Printed From: The Blue Room
Category: General
Forum Name: The Reading Room
Forum Discription: ALL NEW BLUEROOM BOOK CLUB
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17421
Printed Date: 24 Oct 2017 at 01:39

Topic: what are you currently reading?
Posted By: Laura
Subject: what are you currently reading?
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 15:32
Thought I'd start this otherwise we end up on loads of single book threads - and this one can just grow and grow

i'm currently reading:
Medea by Euripides
An excellent, extremely dramatic greek tragedy. I am reading it as part of an educational course, so i haven't quite disappeared up my own pretentious backside , next up is Wide Sargasso Sea - again for my studies. I've read it before and it's ok, but not exactly a fave.

THEN it's back to chick lit . In this month's She magazine there's a free book PLUS free bar of choccie - look out for that!

Replies:
Posted By: Jonnyboy
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 15:36
Currently Tom Holt - Only Human
first one of his to read and not overly getting into it it has to be sad.

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 15:51
About to start C J Sansom's "Winter in Madrid".

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 00:21
Loads of books and articles on editing Old English manuscript texts, particularly with reference to editions of Beowulf (for my studies).

For pleasure, I'm part way through Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere". 

Seem to be on a bit of a Gaiman roll at the moment - recently read "American Gods" and "Anansi Boys", both of which were excellent.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 09:56
I've read most of gaiman's books, he is a very funny writer, Anansi boys is my favorite though I think

-------------

Posted By: Bren
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 10:16
Just finished  Master of Souls by Peter Tremayne

I enjoyed it read Lepers Bell earlier in the year too really reading them out of sequence but if you like mysteries based in ancient Ireland you will enjoy

-------------

Posted By: Pippa
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 23:42
I'm currently reading a Lynda La Plante, above suspision, read Bella Mafia, cold shoulder, cold blood and cold heart and a few other stand alone books, but this seems to be good so far.

-------------

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 00:07
I'm almost finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Loving that. I've also just started Evil Beyond Belief, about the Yorkshire Ripper. Recently I got halfway through The Plot Against America by Philip Roth but to be honest, not a lot is happening so I've put that to one side. I'm terrible for doing that. Did the same with Fatherland by Robert Harris and Tales Of The City by Armistead Maupin. Fatherland seems ok but I'm not doing any more than two books at a time, and with TOTC I've already watched most of the series on dvd so it seems a bit pointless now.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 00:15
I got afew of Richard and Judy's best reads but found them quite slow, The interpritation of murder was ok, but only got half way, the girls was very slow, Restless, William Boyd was good, aout a spy, but I gave up then, thought they'd possibly picked them blind, but that's my opinion!
xxx 

-------------

Posted By: lisa
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 15:39
Originally posted by Laura

THEN it's back to chick lit . In this month's She magazine there's a free book PLUS free bar of choccie - look out for that!

oh must look out for that cheers Laura
well mines totally chick lit books mostly
nearly finished, Where Have All The Boys Gone by Jenny Colgan,   brill
not sure what to read next
Think I might read, The Pact by Jodi Piculot [sp]

-------------

Posted By: d0lphin
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 22:52
I've just started Angel's Rest by Charles Davis, it's supposed to be a bit like To Kill a Mockingbird which is a great recommendation! It seems really good so far.

-------------

Posted By: Hannah!x
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 23:00
I'm Quite Alot Younger Than Others here i guess [ teen years ]

but i still Love Reading I'm reading at the Mo

Best Freinds For Never
a Clique Novel By Lisa Harrison

Its Not Really Anyting Like Other Moden Teen Girl Books Its Really Good i'm only part way through but it tells a normal girls life how it is rather than all about being popular and that Really good Book !

