I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halloween Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 20:16
Originally posted by Maisie

Same as Davood's Rumba for me, although think I enjoyed the rumba better (I know no-one will agree with me )

I agree Maisie it was a nice dance but was not rumba :)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 20:16
I thought alexandra by far the best tonight 
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 20:16
I'm more disappointed with the judges comments/scores than anything else - never have high hopes for the dances on theme weeks!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 20:19
Originally posted by Maisie

I'm more disappointed with the judges comments/scores than anything else - never have high hopes for the dances on theme weeks!

me too Maisie it seems they have blinkers on tonight :))

the whole show was spoilt by the theme
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 20:20
That's my votes done. Who will go tonight? Will it be a shocker in the dance off with people supporting their faves, who didn't do so well?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 20:25
yuou could be right Maisie

alot on twitter voting their fave and giving odd vote to Susan as she was not as bad as their marks - seems to me they kept her below ruth
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 21:41
Well I voted fingers crossed now
Pan
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 21:45
Originally posted by Bren

I find dancing in an actual cemetery a bit dis respectful

It made me feel a bit uncomfortable too, Bren.

Think husband and wife, Kevin and Karen, may well be in the dance off tonight.

Some strange dances and strange marks tonight. Shirley doesn't always appear to be consistent in her scoring, though I do like her comments. Craig is usually spot on for me (I must be a miserable old sod!).

I really can't take to Nadiya, Davoods's pro. Surely she could have built better choreography into that "rumba"? I don't think she is being very creative with her dances - they all seem the same to me.

Nevertheless, overall, I am enjoying this series. Nobody really grates on me and they all seem to be giving it their all and bringing "something", even if it is not dancing prowess to the programme. Two of the 3 new pros have been good. Generally the judges scores have been sensible and their comments constructive. Plus, there are several possible contenders for the trophy.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 23:23
I found judges had an agenda tonight

Gemma good light action in her Jive - NO

Ruth 4 more points than Susan No -  although not well danced Sues dance did have foxtrot and she made no more mistakes than Ruth

Debbies Charleston worth 10 No on second look it is very un matched and had errors

Alexandra under marked tonight
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 07:11
I haven't watched any of the dances yet... No enthusiasm for Halloween
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 13:09
you are not missing much Jo the theme overtook many of the dances
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:32
Well that was a pretty poor do, wasn't it? I should've gone with my gut and watched Skate Canada on Eurosport instead...

Alexandra was the only one I actually enjoyed (and even she lost me a bit with the patented "mucking abaht" midway through her otherwise terrific tango). I'm pretty sure there was a decent foxtrot somewhere in Joe's appearance too, although Craig's "gawjus storytelling" was my "faffing about letting the theme overwhelm the actual, y' know, dancing bit".

As for the rest - horrid for Halloween indeed!

Jonnie - Looked really awkward and uncomfortable - it's the first time I've looked at him and thought "Yes, that prosthetic is really making this tough for you". The whole thing looked messy (and I hated the ruddy theme!)

Ruth - a forgettable quickstep with a silly gimmick. It's one of my favourite dances to watch done well, but this one just bored me. The highlight was Shirley's riposte to Anton's usual blather - "Don't make me count them (the mistakes), darling!"

Of course it's caused ructions on another forum, but it got my biggest cheer of the night!

Simon - the lumpiest American Smooth I've seen in a while; I didn't know he was carrying an injury either. Didn't care for the routine at all and I like both AS and VW.

Gemma - Well the judges saw something different to me - it didn't look light of foot at all from my sofa! I think she's the elected "journey" candidate for the final - starts off middling, works her way up the leaderboard an we're all told - oh my, hasn't she improved? She's pretty good, but this didn't wow me.

Mollie - Seemed to spend a fair portion of the dance posing and swishing her catsuit's tail - plus the fiddling about the the trident was most off-putting. Sweet girl, looks lovely - doesn't do a thing for me.

Davood - Nadiya's a bit of a whirling dervish, isn't she? Got the feeling the routine was more about her than him, found myself transfixed by the strips billowing from her costume and - well, rather less transfixed by whatever he was doing. Next!

Susan - Well I'm sorry - I disliked it intensely. I may be the only person on the planet who didn't love Kevin's cowgirl quickstep with Louise - and the oompah VW with Kellie... both felt as if I was being pelted with a certain cheesy flavoured corn snack. However, I can't deny they were well performed. This one - no. It wasn't for me at all.

Debbie - Memo to the BBC: The Lovely Ms McGee was the magician's assistant - a.k.a. the monkey, not the flipping organ grinder. These "she can do magic you know" VT's lost their charm a while ago for me...

Oh, the dance. I daresay there was some Charleston in there but the song/theme/magician's change of costume combo made it impossible for me to get excited about. Sorry Shirley, I love your comments, but the scores are just bananas now.

Aston - Well I felt he was fully engaged in the thing for the first time, but I love the Paso and I didn't feel I was getting one! I also feel the VT was in extremely poor taste.

Overall the show was in keeping with my week - depressing, difficult and disjointed, a chore to be endured rather than enjoyed. And don't even get me started on the professional routines... what a waste of talent!!!

Edited by BambionIce - 30 Oct 2017 at 12:37
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:33
Just watched Aston. That was bloody amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456