I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 7 chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Week 7 chat thread
    Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 15:37
Sorry this is so late but only just got round to watching Saturday's show. I really enjoyed Alex, Joe, Mollie, Susan and Davood this week Nice to see a more elegant side to Davood. It was lovely to be able to recognise and name jive steps from Kevin & Susan! I thought Debbie was good but I didn't feel any connection between her & Giovanni and her hair/make up made her look very harsh. Aston's VW didn't work for me - but he was way better than Ruth. Yet again Anton doesn't seem to bother to teach his partner. I preferred Jonnie's salsa to Gemma's - he did a good job of showing off his partner - something that nightclub salsa is meant to do. I would happily dance with him. Wrong 2 were definitely in the bottom this week. Time for Ruth to go!
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:28
Late for the (fireworks) party and slightly jumbled - but that's pretty normal for me these days...

Debbie - now forever Helga (thanks, Pandora's hubby!) - Perhaps it was that deeply disturbing hairdo, or the truly hateful music, but I couldn't get into that tango at all. I'm sure it was very good, but 40? Worshipped by Craig? Off the top of my head I can name three tangos I've much preferred (Zoe and Ian, Alesha and Matthew, Kimberley and Pasha if anyone's interested - no, don't blame you!)

Alexandra - She's very good, very consistent, and probably my favourite of the series so far but there's something a bit... lacking. I think it's in the partnership because while I'm not seeing the tension claimed in certain *news*papers, I'm not actually seeing anything at all with her and Gorka...

Joe - I loved that. He and Katya are terrific fun together, and while he's inconsistent - when he's good, he's great. Possibly the most enjoyable of the night for me.

Jonnie - He's doing brilliantly given the conditions he operates under, and he looked to be enjoying it. He's great, I really like Oti, but for the second week running it wasn't a great dance.

Likewise Gemma - a beautiful, likeable woman who looked clumpy, uncertain and awkward throughout for me. She's a statuesque lady - toned, fit, but not dainty or fleet of foot - better suited to ballroom than latin, perhaps?

Mollie - Sweet, pretty, bland. I like her, but find her dancing pretty forgettable. It seems I'm not alone...

Susan - Well played, Mr Clifton! Pared back, no sprinkling of cheese to detract from her sheer joyousness. Up with her quickstep as an example of what the show is all about.

Ruth - giving a classic example of what Anton is all about. Shirley called it a parody - presumably because she couldn't use a cruder term for "urine extraction" on primetime BBC1. I found it ghastly in every conceivable way, but the ever-so-spontaneous, not at all scripted how- could-I-possibly-be-so-cynical ending was always a guarantor of survival...

Aston - Oh, Janette! Why couldn't you just choreograph a nice, straight, elegant Viennese Waltz? Overwhelmed by gimmickry, it looked lumpen all the way through. Another dance I love butchered!

Davood - Bravo, Nadiya! Just let the man dance! His best by far to date, elegant, charming, impressive in the lifts... I've not been impressed with her work so far, but this does suggest she's learning.

Have I remembered them all? It's not easy this year - it's probably down to me, but I'm finding proceedings generally a little lacklustre.
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 18:51
Won't be able to watch until tomorrow!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 12:47
Highlights for me were Joe & Davood. Great routines.

Alex & Debbie are both so good but I think Debbie was a little overmarked
and Craig's reaction was rather OTT.

Susan danced with gusto as always. Hope she makes Blackpool.

Edited by Jo Bird - 05 Nov 2017 at 12:48
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
stellow View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote stellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:34
Why didn't Joe get 10s, as he didn't muck up any of the lifts or steps, like someone else last week. 😐
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 22:47
Have only just got in from work, going to watch the dances now.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 22:36
Think Antons fans will save him. Maybe Molly and Gemma maybe in dance off
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 22:17
Just watched it - really enjoyed tonight's show & enjoyed them all (for various reasons) except for Gemma - did watch her until the end but she was the only one I felt like fast forwarding. Was surprised at the reaction to Debbie's - thought it was good but nothing special.

Gemma & Ruth in dance off for me.

Edited by Maisie - 04 Nov 2017 at 22:30
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:20
Thanks Bren
Pan
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:20
Originally posted by Bren

I live by the river and the firework sound from displays so so loud

We live at an RAF station and get fireworks at every pass off. They had the display on Thursday so very little going off now
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:19
I preferred that to Helgas tango too
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:19
best dance for Davood so far

thanks for the company Pandora - will be back later with spoiler
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:18
Really enjoyed the AS much preferred this to Helgas Tango though it is from a total amateur's perspective
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:09
I live by the river and the firework sound from displays so so loud
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:05
Not bad, quite good to start with just lost a little energy towards the end 😀
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 20:04
for someone of susans ability a clever routine of a difficult dance 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>