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 23:30
Originally posted by lisa

Originally posted by Laura

The Pact is really good, read it a while ago but certainly kept you guessing till the end, the only thing was it kept jumping from now to 20 years ago, or where they were in their lives, which was a bit confusing.
x

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2007 at 10:47
The Midnight Side - Natasha Mostert, fantastic read

-------------

Posted By: supergeek
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 15:21
What we believe but cannot prove, from various sources

-------------
http://www.imagehosting.com">

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 17:21
Originally posted by Pippa

The Pact is really good, read it a while ago but certainly kept you guessing till the end, the only thing was it kept jumping from now to 20 years ago, or where they were in their lives, which was a bit confusing.x

I am LOVING The Pact, its a really good read, should be finished today, can't wait to see the outcome, the other book of Jodi's I read was My Sisters Keeper, I enjoyed that one but the Pact is better imo.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2007 at 14:25
My favourite one by Jodi Picoult is Keeping Faith but I also liked The Pact and My Sisters Keeper. Plain Truth is really good too.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 14:01
I'm on the look out for more of her books, Her new one Nineteen Minutes is out now ,have you read that?

The Pact was amazing, brilliant read I would recommend it to everyone and no its not chicklit

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 23:51
I'm currently reading Jeffrey Archer, False Impression, it's actually set around the time of 9/11, but it's 7 different things that happen, that are all related in a weird way, half way through and so far brilliant.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2007 at 12:56
Still reading that Yorkshire Ripper one. It goes into so much detail about everyone involved and I'm still only halfway through. Next puchase (on Friday) is Season Of The Witch. Thanks to Jon for bringing it to our attention, it's right up my street. And Natasha is very nice too (according to the lovely reply she left me on myspace).

*EDIT* Can I just recommend In Cold Blood to everyone? Takes a few chapters to get into but it's well worth it.

-------------

Posted By: matt+dan=win
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 17:52
I am reading the darren shan trilogy's at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 22:48
just finished West End Girls by Jenny Colgan going to start The Tenth Circle By Jodi Picolut next.

-------------

Posted By: salasally
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 02:20
I'm very embarressed to say i'm reading a real chicklit book called "can you keep a secret?" by Sophie Kinsella. I'm really enjoying it

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 22:43
I've read that salasally great read, have you read any of her Shopaholic books? they are good to

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 22:50
hiya lisa, phew atleast i'm not on my own with my enjoyment of chick lit then....
yeah i read the first of the shopoholic books and really enjoyed it! We've got the entire shopoholics series i think so when i get chance i'll read them.

have you read any jill mansell or catherine alliott books lisa? they're two very funny authors as well      

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 22:56
got one of jill mansell's to read Still Thinking of you [I think] just never fancie reading it don't know why, I must give it a go

oh I could be here all night about chick lit

just read Jenny Colgan's latest it was a good read.

not read any catherine alliott I'll look out for her

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:01
i loved catherine alliotts "the old girl network" it was the first one of hers i read. If you get chance then give it a go!

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:03
I love Sophie Kinsella's books, I've read all of the Shopaholics (apart from the brand new one) so many times and Can you keep a secret is really good too.    

Why are people embarrassed about chick lit? I'm not the most avid reader of it but I think a lot of it is still really good story telling.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:11
Originally posted by ashleigh

Why are people embarrassed about chick lit? I'm not the most avid reader of it but I think a lot of it is still really good story telling.

don't know why people are embarrassed, I think alot of people think you are not really intelligent if you read chick lit but thats not the case reading is about enjoying the book aswell

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:16
Exactly what I think too.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 16:42

just finished West End Girls by Jenny Colgan going to start The Tenth Circle By Jodi Picolut next.

I want to read that you will have to say if it is any good and where can you get it from?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 21:45
Originally posted by matt+dan=win

I want to read that you will have to say if it is any good and where can you get it from?

which book are you on about? I got both from Tesco

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 21:49
I've read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (and most of her other books).   You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I'm just about to start her latest book, the one with "19 minutes" in the title.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 21:57
really getting into The Tenth Circle, I found it hard going to start, I bought nineteen minutes the other day.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 22:18
Just starting to read 6th Target, by James Patterson, read the first 5 and there fab, so hopefully this one will be to. Really enjoy his Alex Cross series as well.

