Subject: I’m A Celebrity for Mark Wright
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:47

The Only Way Is... I’m A Celebrity for Mark Wright

A%20Wright%20off%20...%20TOWIE%20star%20is%20lined%20up%20for%20Im%20A%20Celeb
A Wright off ... TOWIE star is lined up for I'm A Celeb
Exclusive
By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor
Published: Today at 00:30

MARK Wright has quit The Only Way Is Essex — to star in I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!

The 24-year-old is set to fly to Australia next month in a £60,000 deal to swap Brentwood for Brisbane.

Bosses hope the hunk will work his Essex charms on one of the beauties joining him in the jungle — who could include Ryan Giggs's old flame Imogen Thomas.

Pals say Mark wants to reach a new audience and cash in on his TOWIE fame.

One said: "TOWIE will always mean a lot to him but he's become a proper celebrity since being on the show.

"No one makes any cash on TOWIE and he's nearly done three series now so he's been looking for new opportunities. He wants to spread his wings and do more TV stuff."

Mark will get a much bigger audience when he joins celebrities including Freddie Starr in the jungle. The ITV1 show gets 10million viewers — compared with 1.7million for ITV2's TOWIE.

Mark follows former co-star Amy Childs, who quit the Essex show this summer to join Celebrity Big Brother and is now filming a Channel 5 reality show.

Last night an ITV source said: "We are currently negotiating Mark's deal and hope to have it signed soon."

Print Page | Close Window