Print Page | Close Window

What have you eaten today?

Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: Other Goodies
Forum Name: Food and Drink
Forum Discription: Eating in, eating out, and the best tipple to go with it.
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23056
Printed Date: 24 Oct 2017 at 10:41

Topic: What have you eaten today?
Posted By: James
Subject: What have you eaten today?
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 01:23
Just curious and for fun. Also, I need ideas for new things to make for interesting meals.

I've had:

1 roll with sage and onion chicken
home made soup (chicken & rice)
baked potato with salad and tuna
1 pkt McCoys Flame Grilled Steak
1 Galaxt Caramel

Replies:
Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 02:22
well for me
weetabix
tuna roll and pkt of limbos cheese and onion
vegtable chow mien
onions, bean sprouts, peppers, mushrooms, sprouts, carrots, brocolli
fresh noodles for sauce combined oyster sauce and soy sauce added few chili flakes and some garlic!!
cadburys fudge

-------------

Posted By: Sammy
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 04:54
ok i had. A kiwi, some strawberries, 2 pancakes with lemon, sugar and ice cream, nacho's, steak sandwich and a few chips, mango & passion fruit cheesecake with cream!nice and healthy! Not! I like this thread, will be interesting to see how much crap i eat compared to everyone else!

Posted By: Jonnyboy
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 10:26
so far, a bacon roll.
falafal salad with humous

yesterday
lunch: chicken salad
Dinner: corn on the cob, hagendas

-------------

Posted By: Catwoman
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 11:56
What is a Hagendas?
Well today I have had nothing, but I am going to be having a vegetable finger barm. 

Yesterday I had
Porridge and Raisins
Cous cous and a cheese Sandwich
Crisp and Chocolate (I am giving them up for lent)
Pancakes
Pasta and Cheese (I have given up Pasta for Lent as well)
Pancakes

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 12:08
Had a lovely risotto with lobster tail, tiger prawns, broad beans, chili and garlic for dinner last night (at Strada in Brum before the Kaisers gig).

Today I had "Oats so Simple" & a cuppa for breakfast, and I'll be making eggs benedict for lunch in about an hour's time.  Dinner tonight will be steak pie, mash, and gravy with a steamed vegetable medley (carrots, runner beans, and leeks), and pancakes for dessert.

I purposely don't bring snack foods through to my study because I know I'd just stuff my face all day without realising how much I'm eating.

-------------

Posted By: Laura
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 12:57
Rice crispies
carrot cake muffin (home made)

lunch is scarmbled eggs and a toasted wholegrain roll

dinner is some wholemeal spaghetti with a tomato and fresh veg pasta sauce. followed by probably some eton mess

Posted By: Alex
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 13:46
porridge

clemantines

black grapes (amazing almost perfumed)
smoked salmon (m&S 2 for £5)

-------------
http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=280 - Big Brother 11

Posted By: ajkb7926
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 15:26
Originally posted by Catwoman

What is a Hagendas?

ice cream.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 15:55
Rice krispies
Cheese & tomato sandwich
2 x apples
2 x clementines (tasted foul, should have paid more for the "sweeter" variety
2 x carrot ... or was it two
Homemade shepherds pie
Almonds
...... and the day is still young .....

Can I invite myself round to someone else's house .... your food sounds so much scrummier!!

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 16:06
Originally posted by Butterfly

Can I invite myself round to someone else's house .... your food sounds so much scrummier!!

all round to Sammy's i think!!

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 16:14

So far

Porridge 1 apple 1 banana and some pineapple
elevenses  wholemeal toast
lunch  tuna and SALAD CREAM wholemeal roll (again)

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 16:45
love tuna with salad cream lol. or mayo.

hmmm today

carrots
r+s crisps and breakaway
crackers and thats it.

dont eat breakfast often like today.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 17:30

Today it's been this:

Sage and onion chicken sandwich (I love the stuff)
1 pkt McCoys Oriental Ribs flavour

dinner is some more chicken and rice soup and some Ainsley Harriot spicy cous-cous.

