I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chat Thread Week 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:53
Think Jonnie is incredible considering his problems but not as good as it could have been. Wonder if he is in pain tonight.
Pan
worcesterdancer View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote worcesterdancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:55
He looked very stiff in the upper body
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:55
Professionals next 😟
Pan
worcesterdancer View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote worcesterdancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:56
Originally posted by Pandora\'s Box

Professionals next 😟
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:58
Pulled muscle in her back oh dear should try dancing with only one leg, quit moaning
Pan
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 20:06
Have voted fingers crossed. Thanks for the company bye
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 20:10
hi guys strange night some very overmarked Davood and Debbie

Some undermarked Susans tango, Mollies Paso

cannot believe the marks for that salsa
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 20:21
A treat for me to watch without hubby tonight too.
I liked Susan's tango and was actually able to recognise steps. She looked nice in that dress. I think Craig and Darcey undermarked her.
Joe's rumba wasn't bad but I felt he was concentrating too hard on trying to get the technique right and that hindered the performance. IMO Shirley and Bruno overmarked him.
Ruth's foxtrot was awful - lots of gapping and very lumpy but I did like her dress.
Great Charleston from Davood!
Gemma's head position was better but a bit bouncy overall. Another one who lets her nerves show. Can't believe that Craig and Darcey scored that higher than Susan's tango!
Alex can certainly perform. A great intense, passionate performance but I thought her lines were not always as sharp as they could have been. Still a great dance, though.
Mollie's passo was messy and weak - Craig and Darcey gave her the same scores as they gave Susan whose technique was better.
Poor Jonnie - what hard music to try to do a hard dance like the foxtrot to. It was a bit pedestrian and he seemed to walk, rather than dance, his way through it.
Debbie's salsa didn't do it for me - it wasn't earthy enough and was more like a show dance. I disagree with Bruno and I did not think it captured the salsa essence - all too light and stilted.
Hope Ruth is in the bottom 2 tonight as she will definitely get voted off by the judges but I have a horrible feeling that the dance off may involve Mollie, Gemma or Jonnie.
Final 4? - Joe, Davood, Debbie and Alex for me.
ShaShaSha View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote ShaShaSha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 20:35
I would like to see Joe, Gemma, Alex and maybe even Debbie in final (though not sure I am comfortable with that one).
Gemma showed great promise early on and does just need to let go a bit as well as getting some confidence back.
Davood also showed potential, but will need to keep improving technique across the board to be convincing rather than just enthusiastic, despite doing really well tonight.
Jonnie also seems to have lost a bit of momentum but has perhaps reached the limits of what he is able to do.
Mollie has always been weak for me as makes me nervous - like watching bambi on ice as little core strength or leg control.
Love Susan's approach and hope she can stay in a while longer.
Ruth should just be gone now as way out of her depth despite being a very nice lady.
Dancing since the age of two
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 21:42
Much as I’m enjoying the new dynamic of the judging panel, I find myself increasingly underwhelmed by the dancing as a whole this year. I usually have some emotional investment by this stage but somehow every partnership just has something.... lacking this year.

Susan did well, and I appreciate Kevin playing a straight bat, not relying too much on the comedy/cringe factor. This is my favourite partnership of his so far.

Joe starts with two advantages: he’s likeable and his partner is fab, even when some jealous soul has fed her frock through the shredder... I was watching Katya more than him, but for a male celeb doing the rumba it seemed okay.

Ruth spent the whole dance running or being dragged around, utterly wrecking a brilliant song in the process. I’m concerned the slating she got (justified though I found it) might bring out a sympathy vote and save both her and her gruesome mugging partner. I got bored with Anton’s supposedly amusing “banter” more than a decade ago, and it’s really annoying to hear myself yelling “oh will you please shut up, man!” at the telly every week...

Davood seems to be stepping into the role of “journey contestant “ lately, and while the whole “Eastenders - Lambeth Walk” thing is painfully cheesy I did enjoy his dance for the second time in a row.

Gemma certainly got a better Viennese Waltz than Aston, but she’s one of those not improving/starting to slip back. I didn’t dislike it but I admit I’m biased - I ruddy love the Viennese Waltz!

Alex didn’t wow me as much as I probably expected, mostly because of all the stuff on the stairs. I didn’t think her footwork was as amazing as the judges made out, but I cheerfully admit it - I don’t know the ins and outs,

The Paso never seemed likely to be Mollie’s dance, did it? It all looked a bit frantic to me, and her expression, bless her, was a bit “I really am awfully cross and I’m jolly well complaining to the parish council!” I won’t be shocked if she’s in the dance off again.

Jonnie is remarkable and I didn’t find the routine all that dull... it was the best foxtrot of the night by a distance to my eyes! I hope he’s going to get through, but I am concerned for him.

Debbie looked very dainty, very precise, and while I expected the judges to rave (thank you Shirley for at least dropping to an 8) it didn’t do a darned thing for me. Not that it matters - she’s a cert for the final unless she somehow ends up facing Alex in the dance off sometime. I think the judges’ heads would explode if they had to choose between those two....

Which would be more entertaining than many of the shows this year, anyway! I’m finding it hard not to think “Roll on next series!” at the moment unfortunately!
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 23:54
I'm enjoying this series! Just watched tonight's & hope it's Ruth that goes.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 14:42
Bambi,

I agree. Katya is awesome, so likeable and seems to be a really good teacher. :)

I think that Kevin is brilliant. Susan is what I would say most of us are like. He is teaching her properly and not doing what no doubt Anton would have done if he was with her. (not even really bother and just go for comedy)

I have to say as much as I love Gemma I think she'll go in the next few weeks. What a shame. :(

I was a bit underwhelmed by this evening. I really liked Davood, Joe and Alex tonight.

For me top 4 are going to be Joe, Alex, Debbie and Davood. I think that Susan will be there near the end due to the fact that a( she is with Kevin and he's lovely and b) she's really trying and is relatable to us sitting on our couches at home.

:D
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 16:02
Highlights for me were Alex, Davood & Joe.. I think Davood was a shade overmarked.. possibly to protect him.
I love Susan. Whatever she does.. she does with all her heart. Jonnie's a really nice guy & Oti's dress was gorgeous.

Edited by Jo Bird - 12 Nov 2017 at 16:02
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123