Posted By: Bren
Subject: Angela Rippon and Sean Rice
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 16:38
Angela Rippon and Sean Rice

Name Angela Rippon
Age 66
Special skills: Ballet training
Supporters: Peter Sissons

A lifelong fan of Torvill & Dean, this is dream come true for Angela to be able to work alongside the pair. Angela claims that she is already, "enjoying every minute" of her Dancing On Ice experience so far.

However, being the "more mature" of all the contestants, Angela is determined to give the youngsters of the competition a run for their money! "Iā€™m already fit and healthy," she states, due to playing tennis and maintaining a vigorous pilates regime.

But being fit is one thing but getting the groove right is quite another! Having trained as a classical ballet dancer at the age of 17, Angela admits finding her feet on the ice was not as easy as she first thought. "My feet naturally turn out because I did so many years of ballet," Angela explains. "And now I am going against the muscle memory that I have grown up with."

Name - Sean Rice
Age - 38
Nationality ā€“ Canadian
Height ā€“ 6ā€™2

Sean is a Canadian gold medalist who has skated competitively with hsi partner and wife, Jodeyne HIggins for nice years (Jodeyne is also joining Dancing on Ice in 2011).

In recent years they've skated all over the world in professional shows and during this time broke the record for most bounces in headbanger (14) in a ten second period.  They are also the first couple to land a triple twist and triple salcow on a moving cruise ship!.

This will be Sean's first Dancing on Ice

Replies:
Posted By: deborah31
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 18:39
He looks way older than 38 imo!!

-------------
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'

Posted By: killersbee
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 19:40
At this point in time, I'm sitting on the fence with how Angela will do...I dread to think what will happen if she turns out to be the Ann Widdy of DOI!

-------------
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"

Posted By: Sooty
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 15:09
Yes! At last I have found someone I have heard of. Well, I did say on the Strictly site that I don't watch much TV - just Uni Challenge, QI, Have I Got News For You and Poirot. So, unless they had Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, Jeremy Paxman or David Suchet I'd have been struggling.
Are the others big names?
Hello, by the way!

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 14:29
ANGELA AND SEAN

Posted By: Overreaction Jackson
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 11:39
Sorry but I think it was the right decision in the skate-off, shame for the new pro though.

Print Page | Close Window