I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite winter warmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 14:25
ok i have just eaten and i feel hungry now Cry

i love sausage casserole but it had to be my old scout leaders mums one and no-one else could make it the same and it had some weired things in it like pickle etc but you couldnt taste it at all and everyone loved it not one complain apart from......what! there's no more! (usually because my dad ate most of it) (only ever have it on camp but now i moved we wont get it or if we do it would be rarely shame i cant stand the woman)

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:18
I have discovered the wonder of Quinoa, it makes a great alternative to rice or cous cous. have a big hearty spicy vegetable stew with quinoa...lush
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:23
what the hell is quinoa? eugh i hate spicy foods.

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:53
http://www.quinoa.net/

Its like a type of cous-cous, but much nicer. I love spices in my food, am a huge fan of paprika at the moment and have started experimenting with more spanish flavours
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:58
i dont mind paprika and such i just dont like it too hot as in spicy hot.

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 12:10
I like a kick but you dont need things very spicy, its about layering flavours not making something so hot you can't taste it. (mind you I like my Chilli hot)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 12:55
Very good for you too, quinoa.  nod

Favourite winter warmers for me - Lentil & Smoked Bacon soup, honey & mustard sausages & mash with steamed veg & roast parsnips.  Roast parsnips with anything really.

"numilishious" to quote Jonnyboy.  Big%20smile

Edited by Strawberry Pez - 14 Apr 2008 at 12:56
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 13:58
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

I like a kick but you dont need things very spicy, its about layering flavours not making something so hot you can't taste it. (mind you I like my Chilli hot)

i either will eat it or not with spices it depends on spices and how they are used etc.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 11:35
That's reminded me, my Paprika has run out so I need to buy some more - am about to add it to my shopping list before I forget! 

Must admit, I do love a nice Chilli too ... yum! 

And KB - am with you on the tomato soup too - that's one of my fave mid afternoon snacks in winter time, really warms you up!  Also that reminds me of being at my gran's too cos she always used to make me and my sis tomato soup in winter ... sorry it has to be Heinz though, although I don't mind the cup-a-soup ones either. 

Edited by JanDanFan - 15 Apr 2008 at 11:36
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 12:12
get pimenton, the smoked paprica, its numnumptious.

When it hits the food it released that same scent you get from chorizo

Edited by Jonnyboy - 15 Apr 2008 at 12:13
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 13:46
I've not tried that one Jon - pimenton eh, will change it on my shopping list now!  (Or get it as WELL as maybe ...) 

I normally sprinkle paprika over the seafood sauce when I make prawn cocktail starters, just gives a nice 'bite' to it without being OTT ... my stomach is starting to rumble again LOL 
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 16:49
i have just eaten a bag of crisps (oh so healthy) and now i feel hungry again grrrr. good thing i still have a sandwich downstairs seeing as that was the first thing i have eaten today.

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 17:03
Talk about food, I'm starving Ermm
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 17:25
me too i think i will go and get my sandwich or something.

veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 21:51
Today we went to the farm shop and bought 2 individual steak and Guinness purses, they were sort of like a pie but instead of putting in the contents and putting a lid on they sort of scrunched up the top so it looked like a knot.
They are one of the best things I have ever tasted and perfect for a freezing cold evening like this, we are going back tomorrow to get some more for the freezer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456