After that I dunno but I expect there'll be chocolate involved.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 18:05
I have eaten today

Vegetable fingers Barm
Apple
Raisins
Quorn in tomatos and Chickpeas with Cous Cous
Then later I am going to have Bannana and Custard.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 20:39
right. I've had : oj & cuppa for brekie. Lunch was warm chicken & bacon salad & croutons with thick balsamic dressing and chunky onion rings. Panetone bread & butter pud & custard. Tonight i had beef, cheese & salad wrap, followed by 2 pancakes with lemon, sugar & vanilla ice cream. And 1 bottle of white wine! Oooops!

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 20:45
well i was naughty for dinner and had fish and chips - not had it for ages!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 00:48
dinner
Fillet mignon with Chalots and Cognac
Dauphinoise potatoes
green beans

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 09:53
Bloody hell Bren, spoil yourself much? haha

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 10:00
Originally posted by Bren

dinnerFillet mignon with Chalots and CognacDauphinoise potatoesgreen beans

I've never heard of most of that (except the green beans)

I've just had some porridge for my breakfast. Yummy !

-------------

Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 10:08

dinnerFillet mignon with Chalots and CognacDauphinoise potatoesgreen beans

Bren, when are you inviting me over to dinner? YUM. (The 26 hour flight could be a problem). I can smell it now. The eye fillet and the bacon. I've cooked those potatoes once - when I was training to teach Hospitality.

I had takeaway fish and chips tonight for dinner which is rather a let down compared to your dinner.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:22
Today I have eaten a Bagel. 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:26
LOL sorry guys I was leg pulling I had beans on toast !!! came on thread last night and noticed  add on tesco site for one of their finest meals and put it down for a laugh

So FAr to day
Porridge and a banana

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:33
Oh darn, Bren, I really could smell its aroma.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:59
and there was me thinking you were such a classy girl!

all this talk of chip shop dinners is making me fancy chips, battered sausage and curry sauce! Haven't had a chippy meal for years!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 12:27
i am classy Jon - finest beans on wholemeal bread LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 13:29
you cant beat Heinz

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 13:32
Shocked NO!!!!!!!!! Heinz have gone horrible all watery and hard beans!! Branson for me beans like Heinz used to be !!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 13:56
not tried Branston beans yet, tried their spaghetti and it was rank, really sweet. Don't really eat bread anymore so never get beans on toast, used to love it mind.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 14:14
yes branson spaghetti is awful BUT their beans are good IMO as for spaghetti Heinz has gone so watery someone at the school said Tesco Value Spaghetti is the best so tried a tin which cost a whole 14p and it was really good!!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 14:17

LOL sorry guys I was leg pulling I had beans on toast !!! came on thread last night and noticed  add on tesco site for one of their finest meals and put it down for a laugh So FAr to dayPorridge and a banana

So far today, 1 banana & bowl of Special K oooooooooooooh the excitement!

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 14:44
just has vegetable Singapore noodles, LOTS of chili. Love working next to china town! 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 15:01
love Singapore noodles is a favorite - I live quite near to China Town!!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 16:03
No time for brekkie today, so had saudage sarnies with ketchup for lunch - followed by a few Fererro chocs left over from Christmas.  Whistle

No idea what we'll eat tonight as I won't have time to cook anything before we have to go out.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 16:29
I had chicken dippers and chips for lunch

I am going to have rice for tea

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 17:28
Just eaten a blooming huge stir-fry .... there was probably enough to feed most of China!!

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 18:13
Just about to have poached smoked cod loin and veg. Very healthy and I've also been to the gym today

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 20:07
Frosties
Chicken sandwitch
Prawn Cocktail crisps
Onion rings and carrots
Drumstick lolly
2 fortune cookies xx

-------------

Posted By: *Lisa*
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 20:11

A quorn sandwich, a meringue cake with cream in the middle - yum. Mash potato with green beans and broccoli.

