Forum Discription: All the news and goss from DOI
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33867
Printed Date: 19 Oct 2017 at 13:29

Topic: Sam Nixon has‘got his own back’ on Mark Rhodes
Posted By: Bren
Subject: Sam Nixon has‘got his own back’ on Mark Rhodes
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 16:27

Dancing On Ice: Sam Nixon has ‘got his own back’ on Mark Rhodes

The boys had a competition to see who could make it the longest on the skating show, after Mark beat Sam to second place in Pop Idol.

24 January 2012 14:23 GMT

Dancing%20On%20Ice:%20Sam%20Nixon%20has%20‘got%20his%20own%20back’%20on%20Mark%20Rhodes

Skate away: Mark Rhodes became the latest act to be voted out of Dancing On Ice Pic: ©Ken McKay/ITV/Rex Features/

Voted-off Dancing On Ice competitor Mark Rhodes has revealed that his TV partner Sam Nixon has finally managed to ‘get his own back’ after he became the latest act to leave the skating show.

The children’s TV duo had made a bet about who would last the longest on the ice dancing programme. The boys’ wager came after Mark managed to beat Sam to the number two spot in the 2003 series of Pop Idol, which former STV presenter Michelle McManus went on to win.

Now that Sam has proved himself the better skater, Mark says he and his pal are even – and that they can finally put their rivalry to one side.

Speaking to The Sun, Mark said: “There was a lot of competition between Same and me beforehand – then I saw Sam skate and I thought ‘Wow, I’ve got no chance!’.

“But now that he has beaten me at Dancing on Ice we can put the Pop Idol thing to bed. We had Sam and Mark T-shirts made for fans in the audience so I am just going to have to cross my name off.”

Despite his friend beating him in their latest competition, Mark says there are no hard feelings, and is even planning to sit rink-side

“If invited, I will be there in the audience cheering Sam on every week.” He jokingly added: “I put a bet on him, a tenner at 33-1, so happy days if it comes in.”

Mark became the third contestant to be voted off the show, on Sunday night’s episode, after he found himself in the bottom two alongside Charlene Tilton.

All three judges – Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Louie Spence – chose to save Charlene, signalling the end of Mark’s time on the ice dancing show.

This weekend the remaining 12 skaters will be face a big twist – going head-to-head in individual battles, which will involve each skater and their professional partner being paired up with another couple.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/294856-dancing-on-ice-sam-nixon-has-got-his-own-back-on-mark-rhodes/ - STV.TV

Print Page | Close Window