I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blackpool Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:47
Originally posted by salsa-addict

Originally posted by BambionIce

I suspect you're right, Jo - there's an awful lot of over-compensation going on to "persuade" the viewing public that it really isn't a one-horse race in terms of the actual dancing stuff...

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer (Hollins had the Charleston and not much else as I recall) but he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

I completely agree that Jo, for instance, is more likeable than Alexander. However, didn't Chris Hollins beat Ricky Whittle and NOT Darren Gough? I think Darren won with Lilia in a different year.

Sorry, didn't phrase that very well - Goughie would've been my least worthy winner throughout the history of SCD had it not been for Mr Hollins beating that utter smuggo Ricky W
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 17:47
Originally posted by BambionIce

I suspect you're right, Jo - there's an awful lot of over-compensation going on to "persuade" the viewing public that it really isn't a one-horse race in terms of the actual dancing stuff...

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer but Chris "I've only got one memorable dance" Hollins beat him because he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

I only started watching in 2010.. so I didn't have the pleasure - or lack of it - of watching Chris win. If any beats Alex it will feel all wrong (imo). No ones good enough. At least in 2013 Abbey & Susanna put up a fight. I don't think Joe, Mollie, Gemma or Davood have (yet) ...
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 18:50
Thanks for the explanation, Bambi. I have watched Strictly from the start and have, sadly, coe to realise that it is not like proper dance competitions and the best dancer often does nor win, neither does the person who has made the most impressive journey. The voting public is fickle. Personally I am enjoying watching Alex and Gorka. I love her commitment and think it has helped show his strengths re choreography too. However, I can appreciate that she might rub some viewers up the wrong way AND she has a strong theatrical background to enhamce her ability to perform. I also think Katya is brilliant at getting the best from the 2 partners she has and Joe is very likeable and making excellent progress. Mollie and Gemma are both a bit bland for me - Mollie more so than Gemma. I don't particularly like Davood and his partner - all too much good looks and no substance. I absolutely love Kevin and think he is the best at pitching the routines for his partner, whatever their ability but I don't think Susan has the dance ability to get through. Gosh I have missed out Debbie - perhaps just as well!!
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 18:51
Sorry for the typos - G&T for T!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456