-------------

Posted By: didleyboo
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 20:45
All soft stuff for me ... I have a dodgy tooth at the mo
So have had oatsosimple, banana sandwich (on wholemeal) for lunch and some potato and leek soup for tea. Wine now - medicinal obviously - to numb the pain....

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 21:00

Breakfast:- Ready Brek, Lunch:- pasta, Tea:- fish and chips

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 21:27
carrots
bbq ribs crisps
breakaway
banana
lasagna

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 20:51
Yesterday I had sultana bran with skim milk, a slice of raisin toast, 2 biccies for morning tea, an egg and mayo sandwich on low GI bread.

Now for dinner last night, I had fillet mignon. It was on the menu at the restaurant I went to last night and after all the discussion on it, I had to have it. Its just a piece of eye fillet of beef about 6-7cm in diameter x 5cm high wrapped in bacon and cooked on a grill or hot plate. I like mine rare. YUM. Did not have fancy vegies with it, just on a bed of roast vegies.

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 18:47
With regard to the bean discussion, I have it on good authority that Aldi beans beat Heinz hands down. They all taste the same to me but bean connoisseurs should be able to tell the difference.

Been bad today - had a steak bake, a cheese & ham pasty and an apple turnover from Greggs. No idea what I'm having for dinner but I'm not in the least bit hungry so it might be nothing!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 19:17
Branston beans in this house.  Used to be Sainsbury's own - Jnr wouldn't touch anything else - but they went horrible over the last year, and after much trial and error we discovered Branston to be the best alternative.  /offtopic

We had pancakes at lunchtime today - crepe style and american / scotch drop-cake style - some with lemon & sugar, others with Nutella.  It was our Shrove Tuesday since this is the first time we've all been home and I've had time to make them!

Stupidly unhealthy day for us all round; we've just decided to have fish supper for tea.  Whistle

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 20:29
I made pancakes (crepe style) for Chloe on Friday. I love them with sausages and bacon for breakfast but this was Friday night so we spread Nutella over them, rolled them up, drizzled maple syrup over them and had some M&S coconut and mango ice cream on the side. Fabulous!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 20:57
Porridge
Apple, Banana
Chicken Salad Butty
Chicken Stir Fry

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 21:00
all i have eaten today is a pasta for dinner and two pieces of toast when i got in from school.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 13:57
I had this great seafood pasta dish last night for dinner. I found the recipe on a pamphlet, but had to improvise as I didn't have all the ingredients. Still tasted great.

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 22:42
i had chop suey, it was lovely, i actually made it myself!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 19:52

No breakfast

Sweetcorn and smokey bacon soup, with a ham sandwich on the side for lunch.

Dinner later will be smoked haddock crispbakes from M&S, and layered veg.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 08:50
I just finished eating roast lamb with lots of roasted vegies with whole garlic cloves and rosemary sprinkled over the top for dinner. I cooked it for the family.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 09:00
mmm sounds good Margi if not for 9am in the morning !!!Big%20smile just had some porridge and fruit and off to classes - will be going for lunch down on the river with parents later - will probably have some form of pasta dish knowing me

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 09:12
It was good Bren and of course I over ate!!

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 21:48
Not eaten much today at all!

1 roll with turkey and mustard

Steak pie with petit pois and baby carrots.

That's it Unhappy

*heads for the lard*

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 23:01
I'm going to cook filet mignon tonight. My brother-in-law likes his well done - what a way to spoil a piece of fillet steak!!

Off to yum cha tomorrow for a birthday lunch for a family member.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 08:41
We've bought one of those "Dine in for £10" from M&S. Got a chicken, veg, dessert and bottle of wine .... and saved over £9.50. The trick is to look for the biggest bird ....!!

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:48

We've bought one of those "Dine in for £10" from M&S. Got a chicken, veg, dessert and bottle of wine .... and saved over £9.50. The trick is to look for the biggest bird ....!!

That looks like quite good value. If I wasn't a spinster I'd buy it myself.

