I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 5 Chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:06
crazy marks tonight less than Joe????
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:07
That is a surprise
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:08
I know Im going on about it but whoever is your fave give them all your marks  dont split them so weird the board
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:09
Jonnie is an inspiration  yes some steps are not right but to do what he does on a blade - amazing 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:14
thanks for the company tonight girls - sorry if I go on a bit :) still not back to normal after mum

please remember give your votes to 1 tonight
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:33
Have voted - very odd night tonight.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:40
Originally posted by Maisie

Have voted - very odd night tonight.

sort of flat?  or is that just my mood
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:43
Have voted thanks for the company ladies
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:44
Clapyes thanks maisie and pandora xx
Newfymum View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Newfymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 21:09
Thanks for the advice about voting tonight Bren as well as your usual guidance to those of us with no dance knowledge. x
Life is too short to worry what other people think - be true to yourself always.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 21:23
Evening all. Glad to discover from your posts I may not be completely mad in seeing things a bit differently to the judges tonight, Bren!

Davood - I thought he looked uncomfortably as if he wasn't quite sure what assorted body parts should be doing at certain points. Not bad by any means, but I didn't think it was any great shakes either.

Mollie - She seems a sweet girl (wish I could warm to AJ more) and I like the Viennese Waltz. I liked theirs too... when they finally started actually doing one. Its probably my favourite of theirs so far, but it did seem to take an awful while to start moving!

Simon - Good fun I suppose, but he looked a bit flat-footed, and for the second week running I noticed Karen doing a lot more of the actual, you know, moving around stuff? I'm a Wirralian too so I possibly shouldn't be saying this... but wasn't Shirley a touch kind to him tonight?

Debbie - I get the feeling she's looking for "something to be" since her husband's death (Celeb Masterchef, SCD - what's next on the list?) and I do rather feel sorry for her. She's remarkably flexible for her age; she's very graceful but.... the whole older woman doing the dance of luurve with a younger man still gives me a creepy vibe - this was no different.

On the upside - Craig's Bruno impersonation was the highlight of the night. Bar none. I haven't laughed so much since Nancy del Whatsitsface got mauled by a feather boa!

Brian - Amy, the "pro does a speaking bit" is Kevin's schtick, give it back!!! I don't care for it when anyone does it but it spared me a few more seconds of Brian's leaden-footed jiving. Definitely had a holiday camp feel for me - it just needed the mortified teenager covering here eyes and going "Dad! Dad, just stop it, people are looking!"

Susan - on the plus side, she's forming my favourite Kevin partnership to date. She's a big enough personality/performer to stand up alongside him without being too much eyes'n'teeth stage school. She's giving it a good go and she's not embarrassing. That didn't stop me finding the whole thing a bit gimmicky and awkward, though (Sorry!)

Aston - I'm assuming they were going for "couple getting ready for bed decide to waltz 'round the bedroom" with his open shirt and Janette's nightie? Too much faffing, no chemistry that I can see... he's very proficient, but I'm not getting them much.

Ruth - Looked far better in her stewardess's getup than when costume and makeup had finished with her. Other than that - it's an Anton samba, therefore a cringe-worthy pee-take. I've seen something similar stumbling out of a Liverpool nightclub many, many years ago (only more tastefully dressed).

Gemma - Nice, I suppose, although her head position screamed "Owwww,I've got an 'orrible crick in my neck!" I daresay it was a solid routine, but my main question is - what in the world's got into that nice, quiet chap Aliajz this year?

Joe - I do that kind of "commanding" when I'm trying to force the cat to come in - never works! Shaping looked nice enough but it didn't seem 10-worthy to me? Perhaps the drama didn't come through on TV as it did in the studio? Or perhaps I was distracted by whatever it was Katya had on her head...

Alex - Seemed to falter in the latter stages but she's some performer! I'm not sold on "The Corker" yet but at this stage she's my top tip for winning the whole shebang.

Jonnie - Love him, like Oti, love the quickstep and enjoyed the routine. Can't say much more than that!

Really didn't get some of the scoring tonight and have a feeling you ladies are right about a shock elimination being on the cards. And - wonder of wonders - I rather missed the loose cannon named Bruno! Odd that, when I haven't missed the other judge that used to be on - what was his name again...

Edited by BambionIce - 21 Oct 2017 at 21:28
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 22:32
My favourites are Susan, Jonnie, and Alexandra

Hope it's Ruth or Simon for the chop tonight!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 17:56
Highlight for me was Craig doing an impression of Bruno

I enjoyed Jonnie, Joe, Mollie, Susan and - surprisingly - Simon.
That's two weeks in a row he's made me chuckle ... in a nice way.

The scores were a little bit silly. Shirley's 10 for Joe took the biscuit.

Voted Susan and slipped one in for Simon.

Edited by Jo Bird - 22 Oct 2017 at 17:57
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 20:55
think Simon should have gone, thought he was worse than Brian in the dance off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456