Topic: DOI March 11 Prop Week
Posted By: Bren
Subject: DOI March 11 Prop Week
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:13
Hi Guys

Replies:
Posted By: killersbee
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:15
Evening all, props night has begun and it's like a bit of a circus as well, I knew Strictly would find it's way to DOI...

-------------
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"

Posted By: BambionIce
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:16
Evening! Props and a theme... why am I not expecting to really enjoy this week?Roll%20Eyes

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:18
think they have sewn Jorgie up this week only one prop and dodgy theme think they are really pushing Dan and Jen to save her against Chemmy

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:22
Cant take to Chemmy dont really know why

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:24
She's a good skater and her performance side does seem to have improved, but oh, those props detract from everything! Robin, 9 is OTT, you're alienating people from a competitor who doesn't have public support being with!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:25
Robin is an old friend of Chemmy's

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:26
I'm afraid it's showing, Bren - and you're obviously in the majority, not taking to her. 

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:28
there is pics of them from years ago at the winter olympics - 9 is OTT he has not left himself much room to manouver

Posted By: Riley Alvis Cooper
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:31
Delightful routine from Chemmy and Sean.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:37
I need to visit spec savers - 9 for that

Posted By: Eviesmum
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:37
I enjoyed the routine from Chemmy.

Loved the one from Jodeyne and Chico.

Not really enjoying the loads of props though - 1 or 2 would be better.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:39
The performance was very good, the skating was fine, but all the faffing is getting up my nose.

As for the scores - they couldn't give less than they'd given Chemmy - 9.5 minmum for Mat and Jorgie do you reckon?

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:41
Originally posted by BambionIce

The performance was very good, the skating was fine, but all the faffing is getting up my nose.

As for the scores - they couldn't give less than they'd given Chemmy - 9.5 minmum for Mat and Jorgie do you reckon?

knowing this lot deff for Matt Wolfenden and they seem to be pushing Jen and Dan - bit worried for Jorgie she has a crap prop similar to when they gave Ray and unweighted hat to throw

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:44
Originally posted by Bren

knowing this lot deff for Matt Wolfenden and they seem to be pushing Jen and Dan - bit worried for Jorgie she has a crap prop similar to when they gave Ray and unweight hat to throw
On the evidence of the first two routines a single prop will be a definite advantage in my eyes, but I'm concerned for her too, Bren - there's always too much politicking from production teams wanting the "right" people to get through, and some viewers may be bedazzled by the sheer number of junk items on the rink for the others.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:45
oh yeah Jen on near the end def being pushed

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:46
Jen and Matt last two def pushing Jen and Dan

Posted By: Tups
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:48
Evenin all

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:49
hiya Tups

Gorgeous routine from Jorgie.  Harder prop IMO.

OMFG THEY HAVE STICHED HER UP

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:50
Absolute crock of poop Louie.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:51
Louie you are an utter prawn! The girl skated beautifully and and it's hardly her fault if it was "all about the ribbon".  Totally stitched up, and I will vote for her out of sheer bloodymindedness!Arse

wow.. what a fantastic routine!!!.. way to go Jorgie and Matt!

Woah!!!

-------------
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."

She's only doing the routine she's given.  Blame T&D

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:52
what the hell????????????

terrible score!

come on public get rid of Jen and Chemmy who DOI are tying to protect

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:54
I am actually going to vote tonite.. I don't normally.. but they need all the votes they can get!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:54

Jorgie may now get a sympathy backlash - she certainly will in this house! Louie getting called a lot of very rude names in the Bambi establishment.

Posted By: Alex
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:55
blimey Bren, you were right you said all week, Jorgie had the tough prop

-------------
http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=280 - Big Brother 11

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:56
Well at least Jorgie will get the sympathy vote instead of Jennifer now.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:56
Oh I hope ITV's plans go wrong and its a Chemmy vs Jen skate off otherwise Jorgie will be done for

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:58
In which case Bren, I will not watch the final.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 19:59
would be so unfair for Chemmy or Jen to make last 4 over her

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:00
LOL @ Matthew.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:03

In which case Bren, I will not watch the final.

nor me!!!!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:04
Very good, but would've been better with 2 less props.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:07
I enjoyed that from Matt and yep agree best so far tonight, but over propage again

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:07
Louie.. SHUT YER GOB!!!!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:09
The public are not stupid...they'll see through this and put Jennifer in the skate-off, not bothered who else'll be there.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:10
I really hope it backfires Jorgie I tink will be bottom much easier to be safe if you are at the bottome so therefore hoping it is a ~Chemmy or Jen skate off if it is Jorgie against Chemmy or Jen these tossers would send her home

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:13
I'm not sure whether their VTs go on longer than anyone else's or it just feels interminable to me.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:13
using that kid for publicity again

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:15
2 props where she doesn't really have to skate

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:16
good prop use (but such agood theme) but skating wasnt miuch

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:16
Just not a fan and I can't even place why.  She doesn't skate that well compared to Jorgie.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:18
was a clever routine Eviesmum so many props and the theme they got away with hardly any skating 

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:19
It's all flim-flam and precious little proper skating.  I think that's why I enjoyed Jorgie's routine best tonight - a definite lack of flummery.

