I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Movie Week Chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:11
Joe my favourite so far
JJ
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Online
  Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:15
Aston good too.
worcesterdancer View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote worcesterdancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:17
Aston probably the best so far
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:23
That was good - all 8s or will she get any 9s?
worcesterdancer View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote worcesterdancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:24
The girl can dance......
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:30
Davood was ok - sort of enjoyed it.
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 20:54
Ruth's rumba was poor but she will probably have enough support to get through. Unfortunately Charlotte cannot dance and she can't act either - although she is beautiful. Brendan did himself no favours by his reaction AND they are in a dangerous position on the scoreboard. Aston and Janette deserve to be top - that was a very good cha cha. However, I think Alex is the all round contender this year. Shirley (casting vote) had least positive to say about Ruth's and Charlotte's technique/entertainment so think one of those will go (if) they are in the bottom 2.
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 22:06
Think Simon may be in the bottom two with the first on curse, not sure who else.  The Rev crap but entertaining.  Charlotte not good or Susan particularly good either.  Maybe Ruth?

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 22:21
Enjoyed watching tonight, just finished, a bit delayed, but got through it.
Favs of the night for me were Aston, Gemma, and Joe.
Didn't enjoy Ruth, or Charlotte.
Charlotte reminds me of another of Brendan's who couldn't dance, but can't remember who it was.......good looker, but also had to be dragged around.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 22:31
Originally posted by deborah31

Enjoyed watching tonight, just finished, a bit delayed, but got through it.
Favs of the night for me were Aston, Gemma, and Joe.
Didn't enjoy Ruth, or Charlotte.
Charlotte reminds me of another of Brendan's who couldn't dance, but can't remember who it was.......good looker, but also had to be dragged around.

He has had a few, Victoria Pendleton, Michelle Williams, Kirsty Gallagher to name a few,
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 22:34
maybe i'm thinking of Kirsty Gallagher?

Thinks he's rubbing up Shirley the wrong way already?? Do they have history?
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
26nutrut View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote 26nutrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 22:34
Love Aston.
Ruth
LilSophella View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote LilSophella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:48
I think it may be Fiona Phillips? the one that was on GMTV
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:43
disappointed with a lot of them this year  seems a bit lack lustre - maybe it will build?

My fave so far has to be Alexandra  she has limited previous experience and is having a good go worry for her as show goes on and the lesser dancers have gone and judges get to the nitty gritty - Gorkas ballroom as poor as Janette in many ways

Aston can perform and I enjoy that but he has a lot of performance skills which shows as with Alex when the lesser dancers have gone the lack of technique will show and whilst his cha last night was good if it had been a cha on week 8 judges would have been picking up the leg action more

Debbie good but not for me - just no :)

Joe I hope he keeps improving as he has always been a fave of mine since Take The High Road :)

Gemma if she can get some finesse will I feel improve she has likeable partnership with Aljaz

Pity about Charlotte - but being pretty does not make a dancer

Simon was lucky with his marks, Brian improved, The Rev is no Ed balls not funny, Susan is there to have fun and it showed am enjoying watching her have fun she has a couple of weeks left in her.  Ruth poor anton rumba, Jonnie was never going to be his dance - onwards now Jonnie.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 13:30
I enjoyed Alex, Joe & Mollie. Lovely ballrooom dancing.

I absolutely love watching Susan. She's a lovely mix between fun and keen to learn to dance.
Kevin's the perfect partner. Some pros would've made her look silly by now.

Foolish of Brendan to pick a fight with Shirley. She looks like a tough cookie

Edited by Jo Bird - 08 Oct 2017 at 18:08
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 08:30
Quite enjoyed the show on Saturday but they're a pretty mixed bag so far!

Simon - nice guy, trying hard, but he did look at times as if he was out for a morning jog. I blame the costume - it was more tracksuit than astronaut...

Ruth - Rotten from start to finish. The look on her face - as if there was a bad smell under her nose - reminded me of my auntie trying to be posh in front of the builders! Bruno's comments about needing defrosting were spot-on.

Mollie - Charming enough I suppose, but she doesn't do it for me. Seemed to spend an awful lot of time airborne!

Rev. Richard. Positively cringe-inducing. Watched between my fingers. I find myself less tolerant of the "aww, what a sweetie, trying so hard!!" brigade as the years go by. Maybe I've just seen it too many times before?

Debbie - Well, she's very good I suppose (although it wasn't sparkling for me this week) but I can't warm to her or her partner. Be interesting to see as the weeks go on how popular she is with the public.

Brian - Oh well played, Amy! Characterisation spot on, a charming performance, and I'm not generally a fan of his. Very smart, and very enjoyable.

Gemma - Love the Charleston, like her, like Alijaz and I adore the song. I should've loved it, but - what *was* that?

Charlotte - Seems a nice woman, looks lovely... until she starts dancing. Not sure what Brendan was whining about - he looked less like Tom Cruise than a tailor's apprentice haling a shop mannequin into position for much of the dance. And he wants to wind his neck in with the petulance toward Ms Ballas or people might start thinking he wanted her job...

Johnnie - Well I like him, generally like Oti's choreography and adore the Paso. He did all right, but it wasn't a thriller.

Susan - What a nice woman. What an odd Samba! My sister assumed it was a Charleston... Fair play to Kevin, he's doing a bang-up job of crowd-pleasing and playing to her strengths, but I wasn't comfortable watching.

Joe - Delightful. Pity they couldn't use the instrumental version of a stunning piece of music, but an enchanting routine. He's one of my personal favourites so far.

Aston - He's awfully good, but perhaps it's Janette's choreography? I can't remember much about the routine now, but then, I find I never can with her stuff...

Alex - Probably my favourite to date. A charming routine, beautifully performed, and she seems a nice girl to boot.

Davood -Oh joy, yet another disco Samba!!! He's good (perhaps better than he's been able to show with the routines so far?) but I'm not a fan of that style.

I'll be glad when there are fewer of them - reviewing the whole kit and caboodle takes forever at the moment!

Edited by BambionIce - 09 Oct 2017 at 08:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>