Forum Name: Strictly Come Dancing - past
Forum Discription: all the shows
URL: http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14920
Printed Date: 19 Oct 2017 at 04:51

Topic: Tonights Live Show 28th October
Posted By: Bren
Subject: Tonights Live Show 28th October
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 17:14
There ya go spots thread started well in advance have new screen grab thing so may get some good pics tonight

Replies:
Posted By: spotster
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 17:16
Bless you, Bren

Just gearing myself up for the start

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 17:55
Hmmm Emma wasn't very good - and the camera at the start didn't help!

Mmmmm Matt does leave me cold - and he suffers from 'sportsman's arms'.

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:12
Anton & Jan much better - that looked a fairly 'traditional' foxtrot to me?? But why did Anton 'cop a feel' at the end when his hand ended up clutching a boob

Just shows how much better a couple look when the professional knows what he's doing!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:21
Jeeeezzzzzzzzzz where's the cold shower????????

I've gone all a-quiver at Mark. In parts he looked better than Karen

Now that was GOOD!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:35
Carol wasn't half bad......

Georgina pulled it off better tonight.....
(Though why the judges are slagging the werewolf off when Georgina's blasted him in the papers.....????)

This is looking close tonight - so far. Close in terms of public voting that is....

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:42
Aww pity poor Peter - I blame the music

I'm going to have to vote for him - we can't lose another man tonight!!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:49
Little Louisa left me a bit cold. There's something of the cute dolly about her rather than a ballroom dancer...

Ooo errr old Len's 'avin a go!!

More hot stuff from Ray!! But the music was naff.
Hmmmm what is 'flatulating'?
Just shows what a difference a cape makes!!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:04
Claire & Brendan looked good - very in keeping with a foxtrot. Refreshing change for them - and a decent hairstyle for Claire for once

Blimey, what's up with the judges' votes????

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:07
STRICTLY COME DANCING SHOW 4 28th OCTOBER

Tonightís show sees the girls dancing foxtrot and the guys Paso Doble and first to dance is

Emma and Darren dancing the foxtrot good routine good top but keep getting the feeling she is doing odd foot wrong but we canít see but from what you can see does look quite good but im sure the feet are wrong somewhere

Total Marks: 30

Now to Matt and Lilia dancing the Paso Doble to start I hate his costume, and loathe the music! Half the dance is not being danced to a paso rhythm, This is not good Matt definitely not a Latin dancer me thinks (Knowing judges it will be over marked as lilia always seems to be.)

Total Marks: 28 (grossly overmarked)

Jan and Anton are next, dancing the foxtrot, itís ok but stumbling in places and she looks nervous which is stopping it from flowing and hold is gappy too but probably her best so far !

Total Marks: 24 (Len and Bruno loosing it )

Now to Mark and Karen dancing the Paso Doble, Totally off the topic but what is Karen wearing ! much more Paso in this than Mattís but there is something I find off putting with Mark donít know what it is not keen on music but overall a good performance

Total: 35 (marked too high 7 or 8ís yes but 9!!!)

Itís the turn of Carol and the lovely Matt! Nice start , and nice dancing too soft and its flowing sometimes Iím not keen on Carolís head but for me the best foxtrot so far. Though I think Len doesnít like Matt letís see how he marks!

Total marks : 29 Ė a disgrace they got less than Emma !!1

Over to Georgina and James dancing the Foxtrot, has to be said this is her best performance so far, on a par with Janís foxtrot (which was overmarked) letís see what the judges say.

Total Marks: 26 wow they beat Anton

Next is Pete and Erin I hate Mission Impossible as a Paso what happened to using Laí Compasita ? Sorry but for me it was Frankensteinís Monster meets Paso I donít mean to be cruel but he is doing nothing !! Totally lacking for me and should be lowest by far !!!

Total Marks: 19

Over to Louisa and Vincent (swoon at Vincent) dancing the foxtrot good hold and looks good up top but not flowing like Matt and Carolís for me and there are mistakes too Ė by the way the judges are making tonight they will overmark this.

