Forum Name: Soap Box
Forum Discription: From Eastenders to Emmerdale
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21109
Printed Date: 21 Oct 2017 at 09:48

Topic: Prisoner Cell Block H
Posted By: James
Subject: Prisoner Cell Block H
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:44
It is a soap. It's just set in the most amazing prison ever. Half the fun is spotting people from Home and Away and Neighbours (Harold's so THIN, well not really but much thinner than now, still got that chin though). Both the main governors were amazing and so classy, and I loved it when Bea got tired of being top dog and there was a bit of a battle with Margo Gaffney etc and it got to the ridiculous stage of Doreen being top dog or something. Then there's the Freak. The way they built the story up leading to her getting the nick herself was stupendous.

Right, everyone talk about Prisoner now *clasps hands to bosom and sighs*

Replies:
Posted By: Catwoman
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:58
When is it on the Telly?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:03
It was on five for a good while early in the morning but on itv for years before it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:09
I never saw it sorry Chunks.

Weren't they meant to be doing a remake with Christopher Eccleston in the lead role?

-------------

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:29
who could forget the corny music He used to send me roses haha

here is great music vid of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sgwmAp0d1o - Clicky

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:31
who the guy who did the Music aww that is sweet

-------------

Posted By: Laura
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 11:08
Was brilliant, it's absolutely criminal (see what i did there?) that it was never on earlier than 11.30pm

I'm sure Doreen (say it with 4 syllables) was engaged to Paul Robinson at some point!

I've just had a vision of Lizzie Birdsworth float before my eyes like a wee crotchety ape with her 70-a-day laugh. Bless.

Alf Roberts was a mad axe murderer early on, but sadly I missed that

Posted By: alto
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 23:28
Gosh I remember watching prisoner cell block H loved it, many of the cast from neighbour and home and away have been in it at some point.  How many remember vinegar t..'s the prison warden by she was evil.  Then there was  Bea (top dog), Debbie and the gov Erica Davidson but for me Lizzie the old lag was the best. 

Posted By: lisa
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 18:33
used to watch this years ago is it still on?
I rememeber vinegar t**s and Bea queen bea wasnt it?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 19:51
I'm not sure if it is still on it could be on UKGOLD, it was Bea but the inmates called her Queen Bea or top dog.  When I get a mo I'll have a look on youtube and see if there are any vids on there, it will be a trip down memory lane if there is.   

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 17:42
All 19 top dogs in chronological order!

[tube]LvUKwbJrT6k[/tube]

Posted By: Dans Chick
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 19:55
I was terrified of the Freak! I used to watch when I was a teenager hiding under my duvet when she came on!

-------------

Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 16:32
Oh I loved this - used to watch it when it was on really late at night years ago. Bren - thanks for the memory jog on the theme tune. Worrying that I can remember most of the lyrics without Googling!

He used to give me roses,
I wish he could again
But that was on the outside
and things were different then

On the inside the sun still shines
and the rain falls down
But the sun and rain are prisoners too
When morning comes around

Bring a tear, it does ...

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 22:30
True to my word I had a look on youtube and there are a few vids of Prisoner but I could not watch the Freak, she is enough to give me nightmares. 

Posted By: MargiABC
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 13:49
They released it on DVD last year in Australia for its 20 or 25th anniversary.

Posted By: vicki
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 18:43
omg, my mum used to watch this all the time lol ! i apparantly used to watch it with her when i was about 3!! how appropriate! i dont rememeber any of it though

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 19:22
I watched a few didn't the walls shake when they closed a door LOL

-------------

Posted By: lisa
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 22:53
lol Woo yes I remember that and they were always working in the laundry room

I used to like the theme tune twas sad

-------------

Posted By: chloej
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 15:14
wasn't the woman who plays susan kennady in prisoner c b h think she was locked up for killing her parents

-------------
chloe

Posted By: Tups
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 16:45
Originally posted by James

It was on five for a good while early in the morning but on itv for years before it. 
oh how I remember this.. staying up late to start videoing it cos we didn't understand the timer.. the whole family loved it (sad eh?).. there was war whenit was taken off for anything else.. waiting 2 weeks to find out what was happening was far too long!!!
<singing> "He used to bring me roses"......Whistle

Posted By: melonhead999
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:06
good old Vinegar Tits, best nickname ever in a TV show, I thought she was a far better baddy than the Freak, who was too pantomime

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:09
Vinegar Tits was brilliant but the Freak was far nastier. The whole set-up at the end of the show with her being arrested and thrown into Wentworth was one of the best endings to a show I've ever seen.

-------------

Posted By: moonshine
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 13:04
wonder if any chanell will put this show back on it was a great show would watch it again if it came back missed the very last ep as video recorder desided it would record bbc 1 not the itv 1 or what ever it was called when pcb h was on so never saw the last ep

-------------
moonshine

Posted By: sallyliao
Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 08:43
I'm sure Doreen (say it with 4 syllables) was engaged to Paul Robinson at some point!

-------------
http://microsoftoffice2007online.yackk.com/2011/05/06/microsoft-office-2007/ - Microsoft Office 2007 files compatible

Print Page | Close Window