Forum Discription: All the news and gossip
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29237
Printed Date: 19 Oct 2017 at 17:35

Topic: Through to boot camp 2010
Posted By: Bren
Subject: Through to boot camp 2010
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 09:44

X Factor 2010: Round-up of acts through to Boot Camp

The X Factor audition shows 2010 have been just as exciting as ever, beaming talented (and some not so talented) hopefuls into our living rooms for the past six weeks.

We really have witnessed the good, the bad and the ugly and it’s not only the performances that have packed a punch! But now it’s time to get rid of the wannabe’s and focus on the true talent as a selected few head to Boot Camp. Remind yourself of the X-tra talented singers here.

Show one saw the judges’ head to Scotland where they discovered the likes of flamboyant performer Stephen Hunter, singing waitress Lynn Francis O’Niell and girl and boy band Noir.

Who could forget G&S aka Gay and Straight? Gay sadly didn’t make it through but Straight – Caroline – was given the chance to audition on her own and will also be heading south to Boot Camp.

The leading Scottish light came in the form of 18 year old singer Gamu Nhengu who blew the judges, and audience, away with her stunning rendition of Walking on Sunshine.

When the auditions moved to London, Katie Waissell and her quirky style split the judges opinions, but Simon saw something a little kooky in her, and hey, if Gaga can carry off a dress made of meat, so what if Katie looks a little like Madonna in the eighties? We can’t wait to see what this little miss is wearing at Boot Camp!

Show two introduced us to lifeguard Stephen Concannon who certainly got Cheryl Cole’s vote when he serenaded the judge, showing off his toned body. Certainly looking forward to seeing him at Boot Camp!

Girl group Sugar Bullet also won a spot with three yes votes coming from Cheryl, Louis and guest judge Katy Perry,  as did pretty blonde singer Sadbh O’Donnell, an 18-year-old waitress, who sang Kelly Clarkson's Beautiful Disaster.

Unemployed hairdresser Rebecca Creighton wowed Simon, Katy, Cheryl and Louis at the Dublin auditions with a rendition of Pixie Lott’s hit Cry Me Out.

But the big star of Dublin was, without a doubt, 50-year-old Mary Byrne who has since been tipped to be the next Susan Boyle. Was it all hype or will Mary make it through to Judges Houses and get one step closer to realising her singing dream? We’ll soon find out.

Next up, show three caused a Storm – literally, when Edinburgh born, LA based, singer Storm Lee was put through to Boot Camp, despite Simon hating his name.

Viewers also witnessed the second coming of Jedward… well a French version at least, in the form of twins Twem. Ooh la la!

Ruth Anne St Luce’s cheeky wink to Simon and soulful rendition of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, saw her earn her place in Boot Camp, as did 20 year old John and 29 year old Elesha Moses.

In Birmingham, Liam Payne took to the stage, and not for the first time.

Liam auditioned for The X Factor in 2008 and made it through to Simon’s house. Failing to get any further, he took two years out before deciding he was ready for a second shot at stardom. A brave move, but one that certainly paid off. We’re sure we’ll be seeing a lot of Liam at Boot Camp.

Show three also introduced us to one of the X Factor favourites so far – Cher Lloyd. Cheryl Cole lookalike Cher’s performance of Turn My Swag On by Soulja Boy blew everyone away and has since seen her become a media sweetheart. The sassy young lady is certainly one to watch in the coming weeks.

Keri Arrindel will be joining Cher after her performance of Midnight Train to Georgia earmed her four yeses. Opera singer Wagner and ‘action figure’ Justin Vanderhyde also made it through.

Treyc Cohen’s performance of You’ve Got The Love saw Simon tell her she got 3142 yeses, seeing her through to the next round. Show three certainly unearthed a great deal of talent!

Now, on to show four… First to go through in the Cardiff auditions was birthday boy barman 55-year-old Rob Burn.

Then there was Tom Richards, 16, from Pontypridd in Wales who sang The Script's Man Who Can’t Be Moved. Remember his audition? He nearly didn’t make it through but the power of the audience made guest judge Pixie Lott change her ‘no’ to a ‘yes’ and a delighted Tom will get another chance to prove he really does have what it takes.

17 year-old student, Katie Smith, was brave enough to sing Pixie’s own version of Use Somebody.  Pixie said: “I thought you did it beautifully, I felt like I wanted to come up on stage and join you.”  Katie went through with four yeses.

Lee Vaughn, 29, a pub singer from Swansea also went through after an entertaining performance of Come Together.  Simon was amused when Lee started humping the side of the stage, while Louis thought he had a good rock voice.

Next through to Boot Camp at the London auditions was wannabe music legend Nicolo Festa. He impressed the judges with his diva style vocals and attitude and went through with a definite yes from each judge.

Raquel Thomas, 19, usually flips burgers in McDonalds but was hoping to serve up a winner when she sang Superwoman by Alicia Keys.  Louis called it a powerful performance and she got a yes from the judges.

Equine dentist Jo Beetlestone was certainly not hoarse when she performed a lung-bursting rendition of All The Man I Need by Whitney Houston.  She received a standing ovation from the audience and some great comments from the judges as she galloped through to Boot Camp.

The most controversial singer of show four was 19-year-old Paije who hoped to wow the judges with his rendition of Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra.

Louis was impressed by his voice but Simon thought he sounded more like a wedding singer than a popstar, Cheryl agreed and he got a no from them both. Louis took him aside after he had left the stage and asked him to try again.

He said: “You’ve got a great voice, you’re only 19.  Go and rehearse, come back at the end of the day.  Don’t let me down, I think you’re good.”

After a stressful few hours Paije returned to the stage to perform Man’s World by James Brown and this time, he blew the judges away and got three yeses.

Show five brought us 18-year-old-Aiden from Blackpool whose soulful voice saw him cruise through to Boot Camp.

Other to go through included Amy Louise Aldred from Blackburn, who sang a track by American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, and dashing duo Connor and Gabriel, who performed Heard It Through The Grapevine

Also successful was PE teacher John Connolly who sang Michael Buble’s I Haven’t Met You Yet, getting through with three yeses much to the excitement of his pupils who stormed the stage in celebration.

Louis praised three piece group The Hoohaas as being ‘fresh’ and also put through 20 year old student Ade Bhadys and 17-year-old John Wilding, who sang Run by X Factor star, Leona Lewis.

Self-confessed yummy mummy, 19 year old Chloe Victoria, was controversially put through even though her cocky attitude saw her get booed by the audience. Another talented mum, 23-year-old Rebecca Fergusson, also got a ticket to Boot Camp.

Someone certainly not lacking confidence, or energy, was Yuli Mingell who sang Falling In Love, teaming her vocals with an energetic stage presence. Nicole Scherzinger was certainly impressed telling Yuli: "There’s something about you, it gives me goosebumps. You have The X Factor girl."

Finally, show six saw handsome singer Tobias Sumpton make it through to Boot Camp, even though Simon Cowell wasn’t sure he had the right attitude after revealing he doesn’t like singing in front of people!

17 year old Ramina Fahari was next to make it through with Simon Cowell telling her her audition was “on the money.”

Chrissie Pitt performed an interesting arrangement of Ain’t No Mountain High Enough which saw her get three yeses, as did Lewis Hamilton lookalike, Carl Brown.

Bubbly Charlene Dawson’s strong vocals also impressed the judges, reducing the delighted hopeful to tears of joy as she earned her place in Boot Camp.

Next up was 16 year old Harry Styles, who, like Tobias before him, split the judges’ opinions.

Louis felt he lacked experience but Simon disagreed and sent the youngster on his merry way to the next round.

Male double-act, Diva Fever was certainly one of the most entertaining acts to make it through to Boot Camp, with the flamboyant lads’ performance of Proud Mary making Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger stand up and dance along. They hope to be the next Wham – minus the term in prison!

There have been a few comeback kings and queens on this year’s show, and hoping to make it third time lucky, is 27 year old Marlon McKenzie, who is no stranger to Boot Camp.

Will this be his lucky year? All will be revealed when we head to Boot Camp next Saturday.

Read Article Here http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/198357-x-factor-2010-round-up-of-acts-through-to-boot-camp/ - STV.TV

Print Page | Close Window