Forum Name: Soap Box
Forum Discription: From Eastenders to Emmerdale
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21195
Printed Date: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:27

Topic: Coronation Street
Posted By: maz007
Subject: Coronation Street
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 16:31
After a very long time of making his family's life a misery it looks like David is finally going to prison this week. 

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: James
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 17:09
Just enough time for him to get some practise in for DOI 2009.

-------------

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 17:16
haha you cynic you

Posted By: Catwoman
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 16:35
I think David is only going to prison short term well that is what I have read somewhere.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 22:22
He is a popular character so I doubt he would be gone for long nod

-------------

Posted By: Catwoman
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 22:26
I won't miss him.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 22:50
I thought he brought a certain amount of entertainment until recently when he became very dark and evil. 

-------------

Posted By: alison2345
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 17:06
I won't miss him either. 

-------------
Love Alison.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 21:09
When the lad that plays David now first came on the he show he was a sarcastic witty teenager. Then he seamed to turn into a Nutter over night.

-------------

Posted By: vw1983
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 15:34
im glad that storyline is done, was kinda dragging on a bit i thought....

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 22:09
Watched David being sentenced this eve 4 months are they having a laugh!! that definitely not enough. His cell mate was ace though. I would be worried if I was David LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 01:38
Hmmm that means I haven't seen Corrie in weeks. Last time I watched, Gail couldn't remember anything. She's clearly ok now so it's about time they did that two-hander with Norris and Blanche, Eastenders-style (just not as grey and miserable).

Just read that Maggie Jones, who plays Blanche, hurt her knee and shoulder yesterday in Manchester and will be off work for two weeks.

*volunteers to fill in*

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 11:47
Well looking at your avatar Chunks, you bear an uncanny resemblance to her LOL 

I thought the call mate was ace too, made me and Dancediva laugh anyway! 

Must say though that whatever you think of the character David - I think Jack P Shepherd is an excellent actor and portrays the character really well. 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 19:57
It's good to see Margi Clarke (playing Tyrones mum again) back in Corrie, I love her, she's fantastic. Also with new "Hollywood Smile". Brilliant actress.

-------------

Posted By: Shonzie
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 20:54
I agree with you Tilly its good that Margi Clarke is back in Corrie.From the way she was talking on This Morning shes had a bad time of it recently and it's good shes got her life back on track again

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 19:48

Yeah Margi Clarke is looking good, and Yes Tilly the teeth are looking very Simon Cowell. Hope she stays in for a while.

And Scary Brian does look scary Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 20:46
Haven't seen this for AGES but I like Margi Clarke so will try to catch it before I go to work.

WHERE IS THE NORRIS AND BLANCH TWO-HANDER, GRANADA? HMMM? Comedy gold!

-------------

Posted By: ajkb7926
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 18:54

what was that song norris had as his ringtone? i have been after it for ages!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 00:56
Hum it and I'll tell you if I know it.

-------------

Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 12:53
We just increased the number of free to air TV stations in NSW from 5 analog to 12 digital and Coronation Street and Emmerdale have started to air. Coronation Street did air here many, many years ago. I remember seeing a character who always wore a hair net. She reminded me of my grandmother.
I watched my first episode of Coronation Street and Emmerdale on Friday.

Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 17:07

Wow you must have been seriously behind on the plot-lines ... the woman with the hairnet was Ena Sharples!!!

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.corrie.net/profiles/characters/sharples_ena3.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.corrie.net/profiles/characters/sharples_ena.html&usg=__aNlH2TvgQRYZr4E9GKRrfaZKXi4=&h=100&w=75&sz=7&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=7y4uASVTXqm71M:&tbnh=82&tbnw=62&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dena%2Bsharples%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1 - http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.corrie.net/profiles/characters/sharples_ena3.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.corrie.net/profiles/characters/sharples_ena.html&usg=__aNlH2TvgQRYZr4E9GKRrfaZKXi4=&h=100&w=75&sz=7&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=7y4uASVTXqm71M:&tbnh=82&tbnw=62&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dena%2Bsharples%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

So where are you up to on Corrie and Emmerdale then?

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 13:13
I don't know the characters. What I saw was a female character with dark hair must have lost her car license and was looking for someone to drive for her. A shifty character was asked to deliver a car to someone and his cousin taking driving lessons and caused an accident. The publican sacked her mother and then reinstated her.

I think my statement about Coronation street was confusing - I meant I remember seeing the Ena Sharples character on Tv many years ago, but I never actually watched an episode then. I was a school student an caught glimpses of it when my mother occasionally watched it. The episode I watched the other day was a modern epsiode, but I can't remember what happened.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 23:58

Originally posted by MargiABC

......The publican sacked her mother and then reinstated her.

You must be talking about Coronation Street then, with Shelley and Bev Unwin (her Mum) behind the bar? 

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 00:32
I'm confused, I'm not sure. The Australian actress Emily ???who was in DOI a couple of years ago with Dan was also serving behind the bar.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 16:50

Ah Emmerdale then!  couldn't think of a publican mum and daughter in anything other than Corrie!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window