-------------

Posted By: Catwoman
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 21:24
I have just started reading Rupert Everett's Autobiography it's really interesting.  But the book I have just read was A Place called here by Celiea Ahern it was a really good book.LOL

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 16:32

Originally posted by matt+dan=win

which book are you on about? I got both from Tesco

Tenth Circle.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 21:02
well I'm really enjoying it but it all depends how old you are [don't tell me]
I wouldnt say its a book for younger readers touches on some subjects not suitable for some.
cracking read though just love her books

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 15:39
"This Book Will Save Your Life" by A.M.Homes.

PROBABLY the best book I will read all year. Quirky tale about a man whose life is so regimented that he has lost track of all he values and whose life is transformed by a mysterious crippling pain which causes him to end up at the ER, and then to a chance encounter with a Doughnut maker who helps him change , and perhaps save, his life. Some laugh out loud moments in a book that COULD become a classic. It has already been compared to "Catch-22" and "Catcher in the rye".

-------------

Posted By: lena4stefan
Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 22:04
I'm currently reading Persuasion by jane Austen (trying to broaden my intellectual horizons), and Deception point by Dan Brown. I can't seem to get into that like all of the other Dan Brown books though- he is my favourite author at the moment. I think the two best books I've ever read are The Da Vinci Code by dan Brown, and Don't Wake Me at Doyles by Maura Murphy- about an Irish woman who moved with her husband and 9 children to Birmingham, and basically her life story. It's very interesting and also kind of apt for me, being of Irish descent and coming from Birmingham. I don't think anyone else will have read that though as it's not that well known I don't think. I've also read recently A Child Called it by dave Pelzer and The Little Prisoner by Jane Elliot- both about children who were abused by their parents.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 17:59

really getting into The Tenth Circle, I found it hard going to start, I bought nineteen minutes the other day.

I found The Tenth Circle quite hard too .... not one of her better books. Have just finished "Nineteen Minutes" - recommended and, like many of her books, there's a twist at the end!   

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 20:16
I finished the 6th Target, by James Patterson, it was fab, as normal.

Just starting 'Close' by Martina Cole, not sure how it's gonna pan out as her last few have been poor, so we'll see.

Will let you all know.

xx

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 22:28
Originally posted by Butterfly

I found The Tenth Circle quite hard too .... not one of her better books. Have just finished "Nineteen Minutes" - recommended and, like many of her books, there's a twist at the end!   

I enjoyed Tenth Circle but not as much as The Pact, it was a bit strange in places looking forward to Nineteen Minutes. I also have Perfect Match by Jodi to read Have you read that?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2007 at 00:50
I am also now reading eragon peter pan and the star catchers rebel cargo my story of the titanic evil star and ravens gate.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2007 at 12:28
Recently finished Nevewhere by Neil Gaiman (fantastic read).
Just started Patricia Cornwell's At Risk.  Haven't made my mind up about it yet.

Between those I took my regular monthly dose of Spiderman, Batman, Superman, and X-Men comic books.  They were great fun as usual.
(Yes, I am 40 and still read comics) Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2007 at 17:05
Lisa, I've read all of Jodi Picoult's books. The only one I didn't enjoy was The Tenth Circle. She's got a few more coming out this year. Jodi Picoult is also on Gloria Hunningford's programme early tomorrow (Sunday), BBC1.

Date Posted: 05 May 2007 at 20:19
I've just started Broken by Martina COle.
Will look out for Jodi Picoult onGloria Hunniford tomorrow, thanks for th info.

I didn't think the Tenth Circle was one of her best but not the worst either, it got better as it went on.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2007 at 22:49
will look out for her on Gloria H show in the morning Thanks Butterfly

she has quite a few books doesnt she? I have been looking on her website

Do you know the titles of the ones she has out this year?
I was reading about The Death Row book, I think thats due out this year.

I'm reading The Godmother by Carrie Adams at the minute.

