Topic: The X Factor: Watt a shambles
Posted By: Jonnyboy
Subject: The X Factor: Watt a shambles
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 09:53

Shes%20back%20...%20Amelia%20Lily
She's back ... Amelia Lily
By LUCY CONNOLLY
Published: 13th November 2011

AXED Amelia Lily was favourite to WIN X Factor last night after an astonishing comeback — ending a shambolic week for the ITV show.

Bosses saw a mystery power outage delay the start of Saturday night's show by 16 minutes.

Meanwhile viewers cringed as weeping Kitty Brucknell, 26, was voted off last night and screeched a version of Lady Gaga hit Born This Way.

Viewers quickly took to Twitter, one posting: "Somebody shoot her."

Kitty went after losing a sing-off with Misha B — the former favourite who was in the bottom two for the second time.

Amelia, 17, was picked in the public vote to replace axed Frankie Cocozza — five weeks after being booted off the show.

Ladbrokes and William Hill both installed her as favourite at 11/4 after she sang Queen's The Show Must Go On.

Ladbrokes spokesman Alex Donohue said: "It was a shock for us when she went because she was the favourite before the live shows.

Compliments%20...%20Kitty%20Brucknells%20Twitter%20feedback
'Compliments' ... Kitty Brucknell's Twitter feedback

"She was actually the rank outsider to be booted out — it was a massive shock. She has come back now and X Factor may be on a recovery mission."

Show bosses had expected a huge boost in viewing figures following a week of drama which saw Frankie Cocozza exit after a cocaine, booze and sex rampage.

But the prime-time Saturday show was wrecked by a technical fault at the BT Tower in central London.

An auditions round-up was screened while technicians battled to get the show on air.

An insider said: "A series of events has conspired to bring chaos to the show."

This year's series of the hit talent show has already been hit by a ratings meltdown, with BBC1's Strictly Come Dancing attracting more viewers for the first time in three years.

A BT spokesman said it could take up to two days to work out the cause of the power cut.

He said: "We can confirm there was an unusual power spike on Saturday evening which disrupted services from the BT Tower for a short time."

Replies:
Posted By: dancingdiva
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:03
I think Kitty is great and is a loss to a show that is fast losing all credibility. At least she was different. Apart from Janet you can't hear any individuality in any of the finalists voices.

-------------
and its goodbye from her

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:08
She was different but my god she wasn't very good. Anyone who has to shout rather than sing shoudn't be up there

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:30
Better tell Celine Dion and Whitney Houston not to sing then, they scream their heads off!

-------------
and its goodbye from her

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 12:50
thats the poiunt, they don't, they sing in full throat voice, Kittie shouted

Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 13:22
did anyone catch what was shouted just before Kitty sang her survival song?  I rewound a few times and could make it out.

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 14:47
Sorry Johnny boy but I don't agree with you and I am a trained singer with perfect pitch!!!

-------------
and its goodbye from her

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 13:44
You don't have to agree, we all have our opinions and I too am a trained singer with perfect pitch.

Print Page | Close Window