Total Marks: 24

Now itís Ray and Camilla More dreadful Paso Music, makes it hard to see the dance for me, but this is best Paso, but Mark so overmarked and this doesnít deserve more than 7 or 8 so how are they going to mark it.

Total Marks: 30

Claire and Brendan next, dancing the foxtrot, Nice start but dance does not flow very gappy but itís a good attempt and I would have marked it higher than Jan and Louisaís but Claire did make that mistake obvious. Brendan btw is right about the judges losing the plot I too think they have tonight.

Total Marks: 24

In summary I am disappointed this year with the judges and the Paso music in total was joke how can emma be second on the night a joke!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:08
as you see from my comments spots I too disagree with the judges widely alot tonight

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:08
but dont agree about mark btw

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:15
Originally posted by Bren

but dont agree about mark btw

S'ok, I won't make you an honorary member of my new Mark fansite I thought his paso had a showmanship which maybe as a non-dancer I enjoyed more than an experienced dancer would?

I think a lot of the music was 'off' in terms of the dances - though I'm darned if I can remember what half the songs were now Will come back to that when you put up the list of who danced to what.

Posted By: killersbee
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:21

Well 1 of my favourites is in the middle!

I pray that Lousia doesn't go

and how unfair they were 2 Peter & Erin

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:26
Peter and Erin were awful and got what they deserved

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:27
Here ya go write up from offical site

Strictly Come Dancing News 28 October 2006 The Fourth Show

Ten couples left, and the competition is hotting up.

After the surprise exit of Spoony and Ola last week, the ten remaining couples knew they had to give their all to stay in the running.

This week the dances were the Foxtrot, for the female-led couples, and the Paso Doble for the male-led ones.

Stepping up first were Emma and Darren, foxtrotting to One by Chorus Line. Pretty in pink, Emma gave a high-kicking performance with none of the slip-ups of the previous week. But both Len and Bruno were disappointed. "You can light up the room, but the footwork wasn't as good as it should have been tonight." said Bruno. "I loved it," disagreed Craig.

Votes: Craig: 8, Arlene: 7, Len: 7, Bruno: 8 = 30

First on the dancefloor for the men was Matt with partner Lilia, for a bit of Paso Doble fire to Meatloaf's I Would Do Anything For Love. All the judges agreed that Matt was wonderfully masterful, but they weren't sure about his hands. "Sometimes you're the man of La Mancha, then you're the man of Manchester," said Bruno. Arlene agreed, but pointed out that Matt had been "leading Lilia around the dancefloor as if he owned it." Only Craig liked Matt's hand movements. "It's a style decision!" he argued. Hmm... maybe, Craig.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 7, Len: 7, Bruno: 7 = 28

Jan and Anton took on a classic with their Foxtrot - Sinatra's Night and Day. The judges were certainly more impressed than last week. "The fox is out of the cage!" said Bruno, though he added that Jan was still making mistakes. "It had smoothness, it had elegance," agreed Len, who had some constructive advice too. "Just relax, and enjoy the experience."

Votes: Craig: 5, Arlene: 5, Len: 7, Bruno: 7 = 24

Next came some top cape action from Mark and Karen to the Paso Doble from Strictly Ballroom. It clearly wowed the panel. "You must have been a dancer in another life, and once again you ignited my fire," Arlene said. "Fantastic!" agreed Len, and Bruno added that it had been, "a killer of a Paso Doble".

Votes: Craig: 8, Arlene: 9, Len: 9, Bruno: 8 = 34

Carol and Matthew strutted their stuff with a Foxtrot to Lionel Richie's Stuck On You. As usual, the judges weren't stuck on finding something to say. "Very elegant and pretty routine... I would have liked to see a few more challenging steps," said Craig. "Dancing around on one leg for about twenty minutes isn't challenging" exploded Len. "Best foxtrot so far." he declared.

Votes: Craig: 6, Arlene: 7, Len: 8, Bruno: 8 = 29

Another Foxtrot followed, as Georgina and James danced to Robbie Williams' version of Have You Seen Miss Jones. Having come next to last the previous week, the couple were hoping for good news from the panel. They got it. "The mess of the other week has transformed to something gorgeous," exclaimed Bruno. "I see a light at the end of the tunnel," agreed Arlene. Even the downbeat Craig commented that Georgina was "much, much better."

