I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 4 Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:18
Woah - didn't expect 10s!!!
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:18
Sorry not worthy of three tens I have seen so many better jives than that
Pan
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:23
Loved that by
Johnnie and Oti especially as he disabled
Pan
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:25
The bum still noticeable at times. He's good for a non actor/performer though.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:31
Love Susan & really enjoyed that (I am biased though, being a wee, dumpy, Scottish lady too!!)
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:32
Loved that Quickstep by Susan and Kevin well done to Kevin for playing to her strengths
Pan
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:35
Brilliant score. Must be honest Maise am an out and out Kevin fan anyway 😀
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:39
first half no stand outs for me

Aston vastly overmarked
Jonnie overmarked too 6 and 7s tops he has bad upper body
Alexandra good but because they overmarked Aston they had to give 10's
Gemma was good just a tad overmarked for me
Yes I am a Kev fan BUT susan was not you gave a good performance but she danced a good quickstep really well and I thought she should have been higher than jonnie
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:39
That is my votes in. Thanks for the company Maise
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:40
and there you go to all the knockers on DS Kevin is a good teacher and his work with Susan proves it
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:40
Hi girls btw :)
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 21:08
Managed to grab the laptop on a Saturday night for a change... do bear in mind, I know absolutely nothing about dancing!

Debbie - "Ballet Barbie" I muttered. The dress was okay, the wig rather scary, and the dance much too dainty, placed and balletic for my tastes. Rather pleased to find the judges agreeing with me for a change

Brian - First off - who decided *that* was appropriate music? Found his facial expressions somewhat disconcerting, the dance a bit stomping and awkward, but Amy's a bit good, isn't she?

Mollie - I wish I could take to her and AJ more as she seems such a sweet girl, but if that's her letting go... all felt much too contained and *nice* to me. I really didn't care for the routine either.

Davood - Less sleazy this week, but I'm with Craig - too much time spent apart, and while I like a dramatic VW (love the Viennese Waltz full-stop, actually) that one didn't work for me. Nadiya's a proper diva but he did look awkward and uncertain at times.

Charlotte - Better than I feared, but Brendan's resorting to running up the stairs/finding ways to limit the actual dancing time. Her best yet no doubt, but I still kind of hope she's released this weekend - let her leave on a bit more of a positive note.

Joe - I like him, and Katya is unfailingly fabulous but it felt a bit frazzled and even I thought "are his legs meant to be that spread?" Hope he's not in danger tonight - given his position on the leaderboard he could very easily be.

Ruth - Fabulous music, her best dance to date (not saying much again, is it?) and I suppose the haughty expression she's seemed to hang onto for the last three weeks does work better for the tango. I wish someone else (translation: someone better) could've been given that music though!

Aston - Yes, he's very good, but I wish he could've broken into a smile at some point! Again, I'm not stuck on the routine. Janette seems lovely, but as a choreographer... I'm not wowed and I feel like I should be.

Simon - Not as wincingly embarrassing as I feared (he's a Wirral lad too I understand?) but a bit "dad at the disco after a couple of pints". Karen danced her socks off - keeping him static as much as she dared - and at least he looked as if he was enjoying himself.

Gemma - I like them both (and has he ever been this exuberant before?) but that was a gawd-awful song choice for a Paso. I enjoyed her performance (thought it over-marked, but hey, aren't they all? If only the producers would let them use *proper* suitable music!

Alex - Wow. Looked a bit wild to me at times, but what a performer! She has Alesha-like levels of energy and attack, she looked a million dollars, and for me she deserved to be top of the leaderboard. Three 10s? Given the marking of the others, it had to happen!

Jonnie - Oti is for me the anti-Janette. I almost always enjoy her choreography, and this was no exception. Craig was spot-on - every time he got into hold he stuttered as if he wasn't quite sure what to do with Oti and I did think the rear end was still a bit prominent. I like them though!

Susan - Probably my favourite Kevin routine to date. He played the choreography to perfection for his partner and she seemed to perform it brilliantly. I knew he'd throw in the Morcambe and Wise departure, but it didn't feel contrived or corny. Brilliant finish to a really good show.

My personal star of the series is still Shirley, mind. The whole dynamic of the judging panel has changed since she arrived. They're actually trying to give constructive criticism instead of competing for sound-bites now, and there's not been a single unseemly squabble. The celebs are still an up-and-down bunch, but I'm enjoying the show more than I have in a good while thanks to Ms Ballas.

Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 21:25
Thanks Pandora!

I want Susan to get to the final - Kevin doing a great job with her. She's loving learning to dance & Kevin is giving her routines that make her look as good as she can and their dances are a joy to watch. Makes us two left-footers feel like there is hope!!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 21:37
think we are all on the same page agree with you all
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 16:43
Highlight for me was Susan & Kevin's QS. How good were they?! Lovely outfits too.
I've been hoping for Blackpool but I think they might go even further..
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 16:49
me too Jo Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>