I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blackpool Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fluff66 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fluff66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:13
Thanks for the company everyone

It was the best bit

treat others as you wish to be treated
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:15
Originally posted by fluff66

Thanks for the company everyone

It was the best bit

so agree Fluff
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:19
yes thanks for the company peeps and you were def the best part

have voted for alex cos she was good and susan cos of Kev :)
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:24
Well Alex was good (though there was a lot of out of hold) and Gemma and Mollie were better than last week. Hated Debbie's samba and she looked awful in that wig. Hated Mollie's music but thought she looked on a par with her backing dancers when she did a solo bit. Davood back to being macho and nothing else and Joe's salsa was frantic - his backing dancers got in the way and showed up his poor posture. I anticipate that Susan and Jonnie will be in dance off and Susan will go. I really like the progress Joe is making overall and hope he gets to the final just because of his dancing "journey" (sorry for the j word!)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:42
Joe is one of my faves but that routine not good tonight

as susan has beaten Jonnie and Mollie vote wise on other occassions I feel it could be a Jonnie/ Mollie dance off
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 21:02
oh and Alex is so good and so far ahead of them - unbelievable
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:12
Just watched it now & I was tempted to fast forward through a few of the dances!! Not sure how the voting will go at all - off to see the spoiler!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 14:47
Originally posted by Maisie

Just watched it now & I was tempted to fast forward through a few of the dances!! Not sure how the voting will go at all - off to see the spoiler!

Me too Maisie. Alex was superb, Gemma quite good and Jonnie did his best.. but I hit fast forward for Davood, Joe & Debbie. What a shambles. Mollie deserves a medal for dancing to Wings and Susan made me smile. I'd like to see more ballroom in Blackpool. Less props. Less extras.

Edited by Jo Bird - 19 Nov 2017 at 14:49
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 16:22
agree Jo they should try ballroom only and latin only weeks say half way through giving time for celebs to get used to dancing and save ballroom week for blackpool
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 17:38
Agree with both re more ballroom/less props & dancers - give them proper music & outfits too and make it a stylish event rather than throwing everything at it and telling us how wonderful it is!!
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 17:45
Originally posted by Maisie

Agree with both re more ballroom/less props & dancers - give them proper music & outfits too and make it a stylish event rather than throwing everything at it and telling us how wonderful it is!!
agree whole heartedly
Pan
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 16:47
I've only watched the dances on Youtube - decided to learn from my Halloween mistake and watch the figure skating live on Eurosport instead. That wasn't an epic (my two favourite men in the competition were both a bit below their best) but it beat the living whatsits out of what I've seen from Blackpool...

Alexandra must be a racing cert for the final - she's the only one who performs well, week in, week out. She was also the only one who didn't leave me feeling "Well, there's two minutes of my life I won't get back!"

Debbie - bleh. Some kind of "party" latin with fluff all samba about it to my decidedly untrained eye. Jonnie - I like him a lot, but he's reached his limits I think. Gemma - good, but bland. Did she really get 10s for that???

I like Joe - didn't care for that salsa. Davood - hmph. Maybe I've just seen much more enjoyable Live And Let Die Pasos?

Susan - Never seen the film, haven't a clue what the routine was about... kind of left feeling "Four years lobbying for that???" As for Mollie - she's better with her feet off the dance floor - is that what they were trying to tell us?

If I've missed anyone - please don't tell me, given how little I enjoyed most of the rest...

On a wholly unrelated note - I've been rewatching some of my favourites from previous years to cheer myself up and I'm trying to remember - Bren, was it you who posted a version of Alesha and Matthew's samba with a different (better!) track as bendymixer? If so - wow!!! I remember being underwhelmed for the one and only time watching the original, but with new music... my God, that woman could dance!!!

Oh, for a spark like that on this year's show!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 18:01
You've hit the nail on the head Bambi. This year lacks spark. Alex is good .. almost too good in comparison to everyone else. The judges have dished out 10's right, left and centre to try to compensate. It was a big mistake to let Aston go as he was the next best. In Latin anyway. I think that's why Susan (must be) doing well in the public vote. At least she's fun   

Edited by Jo Bird - 20 Nov 2017 at 18:34
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 21:06
Think Alex and Debbie not popular with the public because of their formal dance format. Think Alex may suffer like Natalie Gumbede did a few years ago who was clearly the best dancer but Abbey Clancy won it.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:35
I suspect you're right, Jo - there's an awful lot of over-compensation going on to "persuade" the viewing public that it really isn't a one-horse race in terms of the actual dancing stuff...

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer but Chris "I've only got one memorable dance" Hollins beat him because he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

Edited by BambionIce - 21 Nov 2017 at 11:46
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:46
Originally posted by BambionIce

I suspect you're right, Jo - there's an awful lot of over-compensation going on to "persuade" the viewing public that it really isn't a one-horse race in terms of the actual dancing stuff...

But as littlesue says, that could count against Alexandra - she's got the performance down to a T, but I'm not sure she has the likability of a Gemma or a Joe. I'm thinking less of Natalie Gumede - more of Ricky Whittle. Consistently a good dancer (Hollins had the Charleston and not much else as I recall) but he connected with the audience, had a genuine partnership with Ola.. and wound up beating Darren Gough to the title of "least likely Strictly champion ever" for me

I completely agree that Jo, for instance, is more likeable than Alexander. However, didn't Chris Hollins beat Ricky Whittle and NOT Darren Gough? I think Darren won with Lilia in a different year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>