Votes: Craig: 5, Arlene: 6, Len: 8, Bruno: 7 = 26

The Mission Impossible Theme provided the soundtrack to Peter and Erin's Paso Doble. The judges didn't enjoy their performance. "The music was the best thing about that routine," declared Craig. "Hideous." Even nice Len agreed. "Paso Doble? You couldn't pass a tortoise. It lacked all the fire and spirit." And the votes reflected this, with the couple coming lowest of the evening.

Votes: Craig: 2, Arlene: 5, Len: 6, Bruno: 6 = 19

They were followed by Louisa and Vincent, Foxtrotting to Take Another Little Piece of my Heart With You. The panel was split - in fact they nearly came to blows over this performance. "You guys look as if you've been dancing for years," said Craig. "I didn't find any harmony in the way you danced together," disagreed Arlene. "You made it look like hard work." Bruno was outraged. "You did very very well, your chemistry was perfect," he shouted.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 5, Len: 6, Bruno: 8 = 26

Next Ray and Camilla showed off their mettle to some heavy metal, performing the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi's It's My Life. "You have masculinity pouring out of every pore of your body." exclaimed a thrilled Arlene. Len agreed that the dance had passion, but was disappointed by the technical standard. "For me there wasn't enough content of Paso Doble." And for once, Craig agreed with him.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 8, Len: 7, Bruno: 8 = 30

And finally, Claire and Brendan took the last dance with a Foxtrot to Neil Diamond song Sweet Caroline. With time running out the judges quickly fired off their comments. "How disappointing, no filth," said Craig. "But it had everything else, all the class." "Stick to the dirty stuff and leave the elegant stuff to others." added Len. And Bruno's comment that the couple needed polish had Brendan in a rage. "You're losing the plot", he despaired.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 4, Len: 6, Bruno: 7 = 24

The judges have had their say, but what do you think? Dial the corresponding number for the couple you want to save:

-------------

Posted By: killersbee
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:33

Peter and Erin were awful and got what they deserved

Well Peter or no Peter,

Georgina's gotta go

and if Jan does not go out soon, the competition will get sleepy

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:41
oh agree would prefer jan or georgina to go but peter was dire

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:45

Emma and Darren, foxtrotting to One by Chorus Line.

If I rememeber rightly, this was a good choice but very badly sung.

Matt with partner Lilia, for a bit of Paso Doble fire to Meatloaf's I Would Do Anything For Love.

Bad choice and badly sung.

Jan and Anton took on a classic with their Foxtrot - Sinatra's Night and Day.

Good choice - a real classic.

Mark and Karen to the Paso Doble from Strictly Ballroom.

I thought this a good choice - well I've seen the film often enough

Carol and Matthew strutted their stuff with a Foxtrot to Lionel Richie's Stuck On You.

Good choice.

Another Foxtrot followed, as Georgina and James danced to Robbie Williams' version of Have You Seen Miss Jones.

Good choice.

The Mission Impossible Theme provided the soundtrack to Peter and Erin's Paso Doble.

You couldn't have picked a worse piece of music if you tried I was waiting for a judge to make a quip about 'Mission Improbable'

They were followed by Louisa and Vincent, Foxtrotting to Take Another Little Piece of my Heart With You.

OK choice but it didn't quite work - maybe because they were too, oh I dunno......

Next Ray and Camilla showed off their mettle to some heavy metal, performing the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi's It's My Life.

Rotten choice.

And finally, Claire and Brendan took the last dance with a Foxtrot to Neil Diamond song Sweet Caroline.

Very good choice.

I dunno, is there actually a band and singers this year? Can't say I've actually noticed either! And Brucey hasn't introduced them.......

Posted By: anna
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:50
spotster I do agree with you. Mark was fantastic.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:52
me thinks Mark is so good looking on the floor people dont see his faults - and he does look good, but to be 5 points clear - no way

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:54
agree with the comments on music spots except for the strictly music I hate it cos its flamenco and not paso best music for me tonights was carol and matts

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 20:22

agree with the comments on music spots except for the strictly music I hate it cos its flamenco and not paso best music for me tonights was carol and matts

Ah, I see about the flamenco - well cos you've explained it

What is 'classic' Paso music? Would it be something like Toreador from Carmen?