Only had a toastie today, I'm too tired to eat :(

Oh but I had a large Dominos pizza on Saturday night. Whatever you get, replace the pizza sauce with barbecue sauce and get garlic butter on it. Amazing. I'm not a big fan of pizza but I would take Dominos anytime.

-------------

Posted By: PussInBoots
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 12:35

Mr Boots and I had the Valentine's Day version: smoked salmon starter, steak and chips, chocolate pudding, bottle of fizz AND a rose all for twenty quid. Bargain!!

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 13:28
M&S do some good stuff, it has to be said, and their free range chicken is the best about IMO. 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 19:33
I'm quite annoyed with M&S just now - they seem to have stopped doing the Taw Valley Cheddar dip and the Garlic & Herb (my absolute favourite). And they never seem to have the Natural Cotton oil but are awash with the horrible other kinds. Their spray starch is the best, you can smell it off your clothes all day and it's lovely.

Back OT - I've had toast and Primula cheese & chive for breakfast, sweet & sour vegetable soup and a ham salad sandwich for lunch and braised steak and roast potatoes for dinner. Was starving after yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 15:50
currently OD'ing on edamame beans from itsu

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 21:14
Have never knowingly eaten an edamame bean in my life. What do they taste like Jon?

I've only had a bowl of packet rice with some onion gravy today. Oh and two packets of Rolos out of the Easter egg I got off my boss.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 21:30
OOO I have given up chocolate for lent.  But I think I have gone off chocolate now!! Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 11:06
Originally posted by Darth Disco

Have never knowingly eaten an edamame bean in my life. What do they taste like Jon?

umm, kind of pea'ish - bit like soya beans, just kinda green... haha

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:19
Oh I don't know about that. Do you eat them raw? If I see them in M&S I might give them a go. They'll need to be something to divert my attention from pine nuts, I love them.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:38
M&S do a edamame and soy bean salad with a nice Thai dressing, give that a go. (one of those little pots so only a couple of quid, not £9 like in the link) http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B00194F7U4/sr=1-8/qid=1239277043/ref=sr_1_8/278-7259714-3860357?ie=UTF8&node=&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&keywords=&mnSBrand=core&size=9&rh=n%3A72536031%2Cp_MNS_95%3AVegetarian&page=1 - Link

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:41
very overpriced have made an effort this year to try and not shop in supermarkets and go to greengrocers and butchers etc - much better quality of food and price !

Birdseye do those beans which I love and not a fraction of the price!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:50
Right. I'm going to M&S today but it's the smaller Glasgow one. Here's hoping they have that salad in. It can be my excuse to buy another tub of mango and coconut ice cream.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 13:40
I had a lovely chinese last night but I weren't allowed to have Noodles as I gave it up for lent. 

I had a egg sandwich for breakfast and I am going to have a fish finger butty for lunch.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 15:35
I have the same breakfast almost everyday - Sultana bran with high calcium skim milk and raisin toast.

I had pizza last night - it was OK.

Tonight I'm cooking home made tempura fish using a batter made with gluten free SR flour so my sister can eat it. Also cooking salt and pepper calamari and prawns using tapicoca flour and sezchan pepper.

Date Posted: 10 May 2009 at 14:26
I joined my sister's in-laws for a great BBQ - chicken kebabs and sausages (gluten free) and salads for lunch today for Mother's Day. My god daughter gave me a digital key ring photo frame for Mother's Day.

Date Posted: 17 May 2009 at 15:27
Today so far - Thai chicken noodle soup with a garlic chicken sandwich, and a blueberry yoghurt. Oh and coffee, I'm about to go make more.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 June 2009 at 17:00
I cooked this beaut crab dish last night. I used green blue crabs (because they are ready to cook) as opposed to mud crabs (they're bought alive and kicking - I can't handle that). Cooked it in ginger, garlic, shallots and stock. Served with noodles cooked in the reserved sauce. Finger licking good and messy too.