-------------

Posted By: ice girl
Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 23:15

take that

-------------
i love dancing on ice

Date Posted: 12 May 2007 at 14:23
Finished At Risk a couple of days ago.  Not one of Cornwell's best (long way down the list, actually) - more like an extended short story than a novel and nowhere near the number of twists that I'd normally expect. On the contrary, the twists were predictable in the extreme.  Roll%20eyes

Now re-reading Neil Gaiman's book of short stories "Smoke & Mirrors".  Can't remember much as I originally read them several years ago so it's like reading them for the first time again, which is great.  Big%20smile

-------------

Posted By: Jens
Date Posted: 12 May 2007 at 21:40

[QUOTE=Laura]

The Pact is really good, read it a while ago but certainly kept you guessing till the end, the only thing was it kept jumping from now to 20 years ago, or where they were in their lives, which was a bit confusing.x[/QUOTE

I have read most of Jodi Picoults books, the pact was good, but i think the best book i have read by Jodi Picoult was My sisters keeper.

-------------
Jen :)

Date Posted: 12 May 2007 at 21:47

I got afew of Richard and Judy's best reads but found them quite slow, The interpritation of murder was ok, but only got half way, the girls was very slow, Restless, William Boyd was good, aout a spy, but I gave up then, thought they'd possibly picked themblind, but that's my opinion!
xxx

I have just finished reading the girls, i agree at first i found it slow but have to admit i did get into it in the end. I'm reading my best friends girl at the mo, about two best friends, one has a fling with the other ones husband which results in a child, they stop talking but the friend whose husband it was receives a letter from the other one years later and tells her she's dying and wants her to adopt her child.. that's as far as ive got at the mo... seems good though!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2007 at 22:23
I have read My Best Friends Girl Jens its a good book

Going to start Perfect Match Jodi Picoult.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2007 at 19:53
It seems good so far Lisa, i got that and Perfect Match from the library so that's my next read... then i'll probably read nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult

-------------

Posted By: witty
Date Posted: 15 May 2007 at 15:48
A boy called it by Dave pelser (its the triolgy so has 3 storys) and its a good read :)

-------------

http://moods.proboards41.com/index.cgi

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 00:29
Originally posted by witty

A boy called it by Dave pelser (its the triolgy so has 3 storys) and its a good read :)

i've read all three of these books and yes found them a good read but truly truly disturbing as well.How could anybody do those things to a child, especially a mother treat her son like that?! The abuse he was forced to endure was just horrific

Posted By: witty
Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 15:30
i've read all three of these books and yes found them a good read but truly truly disturbing as well.How could anybody do those things to a child, especially a mother treat her son like that?! The abuse he was forced to endure was just horrific

i agree it was very sad it was one of them books you cudnt put down and had to keep on reading.......i admire dave for telling hes stroy and admire him for who he is today and the fact that he is trying to help others that have been abused in some way .........i hear he has wrote more books? but i havnt seen them and wudnt know where to get them :( but i wud deffo like to read them .

-------------

http://moods.proboards41.com/index.cgi

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 13:31
Originally posted by Jens

It seems good so far Lisa, i got that and Perfect Match from the library so that's my next read... then i'll probably read nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult

reading Perfect Match and having son's myself find it quite hard to read at times, really good though she has me drawn in and I can't put it down, next one to read by Jodi is Salem Fall's.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 15:27
I've now read all of Jodi Picoult's books ..... currently reading the instruction manual for my new digital camera. I could be reading this for some time!

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 20:59

I've now read all of Jodi Picoult's books ..... currently reading the instruction manual for my new digital camera. I could be reading this for some time!

@ Butterfly, Have you read The Godmother? really good read

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 21:08
Have just had to look this one up on Amazon! Do you mean the one by Carrie Adams? From the blurb, possibly not my sort of book, I tend not to read chicklit books.

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 00:06
Its not really chick lit, yes its funny etc but its a really moving book had me in floods of tears at times. normally I give my friends my books after I have read them but not this one I will re read this at some stage one of my favourites.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 17:22
what an easy h/w i got finished reading book and do a review and it s in for 3 odd weeks it was and i said to my english teacher it would be done by the end of the week and she said it wont and i said you wanna bet and she betted 20 I wouldn't and I did lol. Iread the ast three hundred pages in two days and did the report the next day i handed it in lol. soi got 20 lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 19:44

Butterfly!! I got a digital camera for xmas, didn't actually read the instruction manual though i've found in most cases the best way is trial and error!! Never have been good with instructions!!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2007 at 17:43
I've just finished The Devil Wears Prada which was predictable enough but still enjoyable. Before that it was The Woman In Black, a lovely creepy ghost story. It's not very long so I whizzed right through it. Has anyone seen the stage version of this? I wanted to go last year but it was a bit short notice so couldn't. I hear it's quite scary.