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 20:26
la comprasita I have it on mp3 gonna try and post it or will email it to you - you have to hear the difference - most classical passo's are phrased for the dance with highlights in the right places

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 20:54

la comprasita I have it on mp3 gonna try and post it or will email it to you - you have to hear the difference - most classical passo's are phrased for the dance with highlights in the right places

Oh I'd like to hear that - if you can't post it PM me and I'll let you have my email (dunno which one I used to sign up with on here!!)

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 21:01
ok give me 10 mins pm me your email in the mean time

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 23:23
Horrific paso music, bon jovi? why oh why?

Though mission impossible was probably the most ridiculous choice. The whole dance was just turned into a joke. How can you take yourself seriously when you're meant to be emulating a bull fight with meat loaf or bon jovi blasting out. I dunno. Disappointing night.

-------------

Posted By: Aida
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 23:46
Thought all the music was shocking tonight - and though I tried very hard to concentrate, I became fixated on Romper's bald spot and the sheer number of teeth in La Hardy's mouth - I'm now certain she has 45 in the upper jaw alone.
Think Baby Bunter is a tiresome bore who the judges wouldn't 'big-up' unless she was pushing a lousy cover version of a lousy song for Children in Need.
Loved Ray, the man is gorgeous and he can come and play Escamillo to my Carmen any time he likes - felt sorry for Peter - nobody could have danced to that dire music - who else was there - Oh yes - that Louisa kid - I don't like her or her fixed grin and she always looks on the point of falling down - I suppose I'll have to like Vincente though - sangue al sangue - Anton and Jan - lousy - the fool Georgina and the Werewolf - lousy but not as lousy as Monsieur du Smarm - liked Clare and Brendan because they looked okay to me and they make me laugh.
If I've forgotten anyone it's because I was toooooo booooored to remember them - has there ever been a series with such uncharismatic 'celebrities'.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 00:15
Thoughts on tonight:

Bit disappointing tonights show I feel. No-one made me think, wow. I liked a couple of performances quite a lot but I don't think anyone was very memorable.

Emma and Darren:

I thought this was a really entertaining foxtrot, nice routine and Emma can really perform the dance. I know there was a problem with her feet but we barely got to see them because of the weird camera angles so can't really comment on that. Although I don't think techinally she was the best, she performed the best of the foxtrots in my opinion.

Matt and Lilia:

Hmmm, not sure about this at all. It just didn't feel like a paso. The music didn't help, I thought the music might work but I don't feel it did. I think he struggles with the acting required, I didn't feel any sense of drama or passion from him and I think they have no chemistry whatsoever. However, loved what they did last week so give it time I say!

Jan and Anton:

Thought this was ok, good attempt from Jan but very stumbly in places. I think she's really gonna struggle as the weeks go by especially if she's dancing salsa next week. Especially if she's dancing salsa next week with Anton. lmao

Mark and Karen:

Oh I did like this one a lot. Liked the capes, liked the routine, bloody LOVED the music, Strictly Ballroom is just a classic Only paso that had any drama in it IMO. Don't think it was quite good enough for 9's though sadly.

Carol and Matt:

Very nice, it had a lovely romantic feel to it and I think Carol did a fantastic job.

Georgina and James:

Well firstly, thank god they're finally out Thought this was ok, she was very much improved but I thought she'd be ok in foxtrot. Len's gone crazy if he thinks that deserved an 8 though, and people talk about Craig/Bruno being biased, Len's scoring is so ridiculous sometimes.

Peter and Erin:

Truly horrific music choice. I felt a bit sorry for him, it's obviously just not his thing at all. I really felt like it was awful/cringey stuff. I'd have given it a 2 if i was a judge lol. Go Craig!

Louisa and Vincent:

Love this couple, Vincent's gorgeous but didn't think foxtrot was that great tonight. It didn't flow, it didn't look particulary nice, agree with Arlene that it looked hard work!