I'll agree Jen has improved from the first few weeks, but she's still weak for this stage of the competition.  And the more she's pushed by ITV, T&D, the judges and  Uncle Tom Cobbley and all, the more it backfires with me.

Louie, I disagree with every word you said (before I stopped listening)Fight

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:19
So it's the return of the props and only five stars left:

Chemmy & Sean - Oh WOW! Now that's how to have fun with magicians, they were brilliant at the tricks and the skating's gone up a notch, brilliant start! = 9/10

Chico & Jodeyne - Chico is working harder and he is getting stronger every week and tonight he raised his game yet again, I thoroughly loved that performance, hats off to Chico! = 9/10

Jorgie & Matt - That was a very effective story with a great usage of the ribbon but that was it, she didn't do much during that, I'm a little disappointed in Jorgie. = 8/10

Matthew & Nina - A wild routine for sure being the lion-tamer, I was about to say close to perfection until he didn't gain more speed so I have to mark him down, top notch from him, though. = 9/10

Jennifer & Daniel - What a delightful performance from, great storytelling, loved the imagination with the props, however is lacked skating ability and I'm afraid it's time for her to go. = 8/10

Skate-off should be Jennifer and either Chico or Chemmy...it will NOT be Jorgie and Matt's fanbase will see to that.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:22
have started voting!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:24
I never vote but I am tonight

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:25
What's Jorgie's number.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:27
09016 161003

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:29
Thanks Bren.

Posted By: Toots
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:38
At the risk of upsetting EVERYONE may I just say that hubby and I really enjoyed Jennifer's performance tonight?

Chemmy was our favourite, didn't agree with Louie's score for Jorgie and were a bit disappointed with Chico's routine. He Chemmy and Jorgie are our favourites too.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:41
I thought I was the only one supporting Chemmy, I really must be in the minority this Series.

-------------

Posted By: Skifan
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:45
Absolutely seething for Jorgie and Matt (Evers) - they were definitely stitched up this week.

I hope the sympathy vote does kick in - if they end up in the skate off, they are done for.

I have certainly put some extra votes in....

Posted By: Toots
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:46
Originally posted by killersbee

I thought I was the only one supporting Chemmy, I really must be in the minority this Series.

No Killers you are not alone, there's quite a few of us out there but we keep our heads down.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:54
I really like her too Killers.

Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:55
I'm really enjoying  Chemmy too, what has the GBP got against her??

and, (really going against it here)
I agree with LOUIS!!! shock horror, yes sorry IT WAS BORING, imo Mr. Dean, (didn't he get upset!!) how dare anyone question him!!, lol, Matt E, didn't look to pleased either.
Why can't the judge say what he feels, Robin looked out when 5.5 registered...bit of a flap there for a moment.

Jen agreed is the weekest skater, i knew if she wasn't sat on a chair tonight she'd be sat or lay on something and pulled around by Clown Whiston-top, he..he.. just a class below everyone else in the skating dept.  Anyway bring on the clown-kid as a crowd puller!!

Think the skate off could be Chemmy, and Chico tho..(unless Chemmy, and Jorgie!!)

ps can Jayne move her face these days??? (how much work has she had done??)

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:56
why keep your heads down there are loads supporting Chemmy I think and no one will be shouted on here for supporting who they like !!! 

Agree toots that Jens routine was good to watch and it was clever the use of the props hid the lack of skating - but Louis gave Jorgie 6.5 for lack of routine well Jens lacked skating too but the music the great costumes etc def hid it

agree re chico think his routine could have had so much more in it

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 20:58
Originally posted by deborah31

I'm really enjoying  Chemmy too, what has the GBP got against her??

and, (really going against it here)
I agree with LOUIS!!! shock horror, yes sorry IT WAS BORING, imo Mr. Dean, (didn't he get upset!!) how dare anyone question him!!, lol, Matt E, didn't look to pleased either.
Why can't the judge say what he feels, Robin looked out when 5.5 registered...bit of a flap there for a moment.