I'm onto Loop now, which is the third part of the Ring trilogy.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:08
Nope haven't seen the stage version but know people who have and they said its great and very scary.

Currently reading Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow, its not out in the shops yet but its very different thats for sure!
Its a werewolf story, set in modern day and very different from your normal werewolf type of thing...but most importantly the whole novel is written in prose! Would recommend for when it gets in the shops.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:10
more info here and the first chapter: http://www.sharpteeth.co.uk - http://www.sharpteeth.co.uk
Entry Code: LA365

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2007 at 20:10

I've read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (and most of her other books).   You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I'm just about to start her latest book, the one with "19 minutes" in the title.
I've just read the Tenth Circle- it's the first book of hers that I've read. I thought it was quite good  but the bits in/about Alaska got a bit boring IMO and I didn't think the end did the rest of the book justice- I knew who killed him by 2/3 of the way through so I thought they gave tou too many clues. I thought it was a good plot and storyline though and an enjoyable read overall.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2007 at 20:40
Don't let this put you off Jodi Picoult's books. The Tenth Circle was my least favourite and I found it quite boring in parts - her other books are much better.

Date Posted: 31 May 2007 at 13:01
I agree Butterfly, fav so far has to be The Pact try and read that one lena, also liked Perfect Match the twists were super.

-------------

Posted By: jelly25
Date Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:32
Just read the Pact,I couldn't put it down sigh,more late nights, but worth it.

Date Posted: 12 June 2007 at 18:40
Jodi Picoult has another "new" book out (just found out it was published in January) called "Second Glance" .... I've reserved it at the library:

When a plot of land is being developed in Vermont against the will of a local Native American tribe, strange things begin to happen - and Ross Wakeman, a paranormal investigator, is asked to get involved. He's a desperate drifter who's taken up ghost hunting in an effort to cross paths again with his fiancee, who died in a car crash eight years ago, but he has yet to experience anything even remotely paranormal. Then Ross meets Lia...As a seventy-year-old murder case is reopened, a shocking secret about a crime of passion long past is revealed.

Date Posted: 13 June 2007 at 03:12
Is Jodi Picoult a supernatural type then?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2007 at 15:35
No! Most of her books start off with some sort of crime and then about the last third is devoted to the court case. They're usually page turning and quite often there's a twist at the end.

Posted By: alto
Date Posted: 20 June 2007 at 22:26
I'v just read the tenth circle, it was better than I thought it would be.  The next 2 books for me to read are honey moon by amy jenkins and lonely hearts by john harvey.  Don't have a clue what they are about, start to read them some time this week.

-------------

Posted By: supergeek
Date Posted: 23 June 2007 at 00:19
I'm reading Lord of the Flies at the moment. I find it incredibly interesting and engaging and can see aspects of boys I know in the characters as well as noting the emphasis on civilisations and control

-------------
http://www.imagehosting.com">

Date Posted: 23 June 2007 at 08:37
I'm reading Lucy In The Sky BY Paige Toon, very chick lit

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 14:26
I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince again in preparation for the 7th book next month...can't wait

-------------

Posted By: xSophx
Date Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:34

The Notebook

-------------
strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Date Posted: 25 June 2007 at 15:40
Couldn't get into Jodi Picoult's "Second Glance", which was written several years ago.

-------------

Posted By: xSophx
Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 15:00
Chantelle-Living The Dream

-------------
strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Date Posted: 10 July 2007 at 20:05
Ive just finished my best friends girl and have just started reading marshmellows for breakfast, did enjoy my best friends girl so hoping this one will be just as good!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2007 at 12:08
Just finished Keeping Faith, and Whitethorn Woods, both very good but in totaly different ways.

Date Posted: 14 July 2007 at 13:41

have just started reading marshmellows for breakfast, !

