I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2018
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing the Mark a bit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing the Mark a bit
    Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 18:17
Not sure what it is but there's something missing. I

A couple of things I like are the fact the pros choreograph their own routines and I love that the pro routines every week.

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 19:16
Yes I know what you mean ... It's lost a little bit of it's charm somehow. I'm still watching in a rather half hearted way. I like the fact the pros do their own choreo. Just wish the panel would stop being so critical. They're there to judge the skating not the choreo. The pro routines are good. It would've been nice to have more of the old pros return. Let's just say I wouldn't be upset if it didn't come back next year.

Edited by Jo Bird - 30 Jan 2018 at 19:59
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 13:29
I watched the first couple of weeks but have found more interesting things to do since. Pity, because I am, above all, a skating nut.

For my money it's all too padded - the ones I saw made SCD look like a tight-packed show. T&D were phenomenal skaters, but I'm not sure they're wholly comfortable with being TV personalities, and while I'm pleased the pros are getting more of a look-in, it still didn't catch fire for me.

I'll have it on in the background if there's nothing else on, but it's no longer something I'd go out of my way to watch.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 19:07
Will you be watching the Olympics Bambi? I'm hoping the ice dance will be on the bbc as I don't have eurosport.

I've been following Penny & Nick on youtube. They've done really well to qualify after Penny's knee injury.

Edited by Jo Bird - 02 Feb 2018 at 19:08
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 22:11
I'm lucky enough to get Eurosport as an add on with Amazon Prime £4.99 and worth every penny for the tennis and the skating. It's just a pity the time difference looks likely to mean it'll be on at silly o'clock in the morning!

Given all they've been through it amazes me Penny and Nick have even made it to the Games. Ice Dance is at a real high this season I think, but I hope they can get into the top ten.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 15:34
Penny & Nick are skating their short dance on DOI this evening!
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 13:22
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Penny & Nick are skating their short dance on DOI this evening!

I happened to wander in when they were on - Mum's still watching even if I'm not - and their rhumba is the one Torvill and Dean used in '94! They got some 6.0's for if I remember rightly.

It's good to see DOI giving them a wider audience

Edited by BambionIce - 05 Feb 2018 at 13:23
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 16:26
I have been watching it, but always on catch-up either later on the Sunday evening, or on Monday's.
I can't stand the adverts, so FF thru a lot of it, just watch the couples dance, don't watch the pro section.
I like the pro skaters doing their own choreography- at last!!
Where did Karen, and Robyn go? (from the judging panel)
As Torvill and Dean (nearly) always scoring the same, they should be on alternate weeks, and have another judge on, maybe a bit more fun? Or maybe sit together as one judge, as they both think/score the same?
Maybe it's the celebs?, barely know any of them.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply