Forum Discription: All the news, gossip & rumours
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33235
Printed Date: 16 Dec 2017 at 22:43

Topic: Storms threaten I’m A Celebrity
Posted By: Bren
Subject: Storms threaten I’m A Celebrity
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 16:17

Storms threaten I’m A Celebrity

Its%20a%20cyclone,%20get%20me%20out%20of%20here!%20...%20storm%20threatens%20Im%20A%20Celebrity
It's a cyclone, get me out of here! ... storm threatens I'm A Celebrity
ITV / Rex

Exclusive
By LEIGH HOLMWOOD, Deputy TV Editor
Published: Today at 00:00

I'M A Celebrity has been thrown into chaos after a huge storm forced the evacuation of the jungle camp during rehearsals.

Bosses of the hit ITV1 reality show — due to return early next month — now fear extreme weather could wash it off the air.

The show was marred by its worst-ever rain last year, with flash floods nearly drowning presenters Ant and Dec.

And celebs were drenched in severe downpours in 2005.

Execs had hoped for better conditions on the upcoming tenth anniversary series — but experts have predicted DOUBLE the number of cyclones than last year.

Flooding forced production staff to leave the camp in Queensland, Australia, last week while producers have had to come up with contingency plans in case the weather forces the show off the air.

An insider said: "Producers have been holding crisis talks all week after the camp was engulfed by torrential rain.

"It turned into a mudslide — roads were blocked and water levels in the nearby creeks got dangerously high. The high winds also meant huge branches fell from trees and littered the camp, making it very unsafe on the ground.

Hosts%20...%20Ant%20and%20Dec
Hosts ... Ant and Dec
ITV / Rex

"All the production staff were forced to leave for 24 hours. When the celebrities are in the camp, they will be protected by a large tarpaulin — but if similar conditions happen again, it could become unsafe.

Cyclone warnings for the area have doubled this year, meaning emergency evacuation plans have had to be created for the celebrities.

"Bosses are really worried about cyclones hitting the camp while the celebrities are in there. Lots of meetings have taken place to ensure contingencies are in place to evacuate them if the weather gets bad.

"Our main concern is the celebrities and making sure they're safe."

Names reported to be in the running for the new series include Imogen Thomas and Dannii Minogue's boyfriend Kris Smith.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3884810/Storms-threaten-Im-A-Celebrity.html - The Sun

Replies:
Posted By: lexicsmith
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 22:35
Surely the easiest thing to do is not do the show during cyclone season, no?

-------------
Follow me on twitter @LexiVodkaPanda :-)

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 23:03
haha that is too simple

Posted By: lexicsmith
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 23:05
Evidently so! ;-)

-------------
Follow me on twitter @LexiVodkaPanda :-)

Print Page | Close Window