Just bought that book today Jens, can't wait to read it I loved Best Friends Girl.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2007 at 20:03
Seems to be good so far Lisa.. although i think i'm only up to about chapter 4!!

-------------

Posted By: lozdude1607
Date Posted: 17 July 2007 at 16:23
im reading a book called "the boy and the striped pyjamas" is it a real sad story. :( had me crying a few times.

Date Posted: 20 July 2007 at 12:07
currently reading Beautiful Child, by Tory Hayden, would most definatly recommend it,,,

Date Posted: 29 July 2007 at 20:11
I've had to stop reading Marshmellows for breakfast and move on to the last Harry Potter book as everyone in work keeps threatening to tell me what happens as does my mother and random strangers on the bus!! am so caught up in all the hype lol!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2007 at 20:58

I've had to stop reading Marshmellows for breakfast and move on to the last Harry Potter book as everyone in work keeps threatening to tell me what happens as does my mother and random strangers on the bus!! am so caught up in all the hype lol!!

snap Jens! I got to chapter 5 [I think] of MfB and couldnt consentrate[sp] so I started Harry, I'm half way through still no spoiler YET, my son knows and he is keeping quite, I think he knows he will be in trouble if he tells me

Date Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:28
I've just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Poor Harry, all those deaths he's seen over the years, losing his parents and living with the relations from hell too ..... and not a counsellor or social services in sight.   

Posted By: TMAZJ
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 22:28
I recently read My Best Friend's girl and loved it, so now I'm on Marshmallows for breakfast. It's good so far, can't wait to find out what the twist is. This is a bit fluffy for me as I'm usually into Martina Cole and Mandasue Heller, but I am enjoying it!

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 22:49
I'm back to Marshmallows for breakfast after finishing last potter book I stayed up till 3.20am last night just had to find out how it ended.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 17:09
well Lisa don't say what happens yet!!! Lol!! I'm half way through!! Am trying to read it fast but i always end up too tired to be bothered!! and then thinking ive got to be up at 6.15am doesn't help!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 22:37
Originally posted by jelly25

currently reading Beautiful Child, by Tory Hayden, would most definatly recommend it,,,

I've read a couple of her books, One Child and Tiger's Child, about the little girl who came to her class and then they met up again years later. As a rule I don't go near these kinds of books but the first one had me crying at the end (quietly to myself, mind). If you're interested, Torey Hayden has a message board http://www.torey-hayden.com/forum.htm - here
_popupControl(); _popupControl();

-------------

Posted By: tim_tim
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 23:18

after finishing the final harry potter book i am doing a re-read of the whole series. im on chamber of secrets at the moment!! my least favourite of the series but still essential to the overall plot.Smile

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 14:25
finished Marshmallows for breakfast not sure what to read next might go for a Jodi Picoult one, I got Mercy yesterday

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 17:35
Originally posted by Chunks

Originally posted by jelly25

I've read a couple of her books, One Child and Tiger's Child, about the little girl who came to her class and then they met up again years later. As a rule I don't go near these kinds of books but the first one had me crying at the end (quietly to myself, mind). If you're interested, Torey Hayden has a message board http://www.torey-hayden.com/forum.htm - here
_popupControl(); _popupControl();

I've also read One Child and Beautiful Child, and I agree that they are very moving and I would recommend them both. It's incredible to read about how the child progresses in both books and they are real tearjerkers.

I'm currently reading (for about the third time) Polly's Angel by Katie Flynn- a wartime book following the life of a young girl, set mainly in Liverpool-has anyone read any of her books?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 09:47
started nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult, wow looks like another cracking read.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 13:14
Nineteen Minutes is really good. We were in France last week and they had some of Jodi Picoult's books (in English) that I haven't been able to get yet over here. They were too expensive to buy though.

Am currently reading the Richard and Judy bookclub "Relentless" ..... definitely edge-of-the-seat reading.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 18:16
Have you tried ebay Butterfly? you can get the one's unavilable in the UK on there sometimes. I am after Harvesting The Heart
can't put nineteen minutes down been reading all afternoon.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window