Forum Name: Dancing On Ice 2012
Forum Discription: All the news and goss from DOI
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33933
Printed Date: 16 Dec 2017 at 13:08

Topic: Chemmy:'I’ve already chosen my wedding dress,
Posted By: Bren
Subject: Chemmy:'I’ve already chosen my wedding dress,
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 13:29

'I’ve already chosen my wedding dress, now I need my fella to propose'— Says Dancing On Ice's Chemmy Alcott

Dream%20bride%20...%20how%20Chemmy%20Alcott%20might%20look%20in%20a%20wedding%20dress
Dream bride ... how Chemmy Alcott might look in a wedding dress
Exclusive
By EMMA COX
Published: Today at 02:05

CHEMMY Alcott has revealed she has already picked her wedding dress – even though her boyfriend has yet to propose!

The Dancing On Ice beauty said she can't stop dropping hints to fellow ski ace Dougie Crawford about getting married but he hasn't put a ring on her finger yet.

Chemmy, Britain's top female skier, said: "I want to get married, but he's a little slower.

"I drop a lot of hints, but he's not taking me up on it yet.

"It's not even subtle things like leaving wedding magazines lying around — I just tell him I want to get married.

"I've even found my wedding dress. I was lent a dress by Suzanne Neville the other day for the movie premiere of The Woman In Black, and I didn't realise her main business is making wedding dresses.

"She had this beautiful one and I got talked into trying it on — and it was perfect. I'm not the sort of girl who's ever thought about what sort of dress I want but I really did love this one.

"So I'm not engaged but I've picked my dress already! I told them not to put it out on sale for the next ten years, I will be coming back for it one day."

Love%20...%20Chemmy%20with%20Dougie%20Crawford
Love ... Chemmy with Dougie Crawford
FAMOUS

The couple have certainly had their fair share of drama in the two years they have been together.

Professional skier Dougie could only watch in horror from the commentary box when Chemmy had a horrific 80mph accident which left her with a broken leg in Canada in December 2010, from which she is still recovering.

Dougie nursed her through her rehabilitation and has since had his own injury which means he is currently on crutches.

Chemmy said: "I do seem to like making life hard for him. He was obviously there when I had my accident and I think it's pretty stressful for the loved ones of all the contestants on Dancing On Ice.

"But he's been absolutely brilliant and I think he gets a kick out of watching me do it. Plus, he got to meet Frank Lampard.

"Frank's fiancé Christine Bleakley, who hosts the show, said to me, 'Your boyfriend should meet mine', and I was like, 'I know who your boyfriend is. They were comparing injuries and health stories for about half an hour.

"What this show has taught me is that celebrities are just like normal people even though we sometimes put them on a pedestal. Christine came up to me after I'd had a tough week and put her arm around me and talked to me for ages, which was lovely, and she's always in the bar after the show.

"Everyone loved Holly Willoughby, who Christine took over from as host, so I think that's a tough situation to come into but she's been brilliant.

"And I've made really good friends with Jorgie. I never thought me and actresses would be great friends but we've all become like a little family.

"I'm an athlete, not a celebrity, but everyone has been so kind."

Ice%20move%20...%20Chemmy%20with%20dance%20partner%20Sean%20Rice
Ice move ... Chemmy with dance partner Sean Rice
Ken McKay

Chemmy, who broke her neck skiing when she was 12, is taking part in the show to help her recovery before she begins skiing again. But she laughs off the notion that she is brave for refusing to give up her passion despite two horrific injuries.

She said: "I live life with a bit of a different attitude to most people. I don't believe you should be wrapped in cotton wool.

"My mum was the same. It scares me a bit to think I'm turning into her. She died six years ago and I know she is looking down and loving me doing Dancing On Ice.

"She sent me to finishing school to turn me into a lady, so I know she would be very pleased to see me in a pink dress being all feminine. I said at the beginning, 'You can dress me in anything you want but I won't wear pink', so it was a bit of a shock last week."

Chemmy was criticised by judge Katarina Witt for being "too big" for lifts, but it hasn't affected her confidence. She said: "When I was injured, I was guilty of overeating quite a bit, whereas I am really toning up now."My boyfriend loves my body. He always did, but he's very keen on my new shape and keeps telling me so. What I need to work on is not being the world's worst dancer!

"In the evenings I practise my dance moves on the Xbox and Dougie lies on the sofa doing a bit of sofa dancing and critiquing me.

"I thought Dancing on Ice would be a doddle, I had no idea how tough it would be."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/dancing_on_ice/4108174/Dancing-On-Ice-news-Ski-ace-Chemmy-Alcott-has-already-picked-wedding-dress-but-is-not-engaged.html - The Sun

Print Page | Close Window