Date Posted: 08 June 2009 at 23:26
Oh Margi that sounds amazing. I've never had crab but am dying to try it and everything you used is right up my street.

Date Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:53
The inagaural series of the Australian version of Masterchef finished last week. The 2 finalists had to make this chocolate dessert that had so many components to it as one of the 3 challenges. They printed the recipe in the paper on Wednesday, so I decided to give it a go. Apparently to order this in the restaurant it originated from (Aria), it costs $24.00 per serve. I've made all the components except the chocolate half pipe (I don't have a sweets thermometer). The dessert consists of a chocolate tart with chocolate pastry and filling, a topping like a ganache, chocolate macaroons and chocolate sorbet. I do have an icecream maker, so I've just finished making that. It taste fantastic.

Well its a chocoholics delight!!. Having said that, I don't know if I would try making it again - so much work, and the quantities make a lot more than needed. If I went to Aria, $24.00 is worth the amount of work that goes into it.

http://www.masterchef.com.au/aria-chocolate-tart.htm - Aria Chocolate dessert

The amount of washing up I generated for the dessert was horrendous.

Date Posted: 27 July 2009 at 13:43
I finally plated the dessert as per picture in the link, except I cheated and used a tubular chocolate filled wafer biscuit instead of the choclate pipe. I couldn't eat it all - it was so rich.

Date Posted: 27 July 2009 at 14:03
Margi that looks amazing *drool*

Am on very strict diet at the mo but i would love to try making that when i'm back to eating 'normal' food again.

Love baking and cooking, but it is SO annoying when you create loads of washing up

Date Posted: 27 July 2009 at 14:29
I haven't cooked anything properly in ages. All I've had today is half an Onken biopot yoghurt (the large one - strawberry flavour) and a cup of coffee. *dies*

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2009 at 14:08
I've just had BBQ beef Super Noodles for the first time in about a year. Amazing.

-------------

Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 30 July 2009 at 23:57
Miss Wrangler, you'll be wasting away!

Here's what I've had today:

No breakfast. Lunch was a double strength coffee and a chicken and pesto sandwich, packet of Revels. Dinner was Sag Aloo with rice (and no, it wasn't a take-away!)

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 16:14
I went to a conference after work on Friday and finished after lunch Saturday. The food was sensational. Sesfood buffet for dinner with lots of oysters, prawns, crabs and Balmain bugs. Full hot buffet breakfast and a great lunch too.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 07:20
what on earth are balmain bugs?  Sounds terrifying!!!

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 15:10
I was thinking that too!

I've only had two coffees today so far.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 16:32
Balmain bugs are members of the lobster family, often called a slipper lobster. If you've ever seen microspopic pictures of some bugs, they kind of look like that, except they are about 15 cm long.

Here's a link with piccies.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/saltwater/sw-species/balmain-bug - Balmain bugs

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 18:27
Well thank heavens for that!  I was thinking that you must have been in some sort of "I'm a Company Employee Get Me Out Of Here" type eating task!

You do know that the pic you linked to does the little blighter no favours?! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 20:48
It does look a bit like an enlargement of the mites that live in beds :boohoo:

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 11:14
They do don't they. That link probably didn't have the best picture. When the Balmain bugs are cooked they go an orange colour like other lobsters.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 11:23
I accompanied my sister to a gluten free expo today held by the Australian Coeliac Society(she is gluten intolerant). It was a good day. They had quite a few exhibitors with a wide range of gluten free foods to sample and sell. I must say I ate so many samples I didn't need lunch. The foods I saw and tasted today were so good compared to what was available when my sister was first diagnosed 9 years ago.
I ate lots of chocolate biscuits, crackers which almost tasted like regular crackers (my sister is sick of eating rice crackers and these were great), beef pie, sausage rolls (I went for 2 samples of these), muffins, cakes, marshmallows, banana bread, pizza bases.
My sister went prepared with her own shopping cart and a few spare shopping bags, for all the items she bought.

Print Page | Close Window