Ray and Camilla:

To be honest, I appreciate that he was quite good but I absolutley hated this. Hated the routine, and think he can't act the dances. It was just forced grrr agression with no real drama or tension, I don't think it came across what the paso is meant to be about. Shame. Also dunno what she was getting upset about, 30 out of 40, last time I checked was quite a good score!

Claire and Brendan:

Thought this was ok, I liked the routine but this again seemed to look like hard work, it didn't look nice and flowing. What possessed Arlene to give them a 4? Bit severe there I thought. Didn't make me go wow or anything, but yeah it was quite good

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 01:19
Marking was all over the place tonight - dreadful.    I fully sympathised with Brendan losing his rag over it.  And the music choices!  Whoever selects these should be shot by a massed firing squad of BR members. 

I loved both Camilla & Ray's and Karen & Mark's paso's, but I can only judge from an entertainment point of view since I have no dance savvy whatsoever - like most viewers I would imagine.

Really liked Carol & Matthew's foxtrot, Claire & Brendan entertained me once again, and I can't possibly say anything against new favourite Vincent.  

None of the others really did anything for me, though I missed Emma & Darren's as I was just seeing Mom & Dad off after their visit this afternoon.    I suspect that I didn't really miss a lot, as I find her to be massively over-rated by the judges, and it gets on my wick... 

-------------

Posted By: Billyjohn
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 09:28
This music thing is a real problem - was last week and again this week. Last few series, the professional dancers got to choose their own musiv I thought. The band and singers have not been introduced by Brucie this year so makes me think there are no live singers - though you can see some singers in hte background.

Me wonders if the Beeb are trying to attract a more contemporary audience by using more contemporary music. If I recall, lot of music from series 3 was the same as series 3. But such bad music choices are ruining it for me - and seemingly lots of others too and must be sheer hell for the celebs to stay with the beat.

Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 10:16
I am so glad that Georgins was voted out, Peter was not so hot this week, I hated that knee walking thing. Good luck next week.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 11:13
to me I wonder if the Beeb are cutting corners on the most important part of the show the music! for the Original Come Dancing they used to use the leading dancing bands and the music was good it really needs sorting

-------------

Posted By: Crystal Tips
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:00
Couldn't agree with you more about the music Bren. It is dire.

Ray's extraordinary performance and Mark's brooding matador woke the Tipster household from the gentle slumber induced by much of the rest. Carole and Matthew danced with elegant restraint and economy and Claire and Brendan looked quite lyrical at times. I am mystified by Craig's adoration of the Baby Blancmange. He usually supports things that are a bit edgy and offbeam. She seems perfectly sweet and inoffensive but perhaps that is the problem. Just not alot of spice for me in that particular pudding.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:40
I honestly am not keen on Mark - don't know what it is but not a fan at the moment

-------------

Posted By: Den13
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:57
I'm no expert but did enjoy both Mark and Karen and Camilla and Ray's pasos last night. Peter was the worst.

I enjoyed Claire and Brendan and Carol and Matts foxtrot the most. For me Anton and Jan were the worst

The marking and comments were all over the place and good on Brendan in pointing out just how eratic they were being last night. He had a fair point but I fear for speaking up he has shot himself in the foot!

Its interesting that Georgina left the competition when she wasn't in the bottom two and did a much better dance. Obviously she lost the sympathy vote!

Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 15:37
I always thought that the votes were for the best dancers not the best personalities, but if we take a leaf out of the judges books, as I have said before
Craig has Darren/Emma as winners.
Arlene has Mark/Karen as winners.

Not figured Len or Bruno out yet but it only a matter of time I suppose.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 15:52

to me I wonder if the Beeb are cutting corners on the most important part of the show the music! for the Original Come Dancing they used to use the leading dancing bands and the music was good it really needs sorting

I was reading on a board i am a member of, one of the girls on there has lessons with erin and apparently her original music choices were turned out by the producers and she had to dance to mission impossible. Apparently they want to attract a more mainstream audience or something daft like that. Remember on series 1 all the music was good, mostly proper stuff, and then as the series' have gone on the music has declined and more pop music has been creeping in till eventually they'll probably not want any proper dance music.

