I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Final chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Final chat thread
    Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 20:36
Did watch the final this week, it was on at a friends house last Saturday, but more as background music,so I knew who won.
Glad for Joe, and Katja

Is there a Xmas special on?? probably, -have yet to look at tv guide.

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas festivities, a quiet one here, full of a cold etc.. now, so staying in,,,, low key affair here.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 13:26
I've enjoyed reading your write ups Bambi. You've made me chuckle numerous times. Thank you
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:15
Finals are far easier to watch without emotional investment, aren't they! I enjoyed this year's a lot, having been underwhelmed by the series as a whole.

Round 1:
Alex's AS was *nice* and it was good to see a softer side. Debbie and fast latin still don't mix, but I thought her salsa looked better than last time. Gemma's Paso is one of the few dances of hers I actually remember but hey - it's still as Paso Doble done to Coldplay, and that's not a good thing, surely? Joe's VW, which I loved the first time, I loved again - despite a scary moment near the end which the judges chose not to notice...

Clearly being told their scores didn't count affected the panel's attitude - either that or some joker superglued Shirley and Bruno's 10 buttons into place. Guidance only? Oh, they're all marvellous, darlings!!!

Round 2:
Showdances, smowdances! What a bloomin' let down!

Alexandra's Greatest Hits was bitty and ungainly - big on jazz-hands and personality, small on coherence and hindered by the theme/framing stuff. Giovanni was either playing to his partner's (pre-existing) skills or giving a massive V-sign to the sceptics. Ballet-trained Debbie as the music box ballerina? It was all very lovely I'm sure, but it didn't exactly showcase her "journey" did it?

Kudos to the over-excited Labrador formerly known as Aljaz - he actually choreographed something coherent which, although the lifts still clunked a bit, held together as the most enjoyable dance of the round. As for Katya... well I think she's wonderful, but what in Gawd's name was *that* supposed to be?

Less Joe's audition reel for Chicago, more Mrs Jones's pitch for next year's provincial panto, it was too sugary even for my infamously sweet tooth, overwhelmed by its "storytelling" and swamped for me with disappointment. The quicksteppy bits were good - but there weren't many of them

It's enough to make me long for the days of throw-the-kitchen-sink party latin showdances and I never thought I'd be saying that

Round 3:
Sanity restored! Alexandra's jive is still sensational (although lacking the impact of its first performance - maybe I'd built it up in my head); Debbie's AT knocks her overmarked ballroom tango into a cocked hat; Gemma's AS is still *nice* but doesn't inspire me, and Joe's Charleston is the most fun of the lot. Bravo everyone, you've all done marvellously - have another shower of 10s!

I wouldn't have much minded who won - even Gemma upped it significantly on the night - but Joe and Katya tick the personality plus partnership and performance boxes nicely, so congrats to them both.

Here endeth the sermon - merry Christmas to you all, and thank you especially to Bren for keeping us updated through the most difficult times - good wishes to you all for 2018!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 16:43
Good final... Congrats to Joe & Katya. Not my favourite on the night but the most improved over the series. I loved Alex's showdance. A real medley. Perfect. Debbie's wasn't my cup of tea. Gemma's was suprisingly goood. Joe's was style over substance. I enjoyed the group dance. Great to see everyone again.. especially Susan. Thank you Bren. Merry Xmas one and all xxx
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:13
Haven't watched it yet but Joe's win is well deserved, he has really developed into a lovely dancer over this series. Katya is a brilliant addition to the pros. Have a great Xmas etc and hopefully we'll all be back again next year. Keep dancing!
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 08:17
Merry Xmas and happy new year to you all.
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 21:32
Thanks for your company over this series everyone hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year
Pan
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:57
Well here goes brilliant Joe won well deserved so very pleased
Pan
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:57
Yippee!! Well done Joe & Katya
mikelincs View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote mikelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:57
Yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:41
All but one vote to Joe
Pan
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:28
Originally posted by mikelincs

voted all for Joe

Me too
mikelincs View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote mikelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:27
voted all for Joe
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:26
Voting done - 6 free online tonight. Think Bruno's been at the bar tonight. Come on Joe!!
mikelincs View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote mikelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:10
Doubt it, they will only announce the winner as far as I know.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 20:08
Originally posted by mikelincs

I suspect she doesn't have the popular support

I know, not sure how voting will be split between the four. We're not going to know 2nd-4th places, are we?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>