Forum Name: Soap Box
Forum Discription: From Eastenders to Emmerdale
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26501
Printed Date: 13 Dec 2017 at 03:44

Topic: Christian/Syed
Posted By: PintOfPartridge
Subject: Christian/Syed
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 01:32
So what does everyone think of the Chyred storyline? Is it done subtly, or do people think it's unsuitable television before the watershed?
Personally, I think it's a great storyline. Not being of the Muslim faith, I had no idea that being gay was against their religion. I think the story has educated as well as making good television. I've never seen a storyline like it and I think Eastenders has made a brave choice and is bringing up new plotlines.
Also, the acting from John Partridge, Marc Elliot  & supporting cast (Nina Wadia especially) has been exceptional!

-------------
Love the JP!

Replies:
Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 01:52
I don't think it is unsuitable at all. The straight couples in EE are frequently shown going much further than Christian and Syed ever have.  I think the relationship has been portrayed with great sensitivity and all credit to the actors  

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Posted By: PintOfPartridge
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 17:33
Yeah same here. It's becoming a good way to educate children into a changing world I think. It's a brave choice and they've done brilliantly.

-------------
Love the JP!

Print Page | Close Window