-------------

Posted By: Hattie
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:25
That's interesting. I always thought that they couldn't use music that's been used previously in other series of SCD. Although I think some people have on a couple of occasions. I'm guessing it must be hard to find popular music for dances like the waltz for instance.

Posted By: Aida
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:26

I honestly am not keen on Mark - don't know what it is but not a fan at the moment

Me neither, Bren - all joking aside, he is just like a tailor's dummy, no matter how much 'spin' the programme tries to put on his 'shyness' it can't hide (for me) that the man just has no personality to speak of.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:30
Originally posted by Hattie

That's interesting. I always thought that they couldn't use music that's been used previously in other series of SCD. Although I think some people have on a couple of occasions. I'm guessing it must be hard to find popular music for dances like the waltz for instance.

I'm not sure on that, I guess on average the music has never been used before, the only time I seem to remember them repeating music is roxanne for a tango, john byrnes and claire sweeny used it in series 1, erin and julian in series 2, but theres probs been lots of times that i've forgotten about.

-------------

Posted By: salasally
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 00:42
Originally posted by anna

spotster I do agree with you. Mark was fantastic.

i agree spotster and anna! omg mark really is just HOT!

lol spotster can i be your first honoury member for your mark fansite   

-------------
salasally

Posted By: Thess
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 13:54
The wrong girl went home ... AGAIN!

Georgina's Foxtrot was lovely. She looked elegant (even making canary yellow look nice. Loved the design but hate the colour. Have the Beeb got a job lot of yellow or something!) and danced with restraint, althgough she looked a bit upright in parts. This was definitely her best dance so far and she even managed to get a bit od personality in her dancing, blowing a kiss to the judges!

Peter and Erin were dire. The dancing was as awful as their music. Full marks to him for attempting the knee walks, as they are difficult to do and require a lot of body tone and balance, but he didn't really do much else except lumber about the floor after Erin. They should have gone instead.

Carole and Matthew were very elegant and I loved her dress. They're doing a lot of graduated fabrics this series. Still a bit upright, but she danced well, light on her feet and her kicks and lines were very nice.

Jan and Anton were a bit of a mess again this week. The woman doesn't pull up through her ribcage, so her posture is wrong and she loses that lightness on top. Changes in direction were hit and miss, with little or no control on the change step. I'm afraid that Jan does not dance with musicality. Anton should seriously consider getting Kenny Welsh in to train Jan for their next Ballroom dance. As Madasafish will remember, his 'Superbody' technique works wonders.

I liked Mark and Karen's Paso. Point taken about the music Bren, it's more flamenco that Paso, but I do still like it! Her dress was great, but what on earth were those things on her legs?! Anyway, the cape twirling was a nice intro, although there was a slight timing problem. Mark could have been a bit more passionate, although he wasn't bad.

Louisa and Vincent were not good. Maybe it was down to their music choice, but their routine looked too fast and had nothing of the elegance of Carole and Matthews. This is where Foxtrot can seperate the wheat from the chaff, since you need great body tone to hold your position while you dance to the slow rhythmn. In parts, I thought Louisa was just running to keep up with Vincent. Didn't like the bit where they ran towards teh side of the floor and then drew back. i thought she was going to topple over into someone's lap!

Claire and Brendan were OK, but body contact was dreadful and Claire displayed what one of my teachers sued to call 'ducks disease!" It was a nice restrained routine, but nothing in it or about it to blow me away. They're a middle of the road couple and I don't think they'll be in at the final

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Posted By: madasafish
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 19:47
i seem to recall you having a canary yellow dress
ballroom the old style with the nets alf redmond had a picture of us in his folder
agree with all your comments regarding the competitors but also think jan + anton or peter and erin should have gone sat they were by far the worst couples
ray and camillas so called paso was awful it had absolutely no dancing whatsoever he just walked around with no recognisable paso steps

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:02
With lace over the bodice and ostrich feathers. It wasn't so much canary yellow, as soft lemon !!!

