription: All the news and goss from DOI
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34073
Printed Date: 22 Nov 2017 at 07:19

Topic: Not going to watch the final
Posted By: Toots
Subject: Not going to watch the final
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 07:04
We just can't be bothered to see the same old, same old. Usually we just watch the results but can't  work up any enthusiasm for that this year. Good luck to the 3 of them. Unless  Mr Dean can be pursuaded to make radical changes to next year they will have lost another 2 viewers.

Replies:
Posted By: Eviesmum
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 08:00
That's a shame, I think the final might be good what with the right 3 being there (although I'm getting a bit bored of the bolero and I hate the flying routines).

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:01
no flying thisi year they are skating their fave routine and one they devise themselves

Matt is doing Singing In The Rain
Jorgie is doing Fame
Chico is doing Fonz and skating to Happy Days

Posted By: BambionIce
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:31
I'm sorry you won't be watching, Toots - and bloomin' relieved to hear the flying's been ditched this year, Bren! I hate  skating routines that don't actually involve one partner skating at all.  The idea of them devising a routine themselves is welcome too.

There's a lot I've liked about this series (particularly the domination of the juding panel by skaters, even if Louie's look-at-me-I'm-really-camp-aren't-I act gets on me wick) and the final three are probably the strongest trio we've ever had.

I agree more changes are necessary for next year, letting the pros shine more, limiting Chris's choreographic input and bringing in P-lister celebs instead of the Z-listers who've cluttered up this series, but still... there's not much else I want to watch on a Sunday night!

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 17:49
I won't be watching it live, but want to watch Chico, not interested in the other 2 really , not a journey for either of them imo.
I certainly will not be watching any bolero in any shape or form.

I'll stay off here, as will watch him later Sunday evening, or Monday, I'm really enjoying Upstairs Downstairs, so prefer to see that first.

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 12:27
according to the Sunday Mirror's Kevin O'sullivan, it's gonna be a Bland Final anyway, as it's definitely won't be  'Chico Time' !- thought this was a bit funny actually- even tho Chico has been my fav all the way thru.  It's definitely my thoughts too.

"Minor drum roll...­tonight’s the night! Yes, it’s the thrilling moment we’ve all not particularly been waiting for... the final of Dancing On Ice.

And the really exciting thing is this is the first show of the entire three-month series when the result is hard to call.

It won’t be Chico’s time. Ever.

But as for the close ­battle between superior celebrity skaters Jorgie Porter and Matt ­Wolf­enden… who knows? Or cares?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/lifestyle-opinion/kevin-o-sullivan/its-the-not-so-thrilling-final-of-dancing-on-ice-771671 - http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/lifestyle-opinion/kevin-o-sullivan/its-the-not-so-thrilling-final-of-dancing-on-ice-771671

NOW , Off into the sunshine for the day, !!!!!!! at last the evenings are lighter,  enjoy it everyone, see you next year for DOI !!!....maybe..

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Print Page | Close Window