Jen agreed is the weekest skater, i knew if she wasn't sat on a chair tonight she'd be sat or lay on something and pulled around by Clown Whiston-top, he..he.. just a class below everyone else in the skating dept.  Anyway bring on the clown-kid as a crowd puller!!

Think the skate off could be Chemmy, and Chico tho..(unless Chemmy, and Jorgie!!)

ps can Jayne move her face these days??? (how much work has she had done??)

Chemmy does try hard and skates quite well cannot explain why I can't take to her - don't dislike her just can't take to her

Posted By: Brekkie
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:03
Jorgies score was a joke (though had Louis said 8.5 she'd still be 4th I think) - but when I read in the paper she'd only have one prop while the others had multiple props I knew she'd get penalised for it, even though it was clearly one of the more difficult props to master.   They should have at least given her a ball as well - and she'd have actually benefitted from being on first tonight (don't think she has been yet) socring wise at least.

Hopefully viewers will do for Jorgie what they've done for Andy most this series as based on tonights score she wouldn't survive a skate off - and judges clearly have a soft spot for Chemmy, Chico and ITV seem to have a soft spot for Jen - though why I don't know.   Doubt she's got an acting gig lined up so are ITV2 lining her up as the next Kerry Katona?

Also considering the theme I think tonight's show really could have done with a pro performance to kick it off.  

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:07
I REALLY want to see Katarina on the ice, does she still skate????
ps
yes a pro-performance (perhaps from those no long in the comp) would be great
and maybe to remind us who the pro-skater's actually are?? and what their achievements are /were , and maybe what their specialities are (maybe some are more well known as individual skaters, or are they all pairs??)

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:15
I'm in the minority who actually likes Chemmy too.

I do believe she should be in the skate-off against Jennifer tonight and I'm pretty sure the judges would save Jen over her (given how everyone on the show seems to fawn over her and Dan).  Her performance was very strong tonight, but she moved faster on the suitcase than on her blades.

I believe Katarina gave up performing 3 or 4 years ago, Deborah, but I'd love to see her come out of retirement on the show.  After all, T&D did the same!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:15
Originally posted by Brekkie

Also considering the theme I think tonight's show really could have done with a pro performance to kick it off.

That's what I thought was missing from tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:27
Robin and Katrina will be skaing at some point according to papers

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:31

something worth watching............. would they skate as a couple tho??

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:32
Originally posted by deborah31

something worth watching............. would they skate as a couple tho??
I hope not! Let 'em play to their strengths and skate as soloists.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:33
no not as a couple

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:34
Here comes Marcus Collins, I'm more interested in the results.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:35
Originally posted by killersbee

Here comes Marcus Collins, I'm more interested in the results.
Showing my ignorance - who is he?Confused

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:37
2nd on x Factor

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:37
Explains why I've never heard of him - thanks Bren!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:39
shame re Matt he comes across so smug at times - he is undoubtedly good but hate the way he comes across

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:40
shut up Louie

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:40
Here we go...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:41
Hang in there Jorgie!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:42
I'm starting to mute Louie the way I used to Jason. 

There's a touch of the Chris Fountains about Matthew to me - he's very, very good, but I don't find myself willing him on.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:43
Methinks we're heading for a Chico & Jennifer skate-off, I'm calling it

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:43
please let Jorgie and Matt be safe!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:45
oh I hope so Tups - just to upset the apple cart

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:47
oh jeeze!

whew!!!!

ARGH!!! Jennifer through!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:48
should have been Jen in skate off!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:48
Phew!   Made it.Big%20smile

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:49
Sean did not look happy, don't blame him, maybe last time for them in skate-off tonight, then they're gone. 
should of been Jen in skate off!!

-------------

Delighted for Jorgie - gobsmacked that Jennifer is so popular!

shame for Chico and ~Chemmy but as there is only 5 couples always going to be a good one in the bottom

Chemmy's done for now...the judges will surely save Chico

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:50
I don't mind one good skater being in the bottom two - I just cringe to see an obviously weaker one in the top 3.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:50

Delighted for Jorgie - gobsmacked that Jennifer is so popular!

surprised too but Chemmy has nnot been popular with public for long time and Chico has been in skate off - next week will be the one to show just how popular they are

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:52
Glad Chemmy has gone out on a high, because unless Chico trips over his own feet I can't see her being saved.  Hope to see her back on the ski circuit next season.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:53
If Chico goes I won't be watching again this season.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:53
Personally I prefer Chico's routine to Chemmy's.

Peeved that Jen went through though.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:54
Both of them did so much better...this is just so wrong that Jen has gone further than Chemmy and Chico!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 21:56
WOW! Robin saves Chico!!! Shocker!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window