At least that's what I kept telling myself! Mum chose the fabric and since she was paying, it was hard to argue. I DID however put my foot down over the red dress dress (your red and silver suit with epaulettes). Mum wanted Nevtex red satin, but I held out for gorgeous scarlet georgette. I was right ... it danced beautifully

-------------
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:05
ok i will keep quiet about the soft yellow dress

if you drop the red suit particularly the epaulettes

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:06
nah that dress wasn't soft lemon thess

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:08
SILVER EPULETS

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:11
Originally posted by madasafish

agree with all your comments regarding the competitors but also think jan + anton or peter and erin should have gone sat they were by far the worst couples
ray and camillas so called paso was awful it had absolutely no dancing whatsoever he just walked around with no recognisable paso steps

Well Ray was masterful and he did throw some nice lines but yes, he did little in the way of actual steps, Camilla did all the work.

i know you shouldn't compare Ballroom to Latin, but Peter and Erin were worse than Jan and Anton and should have been the ones packing up their dance shoes.   

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:15
probably agree withnyou asfar as peter/erin is concerned
should be fun seeing tony attempting salsa

ps
DROP THE EPAULETTES STORY
im off to bed

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 13:38

probably agree withnyou asfar as peter/erin is concerned
should be fun seeing tony attempting salsa

We won't have that pleasure - he's doing the Vienese instead.

ps DROP THE EPAULETTES STORY
im off to bed

Nah! There's more mileage in this! I dug out a pic of us in blackpool, with you wearing the red and silver. Thinking of uploading it as an avatar .......

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 13:40
I can't comment He has far too much blackmail fodder on me

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 13:47

I can't comment He has far too much blackmail fodder on me

You cancel each other out!

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:24
now thess remember i have some very interesting photos of us    just you have a think ??????

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:27
I think you three should get these pics online for us all to see

To preserve your annonymity you could always block out your faces

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:30
its not my annonymity im woried about although brens baby pics are great blackmail fodder why do you think shes staying out of this one

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:34
Tsk it's DANCING pics & frocks and epaulettes we're interested in, not Bren as a baby

(Though I'm sure she was lovely )

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:39
i have great pics of bren handling pom poms in front of a class as for the others you have to remember me and thess danced together along time ago when catsuits and the more sequins the better was the order of the day

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:42

...you have to remember me and thess danced together along time ago when catsuits and the more sequins the better was the order of the day

And that is why we must see the pics

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 19:45
my avatar is now in keeping with suits of today that was taken about 7 years ago on the last voyage of canberra we were deming latin at the time

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:00

i have great pics of bren handling pom poms in front of a class as for the others you have to remember me and thess danced together along time ago when catsuits and the more sequins the better was the order of the day

Sequins and crystal drops and bugle beads and more sequins and chandelier earrings and sequins on the shoes and don't forget diamante's on the face. Made the mistake of using Copydex one time to stick the stones on. Left a mark, that did!!

And let's just enjoy for a moment, the catsuit. Elastic, tight fitting, sleek, showed every curve and sinew ...... Sequins again, lots of them and what were those pointy things ....errm.... oh yeah ....... EPAULETTES!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:03

now thess remember i have some very interesting photos of us    just you have a think ??????

Errrmmm (thinks) Prestatyn? Blackpool? Or maybe the presentation night when me and Sarha dressed as French maids!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:04
how about the green suit thess that had the epaulettes and the crystal chandeliers

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:06
french maid
thats the one think really hard

hey bren stop helping the memmory process

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:07
dancing freestyle to a routine of mine wasn't it ? I have that pic but madasafish has good blackmail fodder on me

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:49

how about the green suit thess that had the epaulettes and the crystal chandeliers

Oh that one had the works! Green grow the catsuit-o

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 00:52

dancing freestyle to a routine of mine wasn't it ? I have that pic but madasafish has good blackmail fodder on me

Yes it was - Donna Summers 'Hot Stuff'. Great routine. Madasafish resplendant in see through string-type top as I recall. Oh yes ... got the pics of that one

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2006 at 00:10
BRENDA     YOU ARE SKATING ON VERY THIN ICE

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2006 at 00:32
who me ???

-------------

Posted By: anna
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2006 at 07:45
Thess show us that picture please Dying to see it

-------------

Posted By: salasally